Still undecided on a model though I've pretty much narrowed it down to the Silvia the Dream or the Sage. I'm a bit reluctant to but 2nd hand and the BB price of £449 is good for the Silvia.

Still undecided on a model though I've pretty much narrowed it down to the Silvia the Dream or the Sage. I'm a bit reluctant to but 2nd hand and the BB price of £449 is good for the Silvia.

Silvia , new , nooooooooooooo.

Shuts off after 20 mins , needs 30 minutes to get to temp !

I write a blog, it's nothing to do with coffee ...

https://rjwinc.wordpress.com

Instagram - rjw_inc

Had nothing but great experiences with BB. They replaced the burrs on my Eureka at which time I had a chat about a replacement option for my Dalla Corte. I was dissuaded from spending silly money and focused on an item much superior to my DC for little more than I paid for it. Superb advice which now approx 6 months later I am going to act upon. Service is something I value, combined with expert knowledge. I look forward to visiting to collect my machine and to top up with some coffee related essentials.

Always learning.

ECM Sychronika/ Compak E5, RB Tamper. Everpure Claris water filter

I had a terrible experience with them. Surely I will never buy anything from them. I have not decided yet to post the exchanges I had.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

QuickMill Rapida, Eureka Zenith 65e, Mazzer Major

Toys: IMS baskets, Atago Refractometer

I had a terrible experience with them.

You must be the exception that proves the rule. These people routinely go far beyond a normal level of service in an attempt to ensure happy customers. Have you spoken to Claudette and given her a proper opportunity to solve your problem before posting?

Espresso: Ceado E92 (modified for single dose); Vesuvius; VST baskets and refractometer.

Other: Aeropress, Sowden and Alessi Moka Pot; Mazzer Robur doser with Auber timer; Mazzer Mini E; Expobar Leva Dual Boiler

Alright. I've critiqued two other retailers tonight. Let's do this one. I hope it'll show good practice on their part given their reputation.

The homepage gives plenty of detail upfront. You don't have to go looking for it. In the bottom right is the company name, correctly described. Time Leisure Limited. They also explain that Bella Barrista is a trading name. Their physical address is also shown (I always like that especially if its also a physical shop rather than a service office suite). Clicking on "About Bella Barrista" gives further detail including company number and VAT number.

Trotting off to Companies House, we do find one problem. The stated company number is for a completely different company, called Closeside Limited. Time Leisure Limited's company number is 01554067. They are both registered to the same address. This suggests that it is a typo on the website. But it's not a good error. Can you tell for sure which company will the contract be with, is the name or number correct? I think if I were spending serious money - I'd ask the question first. Definitely I'd pay by credit card.

I have to say it's entirely clear which is the error. The directors of Time Leisure Limited have said that the business of the company is the manufacture of trailers. The business of Closeside is retail.

From the list of directors on Companies House I see names that are both referred to on the website and I have heard on this forum. This gives me confidence. Indeed when I used the online messaging function recently, one of the directors (of Time Leisure) emailed me back personally. This is a good thing.

Time Leisure is the sibling trailer business run by the same people and on the same site.

The directors also own most of the business units around them I believe. That may well be the Closeside Company that perhaps includes the B.B. brand.

It’s also perfectly ok for the company name and the trading name to be different eg Alphabet (co) and Google (brand).

I’ve known BB for over a decade. Others even longer. This is super solid business. You need have no reservations at all.

Espresso: Ceado E92 (modified for single dose); Vesuvius; VST baskets and refractometer.

Other: Aeropress, Sowden and Alessi Moka Pot; Mazzer Robur doser with Auber timer; Mazzer Mini E; Expobar Leva Dual Boiler

Notwithstanding the excellent reputation, db8000 makes a good point. If BB fell into difficulties then it might be very important which company actually owns the BB stock. You might have a better chance at getting money back/order products than the other.

That said, whilst trading healthily there's little to be worried about considering BB's reputation, and it seems db8000's investigations point to reasonable transparency in the end anyway.

1973 La Pavoni ++ Niche Zero ++ Aeropress ++ V60

Coffee by the Casuals

Notwithstanding the excellent reputation, db8000 makes a good point. If BB fell into difficulties then it might be very important which company actually owns the BB stock. You might have a better chance at getting money back/order products than the other.

That said, whilst trading healthily there's little to be worried about considering BB's reputation, and it seems db8000's investigations point to reasonable transparency in the end anyway.

Pay by credit card and it's no worries!

Plus it's the same for any company you buy from isn't it?

ACS Vesuvius DBPP, Izzo Duetto DB, Minima DB, Lelit Bianca Prototype DB (paddle flow control) BTC Machines: Roasters: Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster, other failed roasters: Grinders: Ceado E92, Niche US and UK: 145kg assorted greens: My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/

I had a terrible experience with them. Surely I will never buy anything from them. I have not decided yet to post the exchanges I had.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Perhaps you should give full details and explain exactly what happened. All we know at the moment is how you feel you had a terrible experience, but not what it was or why you felt that way? This isn't hugely helpful.

