About to order more Costa Rica Finca de Licho from Steve. Definitely one of my favourites.

Fracino Cherub, Malhkonig Vario, Espro calibrated 58mm tamper, Espro jug, ACF cups and Costa lover.

Twitter @MrsSKRobinson

Can't fault Steve, not once had a problem. Tried much of what HB has to offer, went through a bit of a Finca La Fany phase - with all the attendant puns, every bag arrived freshly roasted, without a long wait. Responsive to any queries. Top marks.

Mazzer Mini / Hario Skerton / Hario v60 / Kalita Wave 155 / Bodum FP / Fracino Cherub

Coffee on the brain - Caffeine in the brain

Ordered my Rancilio Silvia from Steve at Has Bean 11.00am on Wednesday-- Delivered 10.00am Thursday says it all really!

Mike

Did you manage to order a Silvia? If so how!?

lol no out of stock,just some coffee and one of those filter cones.

Great service even when there was an issue.

Just been an update of Jailbreak......ordered Mk3 (the new version). When order arrived the label on the 3 bags was the pervious version.

Sent an email and soon had a reply from them. Appears the labels didn't get updated properly.....it is the new version but they'll send me out another 3 just in case and i can keep these to tide me over.

I better get drinking.

| Expobar Office Leva Dual-Boiler PID | Mazzer Super Jolly in Black | OE Lido | Porlex Hand Grinder | Chemex CM2 | Clever Coffee Dripper | Aeropress

| Kalita Kantan | Bodum Press | Reg Barber Tamper Zebra Wood Handle & 58mm C-Flat Base | Motta Convex 57mm Tamper | and lots of beans

Some people have all the luck! I'm about to order some Jailbreak as it's supposed to be really forgiving for us newbies that need practice/tuition!

Gaggia Classic (Silvia Wand) | Eureka Mignon | 58mm Reg Barber 'Hasbean' Tamper | Aeropress |CCD| French Press

I tried a shot of it this morning. 15g in, 27s, 35ish g out. Pulled longer than I like, but for a first try tasted good.

Looking forward to giving it a try.

Gaggia Classic (Silvia Wand) | Eureka Mignon | 58mm Reg Barber 'Hasbean' Tamper | Aeropress |CCD| French Press

I think I've said this on another thread, but HasBean really are the gold standard for me in terms of what a coffee retailer should be. Admittedly, I only know them through a business relationship, so I'm not sure if I get preferential treatment but every order, be it coffee, tea, supplies (Chemexes, Kalitas, Filter papers etc) or whatever is always excellently packaged, promptly delivered and reasonably priced. We've has some shockingly quick email responses (quickest was around 6 minutes) and they have been understanding and accommodating when we've had to make additions or change an order last minute.

Have also had the absolute pleasure to go down to their rostary for some training from Dale, had a guided tour of the place and a sneak peak of that week's In My Mug (with all the accompanying knowledge) from Steve.

This is how you run a coffee business, in my humble opinion.

....(quickest was around 6 minutes).

Wow you've had to wait that long....i'd complain if i was you. :D

| Expobar Office Leva Dual-Boiler PID | Mazzer Super Jolly in Black | OE Lido | Porlex Hand Grinder | Chemex CM2 | Clever Coffee Dripper | Aeropress

| Kalita Kantan | Bodum Press | Reg Barber Tamper Zebra Wood Handle & 58mm C-Flat Base | Motta Convex 57mm Tamper | and lots of beans

Wow you've had to wait that long....i'd complain if i was you. :D

They were probably busy, I'll let them off. :D

How this for service

Ordered my Silvia from them (a while ago when they stocked them) at 10 am one day and was drinking an espresso at midday next day!

Enough said!

Great service and coffee. Top recommendation from me.

Bezzera BZ99 La Pavoni Europiccolo Mazzer Major E VST 17g & 22g RB 58mm, MBK VST 58.35mm, Aeropress, Cona, Kalita wave, CCD, Gene Cafe roaster, Cona, Hario, Hellem Sintrax syphons.

I got my new grinder recently, as well as lots of beans and various equipment in the past years. Always well packaged and competitively priced.

I happily recommend them to anyone.

Londinium I, Mahlkönig Vario, Hario Skerton, Chemex 1-3 Cup.

up there with the best companies I've dealt with for anything! Got my grinder from them despite the fact they don;t sell it and no one else seemed to stock it in the uk but steve jumped through hoops just to source one for me and gave me a discount on top!

