Admin

What new features would you like to see on Coffee Forums UK?

6 minutes ago, johnealey said:

@Tait Couple of mornings now have noticed the forum entering a forum indexing state between 08:30 and 9 which then locks you out of reading anything new on the forum which is a PITA for those trying to catch a quick read before the work day starts.

John

I also get this! I think it happened during daytime yesterday also...

Vesuvius • Hario VST-2000B • Distributor • Push Tamper • Niche Grinder

@johnealey and @Les996 can you let me know if it happens today?

Yesterday I was fixing the issue from upgrading which caused new posts feed to bug out.

I may have missed this, and i promise i did take a long look through here to see if i was being daft, but i liked the older "new posts" style, where you could see what threads had been added to - now all i see is every new post, which in the case of the latest "busy little men" thread meant 3 pages of updated photographs... They're all great photos, but is there a way to bunch these together that I'm missing?

V60, chemex, clever dripper, Moka pot... and a grinder not quite good enough to get the best out of any of them...

if you’re bored, there’s always the YouTube channel: YouTube.com/c/littletipple

I may have missed this, and i promise i did take a long look through here to see if i was being daft, but i liked the older "new posts" style, where you could see what threads had been added to - now all i see is every new post, which in the case of the latest "busy little men" thread meant 3 pages of updated photographs... They're all great photos, but is there a way to bunch these together that I'm missing?

Yes, really sorry everyone about my Busy Little Men pics. I had no idea that they would all appear individually when I made an album for them. Sorry
  • Like 1

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / 1998 La Pavoni / Monolith Titan Flat & Conical, MAX Flat on order  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely husband 

10 minutes ago, MildredM said:

Yes, really sorry everyone about my Busy Little Men pics. I had no idea that they would all appear individually when I made an album for them. Sorry emoji58.png

I quite enjoyed it 👍😇

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I enjoyed it too, i promise, was just wondering. feel bad that it sounded like I was complaining now...

• Like 2

V60, chemex, clever dripper, Moka pot... and a grinder not quite good enough to get the best out of any of them...

if you’re bored, there’s always the YouTube channel: YouTube.com/c/littletipple

4 minutes ago, Little_tipple said:

I enjoyed it too, i promise, was just wondering. feel bad that it sounded like I was complaining now...

Nooooo! I didn’t see it as complaining!!! I was just so embarrassed at my stream of photos 😟

• Haha 1

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / 1998 La Pavoni / Monolith Titan Flat & Conical, MAX Flat on order  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely husband 

10 hours ago, Tait said:

@johnealey and @Les996 can you let me know if it happens today?

Yesterday I was fixing the issue from upgrading which caused new posts feed to bug out.

Hi @Tait No issues this morning  :)

John

Roasters: BB Dalian Amazon 1kg -Power contolled GeneCafe 101- 113Kg of greens - Tonino

Espresso: Londinium L2 - Gaggia G105 - Silvia v3 Mr.Shades PID'-d - Faema E92a2 (Project) - MyPressi Twist - VST baskets / Motta Europa (350/500/750ml) - Torr Ti 58.55 & Goldfinger flat 58.4 TiBlack, Pullman 51.4 - Acaia x2

Grinders: Flats: Compak R120 - NS Mythos plus Conics: Compak K10PB - Lido 3

Brewed: Behmor Brazen - Moccamaster KBGT471 - Aeropress - V60 - Cona model D - Clever - Mizudashi - 8-10 + 6 cup Chemex

Water: BWT Bestmax V Refrac: VST III

and a Puq Press not in a pear tree..

5 minutes ago, Little_tipple said:

No don’t feel bad by the third page it was getting a bit only a tiny bit ..🤯🤯🤯🤯..🤣🤣

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Nicknak said:

No don’t feel bad by the third page it was getting a bit only a tiny bit ..🤯🤯🤯🤯..🤣🤣

I was sick to death of the flipping photos 🤢🤢🤢

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MildredM said:

I was sick to death of the flipping photos 🤢🤢🤢

I did say put them in a book 🤔 Then those of us that like them could look at them at our leisure 😬

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, MildredM said:

Nooooo! I didn’t see it as complaining!!! I was just so embarrassed at my stream of photos 😟

I didn't see any embarrassing photos, so i think you're safe.  🐱

Edited by Agentb
  • Haha 1

I'm not right bothered about embarrassing photo's .. but Hey Ho .. whatever turns you on 😚.

How do I alter my profile as regards my equipment AND WHY is the detail in such a small font size ?.

Jon.

One Life this is it, it's not a rehearsal so enjoy it best you can - Have some fun, buy a coffee machine.;)

ECM Synchronika - ECM V-Titan 64 Grinder - EXPOBAR MEGGACREM 2 Group - MAZZER Super Jolly grinder with doser -  AMIR Scales and they work fine - 15-18-20-22-25g VST Filter Baskets - Several MOTTA Jugs and a Home Made Knock Box. - Useful contributions from the Family.

