Beanosaurus

Ceado E37s A.R.S.E Mod

My next potential ARSE I am cooking up is the same design at the Mythos above, but with a wider gap between the teeth.

I’m wondering if it might reduce retention

Okay, I’d agree that.

For the first year or so I have been working in what shall henceforth be referred to as “CEM”, the be SCC does complicate dose to dose precision.

The ARSE gives more retention than CEM, but I think it’s workable.

The difficulty I have found is in making tiny adjustments between shots to finesse the grind size. CEM does have he benefit of any adjustment making a meaningful change to the next shot.

In ARSE mode, I have found you need to make an adjustment as trust it will be right - it is easy to adjust a little, shot not right, adjust some more, overshoot the target as the first adjustment hadn’t taken full effect yet.

Doesn't sound like you're purging enough, I mean I can't speak for the iteration of design you've gone regards the mod but I'm purging about 4-5g between adjustments no drama.

Are you folding the teeth out to approx 45 degrees?

I’m definitely being a bit of a Scrooge and not purging sufficiently. I also tend to make tiny grind adjustments between shots - suspect might be better to adjust the pre-infusion more and leave the grinder a bit more consistent now.

I’ll check about he teeth tho - have a sneaking suspicion I forgot to bend them out....

Hello fellow Coffee lovers!

I purchased a used Ceado E37s and wanted to get my arse together!

Feels like i searched the whole web for the answer. Can someone tell me if you are supposed to leave the little metal flap at the burr exit in place or remove it? After i installed it with the flap, i noticed that the opening stuck to the metal teeth of the beer can.

Thanks for the fast answer! Helped to resolve everything and my arse works perfectly now, thanks!

A little bit off topic, but read something about it in this thread. How do you remove the burr carrier? I already bought an 13mm wrench but can't figure out how to remove it. Thanks in advance and wish for an extraction rich day!

I never did this. Mine was very low shot count when I took delivery so decided it would be fine. I had a challenging experience doing this with a Mazzer previously and didn’t want it repeated!

I think @elcarajillo might be your man for that.

I wouldn't do it either, if there wasn't a need for it.. It sounds like some residue is touching the burr carrier. I can imagine that on a Mazzer it's even more hard to get off.

Thanks alot, gonna hit him up!

The Arse mod really does tame the E37. It gives me joy everytime I use it to see the coffee smoothly coming down the shoot, no drama, no clumps, no waste. Thankyou Beanosaurus.

Londinium 1, Pharos, Ceado e37s, Gene Cafe, Aerobie