Coffee Forums banner

Sold: Rossa PG Aluminium (full kit) for sale £250.00 plus shipping

2K views 12 replies 3 participants last post by  beo1329 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi All,

I'm willing to sell my Portaspresso Rossa PG Alu with all its accessories if I get the right price.

What is included:

Main Body

Air Cylinder

Cylinder Filling Adapter

Filter Basket - 14g

Naked Filter Head

Tamper

Rossa Multi-Purpose Base

Instruction Manual in PDF

The device has no stains and no scratches. I'm attaching some pics, which will include the Rosco Mini and other accessories, which are not for sale.

The device was not used on a daily base, it was used on average every second weekend and during travel.

I'm selling it because I'm getting the brass unit to match it with the Rosco.

I'm selling it for 250 GBP + shipping , which should be around 30 GBP (tracked EMS post). The device is built to last, it has no plastic parts, therefore it could last a lifetime if the user follows the manual.

I live in Hungary so shipping within Europe will save the huge customs fee and postage is reduced also.

I am accepting PayPal as payment option.

Here is a pic of the Rossa, along with other products , which I'm not going to sell.

<a href=
http://i60.tinypic.com/2cpq1xv.jpg' alt='2cpq1xv.jpg'>

See less See more
#5 ·
Hello beo,

I would like to try this out, as it has interested me for a while. I can make you an offer of £230 inclusive of postage to the UK and hopefully when I have had a play I will be able to move it on to another interested member
:)

One caveat, I am short on money until I am next paid, which is in 17 days or so. I should have some money coming in before then but I cant guarantee payment until then, I obviously would not expect you to post it until this point.

I am also not comfortable just winging this money into the great beyond, ideally I would like to receive the item first (based on my reputation here) but if that makes you uncomfortable then we can use an Escrow like Paypal and split the fee if that sounds reasonable to you?

#7 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi Dylan,

Thanks for your interest. The multipurpose base is the regular base a on Ross Spencer's website.

I'm ok with the price, but I would prefer to be paid first.

No offense, people used my trust against me before and I've lost money. If you find the Rossa to be damaged or in not a good condition, you can send it back and I would refund the money.

However the Rossa has been cleaned after every use, people in the office asked me if it is new...

I can take a few pics for you when I get home and you can decide if you like it or not. Moreover, I can give some advice in maintaining the Rossa, especially the cylinder.

Tamas

#8 ·
Hi Tamas,

I understand wanting payment first, my reasoning is exactly the same for not wanting to send money first
:)

So that leaves us with an Escrow like Paypal. Providing you have Paypal their fee will be £8 on £230 so if we split that then I will send you £234 and you will receive £226 after Paypal take their cut (give or take a few pennies). I dont envisage any problems, and I am sure we are both eminently reasonable, but for £8 its well worth having the peace of mind.

That stand is fine, and what I was expecting, I google "Rossa multipurpose stand" and it lead me to the tripod stand so I wasn't sure, but I am happy with the regular base.

I would love some more photos to pore over until I am able to set up the payment.

Let me know if all the above is ok with you.

#9 ·
Hi Dylan,

Of course it is Ok with me. Let's split the fee. It is a fair offer. I'll send you some close shots later this evening. Once you receive the item I'll be happy to tell you on Skype how to maintain it. I'm very particular about things so I've exchanged hundreds of emails with Ross, so I almost know everything about his devices.

The device looks and works as a brand new version. Only the plastic base has some scratches on the bottom, the tamper does not.

Tamas

#12 ·
Picked this up this morning.

What a lovely piece of craftsmanship. Really lovely solid device that is a lot of fun to experiment with. Still very much getting the hang of it but already pulled some lovely shots with it.

Thanks to Tamas, it was very well packaged and he called me personally on Skype to share his experience with the Rossa PG and give me a few tips. Couldn't ask for much more.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.