Expobar Dual Lever: Mahlkonnig Pro M: My FlickR Latte Art

Ordered some beans for HB yesterday morning. They roasted them and shipped them the same day. :good:

My wife saw the (Royal Mail) Postie post the red card in our letter box (We live behind a gate) this morning :mad: :mad: :mad:

Unfortunately she was feeding the baby so wasn't able to chase him and kick the **** out of the lazy ****er.

Home - Quickmill Veloce Prototype with IMS Shower | EK43 | Torr Blackwood Trapez Goldfinger | IMS 22g Basket

Work - Quickmill Andreja Premium | Nuova Simonelli Oscar | Gaggia Classic DIY PID mod with Rancilio Silvia Steam Wand

Work - Mazzer Super Jolly (Doser) | Anfim Super Best | VST 18g Basket | Torr Black Metal Goldfinger handle with Standard Flat base

Brewed - OE Lido | Porlex Mini | Aeropress | V60-01 | Chemex 10 cup

My wife saw the (Royal Mail) Postie post the red card in our letter box (We live behind a gate) this morning

Story of my life. I work from home most days but I would say 80% of the time the postman does not even attempt to deliver, assumes no one is home and just throws a card through the box. I can't be going to the sorting office as the queue time is always minimum 30mins - tells its own story. So I get it redelivered which usually makes them attempt to deliver.

Must be a hang over from being a public sector company, i.e. no work ethic what so ever, costing the company millions every year but no one is accountable.

Almost worth signing up for IMM for the flat bags that fit through a letter box!

Edited by forzajuve
typo

the bags i get from HS always fit through my letterbox!

Mazzer Super Jolly - Expobar Brewtus IV-R - Knock 58.35mm Tamper - 17g LM Strada - IMS Screen - Inker Cups

We collect our post at work so I get most of my stuff delivered there, but our postman is brilliant and usually manages to make the delivery one way or another (including at one time slipping a parcel through the dog flap.

Back on topic I'm off to HasBean Towers three weeks on Saturday for an espresso making lesson. Anybody else done this course? Must admit to being quite excited just to see the place and the coffee making kit they use.

Fracino Heavenly, Eureka Mignon Specialita 16CR, Gaggia MDF, Espro 58mm Tamper, Bialetti, Aeropress, Oomph, V60, French Press, Puck Puck cold brew widget, Pinarello bikes!

Story of my life. I work from home most days but I would say 80% of the time the postman does not even attempt to deliver, assumes no one is home and just throws a card through the box.

Yeah, I work from home a lot too. And I'd agree about 80% of the time the same thing happens. I often have a winge when I collect the parcel, but I think I'm going to make a formal complaint. Enough is enough. Doubt anything will change though.

I bought 3 bags (optimal postage costs) so that's why it doesn't fit.

Home - Quickmill Veloce Prototype with IMS Shower | EK43 | Torr Blackwood Trapez Goldfinger | IMS 22g Basket

Work - Quickmill Andreja Premium | Nuova Simonelli Oscar | Gaggia Classic DIY PID mod with Rancilio Silvia Steam Wand

Work - Mazzer Super Jolly (Doser) | Anfim Super Best | VST 18g Basket | Torr Black Metal Goldfinger handle with Standard Flat base

Brewed - OE Lido | Porlex Mini | Aeropress | V60-01 | Chemex 10 cup

Back on topic I'm off to HasBean Towers three weeks on Saturday for an espresso making lesson. Anybody else done this course? Must admit to being quite excited just to see the place and the coffee making kit they use.

You'll have a great time. I think this is the first time they've offered the courses however we had a forum day there in July which was very very good. If you have a search there's a thread about it.

I downloaded the Has Bean iBook here:

http://www.hasblog.co.uk/free-book-but-only-for-cool-people-who-own-ipads

...and it's got some great reading material in it. Interesting to learn about Steve's blending approach. He makes a point about acidic blends being less safe to make for domestic use due to operator consistency and machine temperature stability. The first thing which popped into my head was, "Square Mile" coffee, and the number of people (including ,yes lf at times) who have failed to avoid getting a sour shot.

I'm sure the drinks are excellent but to me it's like watching miss world coupled with great British menu.