I wanted to check if there are any Airscapes (BTW I do not get any reply on my emails about them), but their website has gone completely - Google and Bing have it in cache, but there doesn't seem to be live webserver anymore.

[h=1]503 Service Unavailable[/h]

No server is available to handle this request.

I wanted to check if there are any Airscapes (BTW I do not get any reply on my emails about them), but their website has gone completely - Google and Bing have it in cache, but there doesn't seem to be live webserver anymore.

[h=1]503 Service Unavailable[/h]

No server is available to handle this request.

It seems to be working now - maybe they were performing an update?

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / 1998 La Pavoni with NickNak single hole steam wand tip  / Monolith Titan Conical & MAX  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer /  gold B Plus stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / coffee bar towel logo embroiderer to the hoi polloi  / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely and understanding husband 

It seems to be working now - maybe they were performing an update?

The website is up and running again, so yes - maybe they did an update.

I ordered a Eureka grinder with next day delivery, very prompt despatch and response to an e-mail question. It came the next day, I rang them with a query about something not explained well in the user manual. I forget the guy's name but he went beyond what I expected in explaining how to run it in and use it the first few times. Great service.

Big shout out to the excellent Bella Barista

Fixed my cafe gene for minimal cost quickly...

Orders dispatched promptly and quickly

Good honest advice

Consistently good service over many years

Very pleased with Bella Barista. Ordered on late Wednesday and arrived Friday. Excellent

Gaggia classic.Motta comp. VST basket. Aeropress. French press. La Pavoni europiccola.

Need a grinder

Really helpful, quickest response to a email I've ever had, and quick dispatch, what more could I ask for! Easily won themselves a long term customer.

I have read years ago that Bella would offer 5% discount on forum day(?)....does anyone know if this still holds true?

Thinking of purchasing a Synchronika, but they come out a decent bit more expensive than other places. I realise the service they provide is second to none, and their warranty at 2 years is at least 6 months longer than other places of similar terms....but in my situation, living quite remotely, it is unlikely that I would ever use rtb. Yet it would still be worth paying a small premium for such dedicated phone support I think....just trying to strike a cost/benefit.

Also if I did decide to go ahead, and wanted some accessories like a naked portafilter etc, are they apt to offer partial discounts on these...or is it very much 'the price is the price'.

Thx.

I have read years ago that Bella would offer 5% discount on forum day(?)....does anyone know if this still holds true?

Thinking of purchasing a Synchronika, but they come out a decent bit more expensive than other places. I realise the service they provide is second to none, and their warranty at 2 years is at least 6 months longer than other places of similar terms....but in my situation, living quite remotely, it is unlikely that I would ever use rtb. Yet it would still be worth paying a small premium for such dedicated phone support I think....just trying to strike a cost/benefit.

Also if I did decide to go ahead, and wanted some accessories like a naked portafilter etc, are they apt to offer partial discounts on these...or is it very much 'the price is the price'.

Thx.

Forum day is long gone.

Where are the other places you are considering.

Do some proper due diligence and ask how peoples experience are with them. Pennies saved now might not be pennies saved later, thinking cafe italia here.

I write a blog, it's nothing to do with coffee ...

https://rjwinc.wordpress.com

Instagram - rjw_inc

Forum day is long gone.

Where are the other places you are considering.

Do some proper due diligence and ask how peoples experience are with them. Pennies saved now might not be pennies saved later, thinking cafe italia here.

Thanks. Yeah, didn't fancy CaffeItalia for much. Looking at Doppio, CoffeeTeam, RinsCoffee. Again, they don't offer the same warranty period as Bella, but all seem pretty decent guys. Saving is circa £85 on Bella inc. delivery....not a lot, but not nothing. Think I'll get in touch with Bella and see what they say. Thx.

