Admin

What new features would you like to see on Coffee Forums UK?

Tapatalk

Totally agree - super frustrating to use on a phone but I neve get the laptop out anymore!

Rocket Evoluzione R 2017 | Niche Zero | VST 18g Ridgeless | Acaia Pearl | TORR 58.55mm

Please could we have a sticky post with all forums supporting shops / suppliers etc clicky banners in. Perhaps a star by those that also offer us coffee mad lot a discount?

This would be an easy route to their sites and good advertising.

Edited by Teaboy

Hi Teaboy

We're putting this together :)

Keep eyes peeled for a little later this week (hopefully) for phase 1 - our 2018 supporting sponsors

Edited by Glenn

Home Barista Training - contact me to discuss your requirements

Please PM me a couple of forum examples and we can take a look

There are various settings we can tweak but need to check versions as there are different vbulletin platforms and plugin compatability issues.

As per @Hairy_Hogg's suggestion - this would be really useful. At the moment I have a folder of subscribed threads and the only way in to an updated thread is to the last message, whereas the first unread can be pages back on hot threads like the current two Niche threads. I've had a good look around and dont see any of the previously mentioned 'go to first unread' buttons anywhere, sorry if I missed them but where are they hiding?

pavoni europiccola + niche zero / feld47 : now using James Bond's *coffee* steaming technique

I’d like to have the ability to post images/photos directly from an iPhone

I’d like to have the ability to post images/photos directly from an iPhone

Use Tapatalk. You can do that.

Hi,how about a dedicated technical maintenance section.(already covered my mistake)

Edited by Donscarlet

Please could we have a sticky post with all forums supporting shops / suppliers etc clicky banners in. Perhaps a star by those that also offer us coffee mad lot a discount?

This would be an easy route to their sites and good advertising.

Plus 1 for that, what's not to love?

Could old posts become locked in some way after a long period of inactivity (say two years) ?

Provide a warning "This is a very old post, if you need it to be unlocked please click on the /!\ report button to request it be unlocked, or feel free to create a new post and refer to post with a link."

Which leads to - Is there an easy way to link to another post , like link button has URL but also show a list of the last viewed posts? :good:

I always enjoy the odd Lazarus thread..... particularly when it's a sale thread...

Is this still available?

There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Manic Obsession"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Expobar Brewtus DB, Mazzer SJ, Sowden, V60, Aeropress and all sorts

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Currently enjoying LSOL

I always enjoy the odd Lazarus thread..... particularly when it's a sale thread...
Every once in a while it is!

Laissez les bons temps rouler

What the hell has happened to the forum layout??? 

Its now impossible to see what’s being discussed, added etc.

i can’t even see if I’m posting in the right thread.

why??? 

A machine, a grinder & some beans

20 minutes ago, Jacko112 said:

why??? 

We're working on an upgrade. All the old settings are being processed through and i'm returning the settings as best as I can.

• Thanks 1

Nice, I am sure it will be fine,.

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE

:)

46 minutes ago, Tait said:

We're working on an upgrade. All the old settings are being processed through and i'm returning the settings as best as I can.

Yikes! Good luck....

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / Monolith Titan Flat & Conical, MAX Flat on order  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / part-time LSOL participant / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely husband 

1 hour ago, Tait said:

WOW!!! Some shock this Sunday morn.

Lets wait & see what happens....just WOW again

Ron 

Please, please, please tell me this'll get better?

This is awful..... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Currently enjoying LSOL

11 minutes ago, Drewster said:

Please, please, please tell me this'll get better?

This is awful..... 

I’m hiding back under the duvet . . . Where has our wonderful forum gone?!

I am sure it will all work out in the end, I don’t envy Tait's job..........

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / Monolith Titan Flat & Conical, MAX Flat on order  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / part-time LSOL participant / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely husband 

2 minutes ago, MildredM said:

I’m hiding back under the duvet . . . Where has our wonderful forum gone?!

I am sure it will all work out in the end, I don’t envy Tait's job..........

I don't envy the reactions that @tait is likely to get.................

• Haha 1

Currently enjoying LSOL

2 hours ago, Jacko112 said:

why??? 

It’s not working with Tapatalk... At all.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Jacko112 said:

why??? 

We are re-organising the menu structure to make it more familiar. However, for now you can access active post discussions you're in here (see below image). 

image.png.4b29583cc8496fd8b3f1cd3577e84a93.png

10 minutes ago, Drewster said:

I don't envy the reactions that @tait is likely to get.................

Just so long as we don’t loose post counts, thanks/likes count, badges, profile pics, Tapatalk, ease of use . . . 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, MediumRoastSteam said:

It’s not working with Tapatalk... At all.

We are currently working on re-introducing the integration with Tapatalk. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nate said:

We are re-organising the menu structure to make it more familiar. However, for now you can access active post discussions you're in here (see below image). 

image.png.4b29583cc8496fd8b3f1cd3577e84a93.png

Please may we have our old forum back while you do that :)