timmyjj21

FS: 2005 Gaggia Classic £100, Rancilio wand, OPV mod, new seals

2005 Gaggia Classic for sale.

The machine had a complete strip down. The boiler received an internal inspection and manual descaled with a dremel rotory brass brush. I replaced the original OPV with an old style larger, brass OPV. These tend to be more durable and have a larger outlet, so less chance of blocking. OPV has been adjusted to 10bar.

All high pressure seals were replaced with new silicone ones and the group seal and shower screen are brand new. The boiler bolts have been upgraded to stainless steel for easy removal next time.

Finished off with a Rancilio steam wand.

More photos available on request and inspections in London are more than welcome. I am very close to Notting Hill Gate tube station.

Considering the other Classics currently advertised, this one is priced to match at £100.

IMG_1539.jpg

IMG_1531.jpg

IMG_1538.jpg

IMG_1540.jpg

IMG_1541.jpg

Edited by timmyjj21
correction

An extra photo to help show the usual storage scratches on the lid.

IMG_1542.jpg

Edited by timmyjj21

Sorry, not sure of the px shorthand, but I definitively say that my aim is to get rid of machines, not aquire more or swap them!

Hello - would you take £75 posted/delivered please?

The Artist Formerly Known As 'jonc' | All the gear, almost no idea.

No

Nice and friendly. Glad I said please.

Sorry if I offended. I was doing several things at once, which is always dangerous, and admit that both responses in my last post were a little short.

But I also didn't take your offer too seriously, considering your post on my other sale thread.

I've made you an offer on your 2005 model... ;-)

So to give elaboration and reconciliation - I'm sorry, but I do consider your offer a little low, especially including postage.

Other stripped and refurbished classics have been advertised at £150 and newer machines at £120. All appear to have been selling for £100 or more. Excluding the odd outlying bargain which also included attachments like naked portafilter, I believe this machine is well priced. I do, however, realise that there are a few for sale at present, and it is a buyers market.;):good:

Considering that a broken one off eBay is usually £45-£55 without postage and a "working" one is considered a bargain at £65, I believe that a certain price needs to be reached.

Feel free to reconsider your offer if you still wish to purchase.

And yes, I know I use the $ symbol occasionally in my posts, my poor Australian keyboard doesn't have £ and I need to copy and past all the time. Annoying.

I didn't mean to offend either - I have a friend with a very fixed budget I'm looking on behalf of. All good. :)

I would for £100 inc postage to midlands if you could wait until June 25th..

P.s My aussie keyboard struggles with the £ symbol as well!

Spoke to friend:

I could do £100 inc postage paid today via paypal - no messin' ;-)

Can you do that - I'll even say please again - please?

If you can - we have a deal.

Hermes should be max £10 I guess.

Pwoar!... You really are pressing for a bargain. Regrettably I have to decline. By the time I factor in buying or scavenging a box, buying bubble wrap, packing it up and paying for postage it, is not an attractive option for me. I would greatly prefer someone to pick it up, or I can probably deliver to someone in Central London with negotiation depending on commute needed.

I am also leaving today to visit some Puffins (Skomer Island in Wales) and will be away 5 days. I will be without internet for a lot of this time, as there is no reception on the island.

I held off advertising elsewhere, thinking it was a good machine at a good price and would be snapped up, but I will reconsider when I get back.

Ever get to Kent?

Not reliably soon, sorry. I plan to get to Dover castle one weekend shortly, but nothing solid.

I have a work colleague who is thinking about starting his home espresso obsession (with my help), and while I was steering him down the Silvia route, this looks like it might meet his intrigue at a better price for his wallet. I'll speak to him early next week and if he's interested you might have a buyer at asking. I'll try and get back to you on this sooner rather than later.

Hi, i'll give you the £100 that you're asking for this. Let me know when you're back.

Rob

And Evilnun gets it. Boom.

Oh now you need a good grinder! ;)

No go classy: use Lavazza pre-ground buddy - it'll work fine.

TBH the Graef will do, but you need to go OCD like the rest of us really.

Sure you like a little OCD?

i'm sure it'll happen eventually, but one ridiculous over the top unnecessary step at a time...

Hi, i'll give you the £100 that you're asking for this. Let me know when you're back.

Rob

Send seller a PM to sort payment and delivery.

Londinium-R - EKS43 running SSP Silver Knight burrs

• About
    Coffee Forums UK is the UK's premier coffee forum Started in June 2008 by Glenn Watson, we now have more than 24000 mainly UK based members, and welcome more than 3000 members and visitors from around the world each day! With strategic investment and digital expertise from the Jackson Lockhart team (Tait Pollack and Adam Bateman), we are taking Coffee Forums UK to the next level, and are delighted to share the journey with you.

New Members:
    We are often referred to as the friendliest forum on the web and we look forward to welcoming you onboard. Please read our Terms of Use.

Advertising

Coffee Forums Media Kit

Click Here To Buy Advertising Space 
    £100 p/m when paid yearly, up-to: 690000 banner impressions per month!

Donate / Sponsor

Click Here To Donate (big thank you!)

Get Your Supporter Badge Today (per year)

image.png