IGNORED

Sold: 2001 Gaggia Classic £80. OPV mod and resealed

Now is the time to buy a Gaggia Classic! The sale forum is filled with a number of machines in various conditions, and here is another...

2001 Gaggia Classic.

The machine has been stripped, the boiler inspected and descaled using a dremel rotory brass brush. All high pressure seals have been checked and surfaces cleaned before replacing them with new silicon seals.

The steam valve has been dismantled, renewed and resealed so no drips common in older (and newer!) machines.

Externally, this machine looks great. There is some light rust misting internally, and a rust patch at the back feet, particularly the right side where water has pooled. None of this is visible when in use. I have tried to show the rust in the pictures as best possible. The portafilter handle is missing the end plug.

Brand new group seal, OPV adjusted to 10BAR, boiler bolts replaced with stainless steel ones for easy removal next time.

Perfectly functional and ready to go. Located in London with Notting Hill Gate tube station a short stroll around the corner

Considering age and issues, price is £80, giving the new owner a solid machine and more money in the budget for a grinder!

IMG_1549.jpg

IMG_1543.jpg

IMG_1548.jpg

IMG_1554.jpg

IMG_1558.jpg

Edited by timmyjj21
  • 4 weeks later...
I assume this is sold now?

Hey, it is still available! I am away however, so unable to do anything until the end of next month which is why I didn't bother bumping it. Will let you know when I get back, you just caught me before I go off grid on safari.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am not that keen on posting, given prior experience and reviews from this forum.

That said, I have packed it in a double walled corrugated cardboard box, multiple bubble wrap covers, spaces jam packed with packing foam, and extra cardboard to pad sides and corners. If you are happy with this, let me know. Alternatively I can deliver it to you personally if you live near London. I'm happy to do train trips of around 1 hour (eg London to Kent or similar) for the cost of the ticket.IMG_20150812_102127.jpg

I had mine delivered from up North via Parcelforce and everything was ok. Just make sure you pack each item in bubble wrap and secure it so nothing rattles inside the box.

Judging by the above pic it should be ok. Having insured option will at least keep both of you happy.

Hi, thanks for looking out a box. How much would postage be? I'm in Bristol so too far to come to pick up. Many thanks, Mat.

456321 PM'd me first, but I just haven't had time to check postage.

Looking at myhermes tracked and signed for, with insurance and up to 10kg weight, it will cost £10 to Bristol or Glasgow. I will need to check the box weight, but up to 15kg is only £12.

• About
    Coffee Forums UK is the UK's premier coffee forum Started in June 2008 by Glenn Watson, we now have more than 24000 mainly UK based members, and welcome more than 3000 members and visitors from around the world each day! With strategic investment and digital expertise from the Jackson Lockhart team (Tait Pollack and Adam Bateman), we are taking Coffee Forums UK to the next level, and are delighted to share the journey with you.

New Members:
    We are often referred to as the friendliest forum on the web and we look forward to welcoming you onboard. Please read our Terms of Use. We stick by them, existing members please familiarise yourselves with them.

Advertising

Coffee Forums Media Kit

Click Here To Buy Advertising Space 
    £100 p/m when paid yearly, up-to: 690000 banner impressions per month!

Donate / Sponsor

Get Your Supporter Badge Today (per year)

image.png

Coffee Forums Logo