Admin

What new features would you like to see on Coffee Forums UK?

Another suggestion for the Glenn and the Forum. Rather than repeat, I originally made the suggestion on the thread here: Discount Codes Thread

Sage Duo Temp Pro | Eureka Mignon Mk2 | Sage Knock Box | French Press | Ibrik | Airscape Canister | De Longhi ESAM 4200 B2C (dead after 4 years solid service)

The good guys: Seller Feedback thread would be nice to have.

We had trialled a rating system - but found it could be manipulated so scrapped it

What sort of controls would you want to see?

Any such thread needs to be carefully considered as they can be easily abused / manipulated

Home Barista Training - contact me to discuss your requirements

We had trialled a rating system - but found it could be manipulated so scrapped it

What sort of controls would you want to see?

Any such thread needs to be carefully considered as they can be easily abused / manipulated

I would have thought that one control could be linking the rating to the actual sales post.

Haven't really thought it through so it could be open to abuse, but one thought at least

Sage Duo Temp Pro | Eureka Mignon Mk2 | Sage Knock Box | French Press | Ibrik | Airscape Canister | De Longhi ESAM 4200 B2C (dead after 4 years solid service)

Is there any way I can "save" a thread without having to hunt back for it a few months down the line?

.......I mean of course not my threads.

cheers

Edited by nicholasj
forgot to say....

ACS Minima, Niche Zero and a VST 18g ridged basket.

Click on Thread Tools and 'Subscribe to this thread' to keep tabs on threads and revisit them

Edited by Glenn

I am thinking that it may be time for a refresh or expansion of forum smilies.

..... or are they called emoji's now ?? ....anyway there are a few that are somewhat larger/clearer in meaning for the more myopic among us that might be considered.

Perhaps members could suggest a few that might be useful here, or a style if that is preferred.

Based on the premise that a picture paints a thousand words. I just think it would be better if I could clearly see the difference between smile, wink and grin for example.

Video section - films on coffee, growing, roasting, extraction, science etc

keep calm and grind flat

A single click from the home page to read new forum posts please. Being forced to go via the "articles" page is irritating. I'm sure the odd one or two are interested in early bird tickets for the Stockholm latte art smack up, or whatever the latest headline is, but I am sure most would rather get straight into the forum.

My suggestion would be Street trading or carts

Given there is a differentiation in the equipment and requirements something along these lines could be useful, or a business section

I would like 'strikeout' / 'strikethrough' added to the text options... cos I like using it to show a line of reasoning that's no longer valid but important to the reply.

Subjectivity is a central philosophical concept, related to consciousness, agency, personhood, amount spent, reality and truth which has been defined by various sources.

Not the best way to report a problem maybe but a post earlier today in this thread:

https://coffeeforums.co.uk/showthread.php?31089-Amore-con-La-Pavoni/page18

is not showing. it is perhaps the next page in this thread which when I go to it gives me a blank page.

This is something I have not seem before. totally blank except the colours and the address bar showing completed download of page

Where is the reporting issues thread?

Not the best way to report a problem maybe but a post earlier today in this thread:

https://coffeeforums.co.uk/showthread.php?31089-Amore-con-La-Pavoni/page18

is not showing. it is perhaps the next page in this thread which when I go to it gives me a blank page.

This is something I have not seem before. totally blank except the colours and the address bar showing completed download of page

Where is the reporting issues thread?

I cant view the last page of that thread either.

All i get is the green coffee sack background

Looks like someone tried to place an exploit on the page which was picked up by the system and not served

Have sidelined the thread now and removed the user

A way to automatically jump to first unread when you click on a thread would be nice (instead of clicking on the button)

Mr LSOL - November offering here -> Clicky <-

A way to automatically jump to first unread when you click on a thread would be nice (instead of clicking on the button)

Yes please!

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / 1998 La Pavoni with NickNak single hole steam wand tip  / Monolith Titan Conical & MAX  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer /  gold B Plus stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / coffee bar towel logo embroiderer to the hoi polloi  / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely and understanding husband 

What like the "Go to first unread post" arrow thingy that you can click to take you to the first unread post (from the Forum display).......

or maybe the "View first unread" option arrow at the top of the post - if you have selected the "main" post directly already...

There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Manic Obsession"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Expobar Brewtus DB, Mazzer SJ, Sowden, V60, Aeropress and all sorts

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Currently enjoying LSOL

What like the "Go to first unread post" arrow thingy that you can click to take you to the first unread post (from the Forum display).......

or maybe the "View first unread" option arrow at the top of the post - if you have selected the "main" post directly already...

Yes, just like that but automatically :p

Works like that on other forums I use that are powered by VB

Mr LSOL - November offering here -> Clicky <-

Yes, just like that but automatically :p

Nope - You've still lost me.....

a) Click on "Goto 1st unread" button - takes you to the first post within the thread that you haven't read.... errrr "Automatically"

b) Click on "Just select the thread" button - takes you to the first page of the thread

b-1) Click on the "Goto 1st unread" - does what it says......

Even to "Automatically" do it you need to select/press something......

There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Manic Obsession"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Expobar Brewtus DB, Mazzer SJ, Sowden, V60, Aeropress and all sorts

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Currently enjoying LSOL

Yes, I would be really sad if Changes to the forum meant that Tapatalk no longer works.
I hope that's not on the cards. That would be a real deal breaker for me. I know Tapatalk itself can suck sometimes, usually when the bored devs decide to redo the UI just to be annoying, and break it in the process. I also know from other forums/fora that not all Admins like Tapatalk because somehow there's a cost involved, or plug-ins (?) and that also images uploaded via tapatalk remain on Tapatalk servers instead of the forum. But the fact remains that it's by far the easiest way to access the forum at home or on the move, with all the PM, thread subscription, notification, image hosting and 'go to unread' facilities. I'd probably only be on here once a week if it became incompatible with Tapatalk. (I'd probably get a lot more done too but that's another story haha!). I would really miss it - but I don't sit at a computer in the evenings, and if I'm working I'm with a client and probably using his computer.

Rocket R58Ceado E37SAeropressAerGrind • Puck Puck cold brew widget • VST 18g basket • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 convex black Ti/walnut tamper • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 flat sharp edge tamper • Big bag o' beans • Triumph Street Triple 675R

I hope that's not on the cards. That would be a real deal breaker for me. I know Tapatalk itself can suck sometimes, usually when the bored devs decide to redo the UI just to be annoying, and break it in the process. I also know from other forums/fora that not all Admins like Tapatalk because somehow there's a cost involved, or plug-ins (?) and that also images uploaded via tapatalk remain on Tapatalk servers instead of the forum. But the fact remains that it's by far the easiest way to access the forum at home or on the move, with all the PM, thread subscription, notification, image hosting and 'go to unread' facilities. I'd probably only be on here once a week if it became incompatible with Tapatalk. (I'd probably get a lot more done too but that's another story haha!). I would really miss it - but I don't sit at a computer in the evenings, and if I'm working I'm with a client and probably using his computer.
There's no plan to remove Tapatalk

Tapatalk has its flaws but we can live with them.

Yes, just like that but automatically

Please PM me a couple of forum examples and we can take a look

There are various settings we can tweak but need to check versions as there are different vbulletin platforms and plugin compatability issues.