Hedgehog1979

One more Classic Pressure gauge available.

Evening all,

im not sure if this is necessary as there seems to be a couple of gauges doing the rounds, with varying levels of success, but I completed my OPV mod on my classic this evening and the gauge is now available should anyone want to borrow it.

its just the gauge, not the complete handle as this would make postage a little excessive. Fitting to your existing portafilter is simple enough, you may just need a vice/brute strength and ignorance to break the threadlock on your spout. (I wedged mine in the gap between 2shelving units then used the handle as leverage and it unscrewed with no effort)

my OPV required significantly more than a 3/4 anti clockwise turn to bring it down to pressure, but the difference was significant.

image.jpg

Edit:

Please follow these directions If you'd like to borrow the gauge:

To anyone who wants to use the gauge, please don't ask others to add you to the list, as administration becomes something of an overhead, simply repost the latest version of the list (if there is one), with your name at the bottom.

When you're done with the gauge, repost the latest version with yourself removed and confirmation that you've posted on to the next recipient.

If there is no current list, please DM the current holder with your details, and post a message saying you've done so.

Edited by Hedgehog1979

Hi can I have this, thanks, did have one doing the rounds but seems to have stopped. Will pm my address.

What's the point...it'll only change soon!

Can I go next on the list please? One of the others has stalled and the other one skipped me :mad:

Edited by risky

I can pass it on to you when I'm finished if that's ok with hedgehog

Sure,

If you PM you details to GCGlasgow. When he's done I'm sure he'll send it on.

List currently stands at:

Gauge currently in transit to : GCGlasgow

Risky

Received the gauge today Hedgehog, thanks, will get the opv mod done over the weekend and send it on to Risky.

I would like to borrow the pressure gauge please, can I be placed on the list please?

List stands at:

Currently with: GCGlasgow

Risky

itn

itn: I see you've put yourself on about 4 different lists for this. If you are due to get one from the others, please ensure you post back to say you no longer need it. Thanks.

will do no problem

List stands at:

Currently with: GCGlasgow

Risky

itn

itn: I see you've put yourself on about 4 different lists for this. If you are due to get one from the others, please ensure you post back to say you no longer need it. Thanks.

Thanks again Hedgehog, gauge now with Risky.

Thanks Glasgow,

itn please PM your details to risky for when he's done with it.

Gauge currently with Risky

Then to itn

Many thanks to GCGlasgow for hand delivering this. Bit of an anti-climax though as it turns out the mod has already been done on mine (or the pump has deteriorated to the point where it is only capable of pushing 10bar anyway).

Anyway I'll PM itn for his details and get it posted off.

Thanks also to Hedgehog for making this available.

thanks for the offer, but ive just ordered one myself from ebay from edesia express. so no longer needed. thanks

I'd like to borrow please

I'd like to borrow please

I'll PM you to sort out the delivery Kman10

could i get in the queue for this please?

Loving life grinding at 900rpm with 83mm burrs

Gauge currently in transit to kman10

Then to Taff.

Taff, Please PM Kman with your details and in sure he'll forward it on when he's done.

Just to confirm this is on route to kman10, posted today 1st class.

Sorry for any delays.

Can anyone that has done this mod tell me if the needle jumped around like crazy on their machine. I've done it myself and could only get a best guess at 10 bar static pressure because the needle would jump around at max pressure. I've seen videos where people have a nice solid needle at 9/10 bar im confused as to why/if I am special.

Taff send me your details an I'll send to you this week

Currently with kman

Taff next

Coffeefalafal: The needle jumped about a bit on me too, I set it as close as I could guestimate to 10 bar. I'm not sure that it has to be THAT specific (Although I'm sure some of the enthusiastic/militant members of the forum will disagree :D). The main premise being that 15 bar is way too much. If its a couple of psi out I'd imagine you should be fine. Unless of course you ARE one of the militant members and are aiming for the God Shot!

I'm not sure if any of the other guys that have used the gauge had it bounce on them and have anything to add?

I thought I 'd read elsewhere on the forum about this happening. Unfortunately I can't remember what the solution was (pre fill the gauge with water, DON'T pre fill the gauge...) Might be worth a look around though.

The gauge bounced for me too. I believe it is a combination of reasons. Firstly that the gauge is not glycerine filled and there is nothing therefore to dampen the movement of the needle. Secondly the movement itself indicates air is trapped somewhere I believe I read. I believe the solution was not to fill the portafilter with any water.

• About:

Coffee Forums UK is the UK's premier coffee forum Started in June 2008 by Glenn Watson, we now have more than 22000 mainly UK based members, and welcome more than 3000 members and visitors from around the world each day! With strategic investment and digital expertise from the Jackson Lockhart team (Tait Pollack and Adam Bateman), we are taking Coffee Forums UK to the next level, and are delighted to share the journey with you.

New Members:

We are often referred to as the friendliest forum on the web and we look forward to welcoming you onboard.

Terms of Use

Advertising

Coffee Forums Media Kit

Buy Advertising Space

Donate

Get Your Supporter Badge (per year)