Sign in to follow this  
kkilnan

Hi everyone, need some advice if possible.

Hi everyone.

My name is Kevin

I currently own a delonghi 820 espresso machine and a hario hand grinder.

Im looking at getting a new espresso machine, one that does automatic dosing, any ideas on a good machine for around £1000. and a decent grinder to go with it.

Hi Kevin and welcome. Presumably you can't be persuaded down another route… or can you?

Hi Kevin and welcome. Presumably you can't be persuaded down another route… or can you?

what route are you thinking of Phil.

what route are you thinking of Phil.

Well, one that was less convenient than a bean to cup but potentially more pleasurable - separate grinder, espresso machine etc.

Hi Phil, im definetly after a seperate grinder and espresso machine.

do you have any recomendations?

Are you saying £1k for machine and grinder, or £1k for machine and you have more for a decent grinder?

Twitter @Froggystyle

ive done a barista course where ive used a La Spaziale s40 and Francino PID, they used automatic dosing on them, so i would prefer a machine that does that if its possible within my budget.

ive done a barista course where ive used a La Spaziale s40 and Francino PID, they used automatic dosing on them, so i would prefer a machine that does that if its possible within my budget.

Mmm, I'm afraid I don't know anything about machines that can automatically dose - but there will be plenty others on the Forum that can offer advice.

A La Spaz s40 for £1k, is that possible?

I barista trained on a La Spaz s40.

from what i was told about automatic dosing, is that you press a button and it pulls a shot for a certain amount of time, and it aoutmatically turns of by itself, rather than the user doing it manually. bit lazy i know.

ive looked at the La Spaz S1 vivaldi but out of my price range it seems.

Do you mean you can program the desired volume of drink?

When I read your first post I thought you meant automatic measurement of grinds. Then you said you want a separate grinder. Sounds like you mean a volumetric machine?

Espresso: Ceado E92 (modified for single dose); Vesuvius; VST baskets and refractometer.

Other: Aeropress, Sowden and Alessi Moka Pot; Mazzer Robur doser with Auber timer; Mazzer Mini E; Expobar Leva Dual Boiler

I think you need to read up more on the forum, this could go on some time....

Twitter @Froggystyle

Do you mean you can program the desired volume of drink?

When I read your first post I thought you meant automatic measurement of grinds. Then you said you want a separate grinder. Sounds like you mean a volumetric machine?

yes that what i mean, i was just saying what the barista trainer told me about the machine giving an automatic timed dose.

sorry for the confusion people.

Edited by kkilnan

Ah.. and I thought it was all about bean to cup. It's not.

ive looked at the La Spaz S1 vivaldi but out of my price range it seems.

Keeps your eyes on the sales thread would be my advise....:)

I write a blog, it's nothing to do with coffee ...

https://rjwinc.wordpress.com

Instagram - rjw_inc

yes one could be imminent

AKA Toffee chips

Can the steam power/temp be adjusted on a S40?
You can adjust the boiler temp and that'll change the steam pressure as well. Your inbox full. Tried to reply your message