Thanks. Yeah, didn't fancy CaffeItalia for much. Looking at Doppio, CoffeeTeam, RinsCoffee. Again, they don't offer the same warranty period as Bella, but all seem pretty decent guys. Saving is circa £85 on Bella inc. delivery....not a lot, but not nothing. Think I'll get in touch with Bella and see what they say. Thx.

Rins I know from being a roaster, not sure of the others.

Worth asking see if they will price match or not

I write a blog, it's nothing to do with coffee ...

https://rjwinc.wordpress.com

Instagram - rjw_inc

Worth checking if the prices quoted are including VAT.

Laissez les bons temps rouler

Yet it would still be worth paying a small premium for such dedicated phone support I think....just trying to strike a cost/benefit.

Thx.

Hi

You’re right about the added value that comes from buying from BB in terms of warranty and technical advice. They genuinely want you to be happy with your purchase and I’ve found that when I’ve had a vaguely technical query, they’ve talked me through it on the phone and explained what i needed to do, and sent me the bits I needed (in my case some silicone tubing and HT silicone grease) free of charge. In fact I think they say on the website that in most cases the telephone support they provide can mean that problems can be fixed without RTB.

Also, yes, when I bought my Mara they discounted the additional accessories I bought at the same time.

Really knowledgeable, friendly and professional people at BB

Lelit Mara 62, Niche Grinder, Decent Espresso tamper, V60, CCD, Aeropress, French Press, Moka pot, Kinu M47, Feldgrind, Porlex Mini, Kawasaki Versys 650 mk1

When you buy a machine, you ultimately need to choose a retailer who will do whatever it takes to make things right....certain retailers have proved that they will, those are the ones it's probably best to use.

My reviews at http://coffeestuff.byethost12.com/ (now ad free)  Crem One 2B, ACS Vesuvius, Izzo Duetto MK1, ACS Minima, Lelit Bianca Prototype, Lelit Mara X Prototype, BTC Machines, Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster, other failed roasters: Grinders: Ceado E92, Niche US and UK, Eureka Atom Speciality 75, VDT Vibration thing: My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/ (old site)

I managed to work something out with Claudette from Bella....it's still works out a bit more than other places, but by all accounts that is money well spent. Look forward to receiving the Synchronika next week. Thanks for all advice proffered.

Yet another great experience with BB, Jordan agreed to check over my ECM, all done between 9 and 3, all back as it should be, excellent. And while you wait you can indulge in all that Coffee paraphernalia! Many thanks

Always learning.

ECM Sychronika/ Compak E5, RB Tamper. Everpure Claris water filter

Fantastic experience with BB when buying my Mignon - had friendly advice over the phone from Marco(?) when I phoned up for info about stock. When the item came in it was dispatched the same day. Recommended!

I've had a good experience with BB when I've dealt with them. Would recommend. 

Just ordered my ACS Minima at 14.00.

email received about 45 minutes later saying it had been shipped!  Luckily they were adjusting the pressure on one of them at the time.......but incredible all the same.

• Like 1

ACS Minima, Niche Zero and a VST 18g ridged basket.

It's just a pity that they don't open Saturdays... would be perfect...

Lelit Bianca & Niche Zero

Spent a couple of hours with David last week, ordered on Monday (Lelit PL62 Deluxe).

Despatched on Tuesday and FedEx failed to deliver, absolutely nothing to do with BB, FedEx apologised and delivered on Wednesday.

All in all excellent service from BB and David definately went the extra mile, free coffee was a pleasant surprise and much appreciated.

Top shop with top people.

One hears that Bella Barista are going to launch their own forum, just concerned a little about conflicts of interest - will wait and see

It troubles me that a retailer might just use it to promote their own equipment and services, of course they are perfectly entitled to do this, but if this forum has a strength its about being able to not be led by the nose and instead consider all equipment that's on the market. Maybe they are thinking of doing a seattle coffee gear set up with there own version of Gail 

gail.png

Edited by jimbojohn55
  • Like 4

keep calm and grind flat