Time for another off topic thread :act-up:

Who's into the outdoors and camping?

We are looking to go camping in the New Forest this year. Anyone know any nice places? Must have a few pubs within 30/60 mins walk.

WATER : BEANS : STUFF

Me me me! Don't get to go very often which annoys me!

Not been to the new forest so can't help with that, sorry.

Profitec 700 | Compak E8

Me! Not very frequently, but I love just taking a basha and camping (with of course some wild aeropressing thrown in there)!

Student, Barista and Coffee Blogger!

www.samjfranklin.com | instagram: @samjfranklin

Work: La Marzocco Linea Classic (2grp), Aurelia II, 3 Mazzers, EK43, K30 Dual, CCD, v60, Hario Syphon, Kalita Wave, Aeropress | Home: Bodum Bistro Grinder, v60, Aeropress, French Press, CCD

Top tip when camping in the New Forest - make sure all of you food is stored in airtight containers otherwise the f-ing squirrels will eat a hole in the side of your tent and steal your bread. I speak from bitter experience. I hate squirrels!

Rocket Giotto Evo, Mythos, Torr x 2, Rapha Chris King Tamper (coz they are cool), VST's, Hausgrind, Airgrind, Hario Slim, Chemex, Aeropress, Oomph, Puck Puck, Bialetti, Black Acaia scales, Acia Lunas,fresh beans

Blah Blah Blah - it makes coffee

Top tip when camping in the New Forest - make sure all of you food is stored in airtight containers otherwise the f-ing squirrels will eat a hole in the side of your tent and steal your bread. I speak from bitter experience. I hate squirrels!

Leave a mustard sandwich out for it, the buggers won't come back then lol

Input: 'Terranovered’ Versalab M3 + Mahlkonig EK43 Turkish burrs + Niche

Output: KVdW Speedster + V60 + AeroPress + Syphon + Bialetti Induction Moka Pot + Bialetti Mucka Express + jar of instant for visitors..

I've done lots of cycle-camping in the US with ground coffee and a camping moka pot. It's so tiny you really need to brew it twice at breakfast. http://gsioutdoors.com/products/pdp/1_cup_stainless_mini_expresso/coffee To save a few grams a serious cyclist will always hacksaw off the bit of sticky-out platform. :act-up:

Gaggia Classic with OPV mod from Phil104 (hooray), MC2 from Chockymonster (hooray), Gaggia plastic tamper (boo).

Have stayed at the Redshoot Inn and campsite in the New Forest a few times, mainly with friends out of season. Did camp there once at Easter, although its a good site they do cram the tents in, and have a minimum stay at busy times. Plus side is that the site is owned by the pub (has own micro-brewery at one end), beer and food were good when we visited. Also the Royal Oak at Fritham is walk able from there, its one of the best pubs in the country let alone the New Forest

This is our home when we go to festivals and camping. We've had it 5 years and love it. :)

image.jpg

Do they let you pitch that at festivals?

This is our home when we go to festivals and camping. We've had it 5 years and love it. :)

Looks really cool, although I can't work out the scale of it. How tall is it?

Sage DB; Mazzer Major; VST 15g, 18g & 20g Baskets;TORR Trapez & Perger Tamper

Used to do a lot of camping when I lived in Zim. Just head out into the bush for a week or two. Never bothered with a tent, just used to stick a stretcher bed under a tree so that I didn't wake up covered in dew.

Longest trip I did was 9 weeks working on a survey for the Ornithological Research Unit. Used to drive into town (about an hour away) once a fortnight for supplies. Ended up going a bit mad :)

New Forest is lovely. Fewer snakes as well.

BOOM! You've just been onomatopoeia'd

Do they let you pitch that at festivals?

yeah you pitch whatever you want... I want a woodburner for it (so we can extend our camping into colder months) not for festival use though :bad::beer:

Looks really cool, although I can't work out the scale of it. How tall is it?

For a guess the centre pole is 2.75 m. It's 4m diameter. You can (if you want, we don't) fit 4 double air beds in it with one at the door, or 3 if you leave the doorway clear. We like it because there is room for our table and chairs inside if the weather is shite. You can easily stand up in it and it's very good in the wind and rain. It doesn't have a flat side to get battered buy the wind, and cotton gets more waterproof as it gets wetter...

The wood burner is well cool, have a few friends with bell tents but then I also had friends who lived on buses with wood burners in.

You'll be toasty once you do man, proper cosy. Though you won't wanna go outside the tent as much once it's set up lol.

sig was stupid long........

I always wanted a teepee but they are bloody massive!!! The poles alone you'd need a flat back.

sig was stupid long........

I've camped on a few sites in the New Forest. Hollands Wood outside Brockenhurst is an easy walk to a few pubs (and an easy stagger back).

It's not just the squirrels that you have to watch, those pesky new forest ponies will have the sandwich out of your hands while you are eating it.

Londinium L1, Compak E8, Gaggia OWC, Kitchenaid Artisan, Bezzera BZ02, ECM Giotto, Gene Cafe 101.

Never bothered with a tent, just used to stick a stretcher bed under a tree

Isn't that natures equivalent of tasty snack on a laid table for some hungry big cat?

Sage DB; Mazzer Major; VST 15g, 18g & 20g Baskets;TORR Trapez & Perger Tamper

Isn't that natures equivalent of tasty snack on a laid table for some hungry big cat?

That's the first time that I have been called a tasty snack!

Wasn't in the National Parks so no lions. Used to see signs of leopard around but you would be bloomin lucky to ever see one, especially up close.

Funnily enough the only noises (and there were many) that used to wake me up were human. Sometimes I would hear poachers out and about and it would take me ages to get back to sleep.

Scorpions in my boots in the morning were more of an issue than cats.

BOOM! You've just been onomatopoeia'd

Reckon you'd be spectacularly UNlucky to see a leopard up close when you're masquerading as a half-asleep kit-e-kat kebab! But yeah on the whole it seems the biggest problems all over the world are either insects or other humans.

Rocket R58Ceado E37SAeropressAerGrind • Puck Puck cold brew widget • VST 18g basket • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 convex black Ti/walnut tamper • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 flat sharp edge tamper • Big bag o' beans • Triumph Street Triple 675R

The wood burner is well cool, have a few friends with bell tents but then I also had friends who lived on buses with wood burners in.

You'll be toasty once you do man, proper cosy. Though you won't wanna go outside the tent as much once it's set up lol.

I also have a dream of owning a Merc 508d with woodburner, full size permanent bed, comfy seating, cooker, fridge etc etc....

My 'tent'. Too old now for roughing it on the ground!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13836[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]13837[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]13838[/ATTACH]

:cool:

QM Verona with 0.5mm gicleur & IMS 200µm screen; Mazzers SJ & Royal with single-dose mods and precision adjustment dials by timmyjj21; naked PF; VSTs 15, 18, 20 & 22; Chinese Distribution Thing; Pergtamp & Torr XS convex; Brewista & other scales; Brita Pro Quell 1200; Gene Café 101A. Loadsa bits'n'pieces 'cos too much is never enough!

nice old school camper

AKA Toffee chips

@Tony

I hope the solar panel is up to running your new purchase ;)