Admin

What new features would you like to see on Coffee Forums UK?

Ah, when you mentioned grinders. I think it would be better to merge at least a part of the machine specific sections into one called Espresso Machines and divide Grinders|Machines|Accessories accordingly. I think the grinders deserve a separate section at least. :)

PS Just my two cents.

EDIT: It looks like I'm blind because I didn't know the forum already had a grinder specific section.

Edited by bronc

@drude - I don't see it becoming much harder. After all the forum has a great search function. I mean just look at the number of threads in each of these sections. Rocket has 20, Alex Duetto 8, Expobar 19. I mean at least these three are redundant.

You're right that there isn't much content in there yet. The issue I've found with search is that when people list kit in signatures (which is a useful thing IMO) it distorts search results and makes it hard to find exactly what you want. Sometimes browsing is easier.

Londinium L1 | Compak E8

Perhaps look at adding tags to threads which can be searched against. If you look at the forums here: http://forums.bit-tech.net/forumdisplay.php?f=30 you'll see each thread has been preceded by the tag of what it relates to. If there was a set of tags for the various different manufacturers of machines it would aid searching if the forums were merged. Ofcourse it won't help for existing threads, but with a bit of effort to make sure each new thread gets tagged, it will probably make things easier going forward.

Each thread has tags enabled and these can be searched on

Most threads have tags assigned and I update tags with relevant keywords if not entered by the original poster

Home Barista Training - contact me to discuss your requirements

I find the forum a bit illogical at present with specific tabs for some manufactures, specific ones for the Duetto and Rancillio Silvia and then one for all lever machines. I have a Quickmill but there is no tab. There must be loads of members of the forum with machines that aren't listed.

Maybe it should be :-

Single boiler

Dual boiler

HX

Lever

After all machines in each of these categories are very similar to each other, hints and tips for a Gaggia may well apply to a Rancillio etc etc

Londinium 1, Pharos, Ceado e37s, Gene Cafe, Aerobie

Any votes for a Moka Pot sub-forum? But having suggested it I have to recognise that there is not a lot that can be discussed about Moka Pots. There are different brands as well as stove-top and electric. Probably the most active discussions would be the best coffee to use in them but that's already covered in the bean forum. But it's an old established method so deserves some sort of attention, I think.

Bialetti Moka Express; Clever Coffee Dripper; Vietnamese Phin drip filter; Hario Skerton burr hand grinder; Krups GVX2 burr grinder. R.I.P. Chemex gone to Save The Children charity shop.

Some great points raised.

I like the separation suggested of;

Single boiler

Dual boiler

HX

Lever

I might implement some of these

Hi there. Not long joined. Good and informative site.

Could I suggest an Automated Bean to Cup section? (Preferably commercial orientated)

Like it or loathe it that part of the industry is growing quickly.

Cheers.

I don't see the point of offering coffee from B2C machines in the commercial sector. I can understand some people who just don't like the "hassle" of preparing a good cup of coffee. However, using a B2C machine in the commercial settings adds no value whatsoever for the customers.

Perhaps your take on commercial isn't like mine. I was referring to convenience stores etc where it adds footfall and encourages up selling. Believe me it is working. Thanks for the your thoughts though.

Perhaps your take on commercial isn't like mine. I was referring to convenience stores etc where it adds footfall and encourages up selling. Believe me it is working. Thanks for the your thoughts though.

It my drive footfall but the forum is about making the best coffee with the resources each person has, not about pumping out machine made stale coffee as a business driver for a few extra pennies . The coffee that comes out of those machine is a million miles away from what I would buy.

The forum tried at advocate and educate fresh made coffee with great taste , so yes I loathe it .

I write a blog, it's nothing to do with coffee ...

https://rjwinc.wordpress.com

Instagram - rjw_inc

Hi there. Not long joined. Good and informative site.

