MartinB

Sold: Gaggia Classic, OPV Mod, Rancilio Wand, New Seals & Freshly Descaled

Hello all,

As per the title, I have a Gaggia Classic for sale.

This weekend i've replaced the boiler & group head seals, descaled, fitted a brand new Rancilio Silvia steam wand & set the OPV to 10 bar - it's ready to go!

The machine is in very good condition - it's a pre-Phillips model so it benefits from the larger, more reliable solenoid that is less prone to blocking.

Couple of minor imperfections - the cup warmer has been dented - i've flattened it out to the best of my ability but if you're using it to store cups/coffee equipment then it's no bother - also, the decompression tube has a split in - both of these imperfections don't affect the machine and undoubtedly the parts could be picked up on here/eBay for very low prices.

Included is:

Gaggia Classic

Power cable

Portafilter with single & double baskets

20150504_185052%20Large.jpg

20150504_185327%20Large.jpg

20150504_185106%20Large.jpg

20150504_185259%20Large.jpg

20150504_185221%20Large.jpg

20150504_185122%20Large.jpg

I'm looking for £145 - can post for £12.50

Collection welcomed from Oxford, OX1.

I will be travelling to Bristol on the evening of Thursday 14th May and returning to Oxford the next day therefore I could deliver along the way (I would want a deposit for this).

1995 'Coffee Gaggia' with full Gaggia Classic conversion, DIY PID Controller, OPV set to 9bar, Silvia steam wand, Botomless PF, VST 15g Basket, Motta 58mm Tamper and Ascaso I-Mini grinder

Hi, very interested in this. Does it come with any tamper or milk frothing jug?

I live in Manchester, I assume postage will still be £12.50?

Hi, very interested in this. Does it come with any tamper or milk frothing jug?

I live in Manchester, I assume postage will still be £12.50?

Hi there, I've just found a Gaggia tamper which I can provide with the sale. I'd recommend upgrading, though.

Postage will be £12.50 to Manchester.

Martin

1995 'Coffee Gaggia' with full Gaggia Classic conversion, DIY PID Controller, OPV set to 9bar, Silvia steam wand, Botomless PF, VST 15g Basket, Motta 58mm Tamper and Ascaso I-Mini grinder

Hi Martin,

Thank you for your reply! A few more questions if you don't mind me asking...

The single and double baskets, are these the unpressurised ones or pressurised ones? (And what's the difference? I hear people keep saying go for unpressurised but I don't know why).

Sorry for the questions, this is my first foray into espresso machines, only previous experience is the Aeropress.

No worries!

They're unpressurised baskets, sorry I should've stated.

The difference is that I think with pressurised baskets you can get away with using poor quality pre ground coffee from supermarkets as the design of the basket builds the pressure. Whereas the unpressurised (and 100x better) baskets allow for the tamp and grind to control the pressure. :)

Feel free to do a search but I've never used a pressurised basket myself.

Hello ShaunChris,

That sounds good to me.

I shall PM you to discuss payment.

OK. Marked as now sold.

Londinium-R - EKS43 running SSP Silver Knight burrs

• About:

Coffee Forums UK is the UK's premier coffee forum Started in June 2008 by Glenn Watson, we now have more than 22000 mainly UK based members, and welcome more than 3000 members and visitors from around the world each day! With strategic investment and digital expertise from the Jackson Lockhart team (Tait Pollack and Adam Bateman), we are taking Coffee Forums UK to the next level, and are delighted to share the journey with you.

New Members:

We are often referred to as the friendliest forum on the web and we look forward to welcoming you onboard.

Terms of Use

Advertising

Coffee Forums Media Kit

Buy Advertising Space

Donate

Get Your Supporter Badge (per year)