Hello all,

I'm currently looking to start up a mobile coffee cart and I'm doing a quick and dirty P+L before I commit myself to anything. I've read through the forums and I know a few of you are operating these, and I must say that style wise they'd be my preference!

So, I was wondering what your operating costs roughly per month are, for things like fuel, gas and maintenance.

And I've read more about many people towing their apes to their pitch but, as my desired location would be about a mile on flat ground from my parking locker would it be feasible to drive that distance with a full tank of water or is it pushing it?

And finally, how well do the Apes start in wet/cold weather? Are there any major downsides to these opposed to some of the larger coffee van conversions?

Many thanks!

Tell us more about the Ape... What size engine? How old? Electronic starter or kick start?

If it's a new Ape with battery starter then you should find it very reliable (they are really simple with little to go wrong). If you are only going to use it for a mile journey twice a day then you may want to consider trickle charging the battery otherwise you'll knacker it quickly.

Rocket Giotto Evo, Mythos, Torr x 2, Rapha Chris King Tamper (coz they are cool), VST's, Hausgrind, Airgrind, Hario Slim, Chemex, Aeropress, Oomph, Puck Puck, Bialetti, Black Acaia scales, Acia Lunas,fresh beans

Blah Blah Blah - it makes coffee

I drive my Ape TM (220cc) 3 miles to my pitch and 3 miles back every day and have done since 2008 with no problems whatsoever. The van uses around £8 of fuel a week and I couldn't be happier with it! Let me know if you need any equipment.....including an Ape!! - and I will be happy to give you a quote!

Andy

https://thecoffeebean-vanandroaster.co.uk/

[email protected] 

Toper Cafemino - Fracino Contempo Dual - Fracino K3 - Piaggio Ape............fresh beans!:)

I drive my Ape TM (220cc) 3 miles to my pitch and 3 miles back every day and have done since 2008 with no problems whatsoever. The van uses around £8 of fuel a week and I couldn't be happier with it! Let me know if you need any equipment.....including an Ape!! - and I will be happy to give you a quote!

Andy

Hi Coffeebean,

are you still working with mobile setups like Piaggio Ape and Fracino Dual fuel?

If yes, I would like to ask for quotes - thanks in advance!

Roasters: BB Dalian Amazon 1kg -Power contolled GeneCafe 101- 106Kg of greens - Tonino

Espresso: Londinium L2 - Gaggia G105 - Silvia v3 Mr.Shades PID'-d - Faema E92a2 (Project) - MyPressi Twist - VST baskets / Motta Europa (350/500/750ml) - Torr Ti 58.55 & Goldfinger flat 58.4 TiBlack, Pullman 51.4 - Acaia x2

Grinders: Flats: Compak R120 - NS Mythos plus Conics: Compak K10PB - Lido 3

Brewed: Behmor Brazen - Moccamaster KBGT471 - Aeropress - V60 - Cona model D - Clever - Mizudashi - 8-10 + 6 cup Chemex

Water: BWT Bestmax V Refrac: VST III

and a Puq Press not in a pear tree..