ACS Vesuvius DBPP, Izzo Duetto DB, Minima DB, Lelit Bianca Prototype DB (paddle flow control) BTC Machines: Roasters: Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster, other failed roasters: Grinders: Ceado E92, Niche US and UK: 145kg assorted greens: My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/

For me they re excellent in terms of product offer, knowledge and above all service.

Jordan had a machine delivered to me within 24 of order, Claudette gave me the info i was after, balanced and informative. Lead me to the best product not the most expensive!

Top notch.

Always learning.

ECM Sychronika/ Compak E5, RB Tamper. Everpure Claris water filter

Spoke to Jordan last week about slightly loose steam wand on the ECM I bought from them last year.

He said bring it in and I’ll sort it and give it an annual service for free too. Fantastic.

Popped it in this morning and usual excellent service - everyone I speak to at BB makes me feel like they’ve got nothing better to do but just chat with me until I feel like going - top notch place.

Plumbed in Vesuvius - BWT Bestmax - Niche in Black. Aeropress and Aergrind

Live and Let Live

It's a great place which is going to be terrible for my bank account :)

Went there for a grinder, got a free kg of beans to run through and a few freebies....just because

Amazing customer service from Dave, will be making that drive a lot it seems :)

"Yeah, well, scientifically, traditions are an idiot thing"

Was in BB yesterday. If anyone wants a lesson in great customer service, pay them a visit.

From emailing Claudette to calling in and spending time with David, cannot speak any higher.

Sure - they removed money from my account but they are welcome to help me spend any time.

Now need to save up for the Rocket Giro Edition they have! ;).

...Sure - they removed money from my account...

It’s the coffee equivalent of private elective surgery really

So the advice is really anaesthetic? Lull you then before you know it, you’re back on your way with precious things and no cash!! ;)

Genius!!

I don't think I could visit the store without preparing to spend a lot of money! Let us know how you get on.

Must be something like entering 'Auntie Wainwrights' shop on 'Last of the summer wine' - Perhaps that is where Bella Barista did their staff training.............. with the greatest respect and said in jest.

JWL

One Life this is it, it's not a rehearsal so enjoy it best you can - Have some fun, buy a coffee machine.;)

ECM Synchronika - ECM V-Titan 64 Grinder - EXPOBAR MEGGACREM 2 Group - MAZZER Super Jolly grinder with doser -  AMIR Scales and they work fine - 15-18-20-22-25g VST Filter Baskets - Several MOTTA Jugs and a Home Made Knock Box. - Useful contributions from the Family.

I don't think we should speculate on the comparative wrinkliness of Claudette's stockings vis-a-vis Nora Batty, simply not the done thing!

Rocket R58Ceado E37SAeropressAerGrind • Puck Puck cold brew widget • VST 18g basket • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 convex black Ti/walnut tamper • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 flat sharp edge tamper • Big bag o' beans • Triumph Street Triple 675R

I don't think we should speculate on the comparative wrinkliness of Claudette's stockings vis-a-vis Nora Batty, simply not the done thing!

You may possess insider information, the best I can do is a YouTube Bella Barista demonstration.

JWL.

One Life this is it, it's not a rehearsal so enjoy it best you can - Have some fun, buy a coffee machine.;)

ECM Synchronika - ECM V-Titan 64 Grinder - EXPOBAR MEGGACREM 2 Group - MAZZER Super Jolly grinder with doser -  AMIR Scales and they work fine - 15-18-20-22-25g VST Filter Baskets - Several MOTTA Jugs and a Home Made Knock Box. - Useful contributions from the Family.

Great customer support, which is a must when investing in this coffee-making hobby. You wouldn't want to be left with an expensive paperweight if anything goes wrong down the road.

Although there was a bit of a hiccup with my order, that issue was quickly resolved after I contacted them via email. If you are the indecisive type, just drop them an email; they do provide impartial advice if you need it and are really quick to respond. I even got some great advice from Claudette (yeap, the person running the show) regarding the model/type of coffee grinder that would best fit my needs.

Can't wait to test out my new Eureka Mignon Silenzio once I get back home!

Not a bad choice Sir.

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE

:)

just got a Eureka grinder from them. Ordered Wednesday pm - delivered Thursday am. Excellent company to deal with. Highly recommended

Which one Mike? Mignon, Zenith or Olympus? All good either way. Had a zenith myself, great bit of kit, would've liked the 75e too.

___

Eat, drink and be merry

Rocket R58Ceado E37SAeropressAerGrind • Puck Puck cold brew widget • VST 18g basket • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 convex black Ti/walnut tamper • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 flat sharp edge tamper • Big bag o' beans • Triumph Street Triple 675R