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, xpresso said:

I'm not right bothered about embarrassing photo's .. but Hey Ho .. whatever turns you on 😚.

How do I alter my profile as regards my equipment AND WHY is the detail in such a small font size ?.

Jon.

Burger menu (top right 3 horizontal lines)

Then account you’ll be met with this:

478CD42D-AA59-4703-B4EC-0E9ED6F4041D.thumb.jpeg.36a2f896ac2f246b6090b14fa2b68e00.jpeg

Then click account settings, then you’ll bet met with this... then click signature

A8431901-B07D-4475-A82F-EC910F1B02D3.thumb.jpeg.d8e00aa304fe995bc0e052f1efb1e5d1.jpeg 

Edited by igm45
  • Like 1

Ve ve suvivius.... /E37s/ Eazytamp / tupperware pot / completely healthy relationship with coffee (and bank manager).

11 hours ago, igm45 said:

478CD42D-AA59-4703-B4EC-0E9ED6F4041D.thumb.jpeg.36a2f896ac2f246b6090b14fa2b68e00.jpeg

Then click account settings, then you’ll bet met with this... then click signature

A8431901-B07D-4475-A82F-EC910F1B02D3.thumb.jpeg.d8e00aa304fe995bc0e052f1efb1e5d1.jpeg 

@Tait

OK Thanks for the instructions IGM,  checked your response on my phone (Not Tappatalk) and had no problem finding my way to altering my equipment list.

BUT I don't have that same option on my laptop and try every which way and when, I cannot get to it,  I can alter everything else but not the equipment section.

Also why is that detail in such small font ?.

Jon.

One Life this is it, it's not a rehearsal so enjoy it best you can - Have some fun, buy a coffee machine.;)

ECM Synchronika - ECM V-Titan 64 Grinder - EXPOBAR MEGGACREM 2 Group - MAZZER Super Jolly grinder with doser -  AMIR Scales and they work fine - 15-18-20-22-25g VST Filter Baskets - Several MOTTA Jugs and a Home Made Knock Box. - Useful contributions from the Family.

On 24/06/2019 at 22:00, igm45 said:

@Tait

Why am I unable to access the suggested procedure above on my laptop but can on my phone (Not Tappatalk) ?.

I cannot edit my equipment profile,  but can get to everything else.

Jon

@xpresso try clicking on your username top right, do you then get the following drop down menu?

if so account choose account settings and go from there

96EC7537-E218-49E9-9E59-8B320A7F2CAF.thumb.jpeg.53de63647168873b980ca32c1e6a8ed3.jpeg

• Like 1

Ve ve suvivius.... /E37s/ Eazytamp / tupperware pot / completely healthy relationship with coffee (and bank manager).

Well Well Well,  problem solved,  in a way,  up and until now I had my 'THEME' on the darker hessian setting,  so everything you were suggesting noway related to what I was faced with on my laptop screen,  my username was on the L/H side and no way whatever route I took could I access changing my signature.

I am now on the lighter theme (Which I very much dislike) and everything appears as you describe .....  so over to you   @Tait   

Thanks for your staying power   @igm45    but under what I was presented with and what you had we could have gone for years 🤣🤣🤣

So ..... I'd appreciate my darker theme back,  but with the editable facility. 

Jon

Now you've changed it in "Light"..... does it persist in "Dark"?

There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Manic Obsession"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Expobar Brewtus DB, Mazzer SJ, Sowden, V60, Aeropress and all sorts

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Currently enjoying LSOL

Bear with me ... why the bloomin heck should changing the background play havoc 🤔.

Jon.

You can change back to Dark Theme down at the bottom ;)

E8D52AFB-2D3B-4806-BC26-22EF3AB8AAFE.jpeg

Posted (edited)

On Dark Roast Theme:

Name, Account settings, Signature.

F40D3502-094B-4494-9B35-A8E4C423D53E.jpeg

93C1F738-883B-4E5F-A12B-76A39A030D88.jpeg

B848CCBE-CBA8-487B-BE40-49A43179FE2F.png

Edited by MildredM

And back to Light Roast from Dark Roast it’s bottom left!!

00CDF355-9B99-4E19-ADBB-6010438A556F.jpeg

I am preferring Light Roast but PLEASE can we have some gentle/light colour shading so the whole page isn’t white PLEASE @Tait

Very curious,  change to the light theme and my username comes up at the R/H side and I am able to alter my signature,  changed  back to a darker theme,  user name left side and now I can edit my signature,  this was not an option previously on my laptop but was on my (Non Tappatalk) phone.

Very strange .....

Jon.

• Haha 1