Admin

What new features would you like to see on Coffee Forums UK?

To search the whole thread press Alt+F4

That's bizarre, I tried like 5 times and it just crashes the page?

Everything my heart could desire (more or less). . .

https://cupperjoe.com

How about the first one, did you try that?

In fact I'm familiar with both.

I did reorientate a few peoples screens when they didn't leave them locked.

I worked for a company where it was mandatory to lock your screen if you went away from your desk, so it was sort of trying to teach them to do that as well :-)

Talking of sub forums , what ever happened to the Isomac sub forum? It seemed to disappear when another sub forum was added.

:coffee:Marcus

Isomac Tea + Nuova Simonelli Mythos+ VST 18g + Torr Brass Goldfinger Tamper

[ Gaggia Coffee Deluxe + Gaggia MDF Grinder + Gaggia 'Gold' Classic + Motta Convexed Tamper ]

Is it possible to turn off the notification that I've liked something? If not I'd like to see that as an improvement. When I log on via the web it will say something under notifications like 3 new post like / thanks alerts and then some will be me liking things and I know I liked it, I was their when I did it so don't really need that in the feed - if others like it then the option to choose would be good?

Is it possible to turn off the notification that I've liked something? If not I'd like to see that as an improvement. When I log on via the web it will say something under notifications like 3 new post like / thanks alerts and then some will be me liking things and I know I liked it, I was their when I did it so don't really need that in the feed - if others like it then the option to choose would be good?

It should only show new likes on your posts - posts you have liked will appear in the list but you'll only get a notification is someone else has liked one of your posts

I suspect this might be a tapatalk bug?

Not a tapatalk issue as only shows when logged in via a web browser as jlarkin mentions. I know what he means as I've seen it plenty of times myself.

What I meant was, is it not caused by liking things when using the tapatalk app? There appears to be some miscommunication between tapatalk and v bulletin.

I have seen the same thing, but it is very intermittent. Sometimes when I like someone else's post I'll get a notification that I did, other times I wont.

Are you sure it's not just the order of the list? If someone likes your post, it'll trigger a notification, but if, before you get a chance to acknowledge it, you like someone else's post, then that will appear top of the list.

Just so we are all on the same page, we're talking about this right?

likes.jpg

Specifically the bottom three notifications. It seems to treat any likes I make in tapatalk as if they were made by another forum member. I'm guessing this is something to do with the way tapatalk sends this information to vbulletin?

BTW offtopic @jeebsy what's with the Morrissey pic? Is it a show of solidarity? Have you been groped at the airport?

The forum records likes given and likes received so i don't think that's an error, it just shows them all together. I don't get notification for the likes given, only received, but they will be all muddled up on the notification page

I don't always get notification for likes given, but sometimes I do that's why I mentioned it. I'll keep an eye on if it happens again.

One of the reasons I came across this forum was searching for coffee machine reviews.

There is a lot of advice on here and a search will yield lots of posts on specific machines but it strikes me that a section dedicated to reviews and forum member ratings of such machines would be useful.

It could be as basic as a specific sub-forum, with one thread for each machine (i.e. not multiple threads) where owners can then post their thoughts, review and */5 ratings

Sage Duo Temp Pro | Eureka Mignon Mk2 | Sage Knock Box | French Press | Ibrik | Airscape Canister | De Longhi ESAM 4200 B2C (dead after 4 years solid service)

There's a school of thought on the forum which says unless you have experience with a lot of machines, you're not really in a position to give an opinion on a particular machine's merits or drawbacks.

The user reviews on home barista are about the best i think.

There's a school of thought on the forum which says unless you have experience with a lot of machines, you're not really in a position to give an opinion on a particular machine's merits or drawbacks.

The user reviews on home barista are about the best i think.

I understand that statement well. Comparison views are not very valuable unless you have tried a few machines but I guess you can always express your view on how your current machine fares with reliability and in comparison to your expectations.

Thanks for the pointer to home barista, I will check that out

Sage Duo Temp Pro | Eureka Mignon Mk2 | Sage Knock Box | French Press | Ibrik | Airscape Canister | De Longhi ESAM 4200 B2C (dead after 4 years solid service)

I guess you can always express your view on how your current machine fares with reliability and in comparison to your expectations.

Absolutely.

Is there a section of new coffee bean varieties from high street stores etc? I know for some they are the worst of the worst, but for many they are a staple and frequented on occasion!

Machine: Londinium L1

Grinder: EK43LE

Beans: Baristrocracy Ethiopian

Instagram: andrewrellim

Is there a section of new coffee bean varieties from high street stores etc? I know for some they are the worst of the worst, but for many they are a staple and frequented on occasion!

It's waaaay easier to order on the interweb from a quality roaster.

Did someone say coffee?

:Gaggia Classic--> Nuova Simonelli Oscar--> fracino Cherub:Mazzer SuperJolly:Hario V60+aeropress+french press:

Agree with Missy, although if you are out a lot and are ordering more than will fit through a letterbox it can be a pain. Waitrose sometimes sell Union I am led to believe, and Union do some decent beans. Haven't come across anything remotely drinkable in Tesco or Sainsburys, or even M+S, and haven't really been in any other supermarkets.

Rocket R58Ceado E37SAeropressAerGrind • Puck Puck cold brew widget • VST 18g basket • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 convex black Ti/walnut tamper • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 flat sharp edge tamper • Big bag o' beans • Triumph Street Triple 675R

Oh yes I forget our postie will gladly leave our parcels in the woodshed. And I almost died of shock when we got a temporary one, who insisted I get both kids out of the car, and into the house in case I was just hanging about stealing parcels! Our usual guy would have popped it in for me and signed the thing.

Did someone say coffee?

:Gaggia Classic--> Nuova Simonelli Oscar--> fracino Cherub:Mazzer SuperJolly:Hario V60+aeropress+french press: