LeeWardle

Gaggia Compact Digital - No Power

Original thread and fix by randymir Here

Gaggia Compact - No Power

I have a Gaggia Digital Compact that I've had for a couple of years. It's been a great machine up until a few days ago. The machine was on and we made latte and left the machine on. I went back a couple of hours later and the machine had no power.

I', pretty technical, so proceeded to take it apart looking for any type of fuse. None that I could find. O also checked the thermistor and it's fine too. It appears the main board is getting power, so I'm think it might be something on the main board, but can't be certain.

Is there a fuse I'm missing? Is there something else I should be looking for? Finally, where can I pick up parts like a circuit board? All I can find are standard parts and no circuit boards to speak of.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Randy

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Lee, I think I fixed it. I'm going to put it back together and see what happens. In the diagram I have in an earlier post there were two thermostats. They are two round brown devices. If you recall I was getting power into one end but nothing on the other. I was poking around today and realized there were two nipples (so to speak) that were coming out of the middle. They appeared loose, so I started playing with them and realized I could push them in. They appear to be a small breaker of sorts. Once I did that and turned it on the display started working, so next step put it all back together and see if I didn't ruin something in the process.

Here are the diagrams:

http://partsguru.com/user/Wiring%20SyncronyCompactDigital_V120_Sae0440.01_Rev00.pdf

Capture.JPG

Coffee consultant, barista trainer & technician based in North Devon!

Email me! Tweet me!

Call me! 07455 188935