Could I suggest an Automated Bean to Cup section? (Preferably commercial orientated)

Like it or loathe it that part of the industry is growing quickly.

Cheers.

Notice this is your first post and going by your name do you by any chance sell these machines? You'll not find much interest in them here as you may have noticed. If I'm wrong, sorry and welcome to the forum. Might be nice to introduce yourself in the introductions section.

Gaggia classic (OPV, steam wand and auber PID), HG one, hausgrind walnut, rattleware handle free, bottomless pf, 15g, 18g and 20g vst, torr goldfinger, 3 cup chemex, 8 cup chemex, 3 cup siphon, ceramic v60-01, kalita wave 155 and an aeropress.

Couple of points. No I don't sell them and it isn't stale coffee. A seemingly through away comment lacking an in depth knowledge of this particular sector of machines.

Seemed like a nice site but judging by those comments not a particular welcoming one.

Won't be back sadly.

It is a nice site, usually people put something up about themselves first, e.g what their experience is and what they want to learn or what knowledge they might want to give to the forum, what equipment they have and what experience etc.

AKA Toffee chips

Whether we should have a thread on bean 2 cup machines for spa owners........ Clearly I need more coffee to cheer me up today .

I apologise if I was blunt and rude but , even if they drive footfall and money , I don't think a thread on bean2cup for shop owners would get the responses that would help them. Again perhaps I am wrong , it happens all the time :)

Edited by Mrboots2u

Instagram - rjw_inc

Couple of points. No I don't sell them and it isn't stale coffee. A seemingly through away comment lacking an in depth knowledge of this particular sector of machines.

Seemed like a nice site but judging by those comments not a particular welcoming one.

Won't be back sadly.

I would like to apologise. Need a few more coffees before posting. This place is really friendly. Pop over to the introductions thread and tell us a bit about yourself and your set up.

Gaggia classic (OPV, steam wand and auber PID), HG one, hausgrind walnut, rattleware handle free, bottomless pf, 15g, 18g and 20g vst, torr goldfinger, 3 cup chemex, 8 cup chemex, 3 cup siphon, ceramic v60-01, kalita wave 155 and an aeropress.

And to be honest what's their to discuss about B2C machines? You can read the features they have on the website of the manufacturer but that's pretty much all you need since the machine does everything on its own.

am up to my photo limit again...any way to extend this beyond the current capacity as seems a shame to delete photos on old posts to make more room.

Mazzer Super Jolly

Aeropress

Gene Cafe Currently Roasting : Costa Rica Tarrazu

I can increase both photo and mailbox limits and will look into these later this evening

Site supporters will have higher limits as their donations help to support the growing costs of hosting

It may be a bit of a big task but it would be great to see a feedback system like that in place as AVForums. The for-sale section seems to be growing pretty fast, and before long it is going to start attracting the less desirable parts of the web. Some concrete rules (again with AVForums being a good example) for the section may help aswell?

It may be a bit of a big task but it would be great to see a feedback system like that in place as AVForums. The for-sale section seems to be growing pretty fast, and before long it is going to start attracting the less desirable parts of the web. Some concrete rules (again with AVForums being a good example) for the section may help aswell?

There was a new or revised set of guidelines for selling issued not so long ago ( last 6 weeks )

Instagram - rjw_inc

I have looked at itrader in the past as a way of showing good and bad feedback

The new rules are being enforced

If the sections grow further I may need to formalise it, but want to try and keep it free, or donation

The more overhead required, the more costly it becomes, which I am keen to avoid

We have a minimum post requirement now too which should help.

I can increase both photo and mailbox limits and will look into these later this evening

Site supporters will have higher limits as their donations help to support the growing costs of hosting

Did you get a chance to look at this glenn?

Mazzer Super Jolly

Aeropress

Gene Cafe Currently Roasting : Costa Rica Tarrazu

Any chance of lifting the limits on private messages? I'm really struggling to get the cup deal organised having to wait 5 mins between messages!