Admin

What new features would you like to see on Coffee Forums UK?

1 minute ago, Tait said:

Edit time had been updated to 1 minute instead of 5. @DavecUK

Shouldn't it be for longer @Tait ? An hour?

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / 1998 La Pavoni with NickNak single hole steam wand tip  / Monolith Titan Conical & MAX  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer /  gold B Plus stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / coffee bar towel logo embroiderer to the hoi polloi  / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely and understanding husband 

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Tait said:

Edit time had been updated to 1 minute instead of 5. @DavecUK

Either get rid of edit time by making it 0 (which probably disables it or make it a big number like 1500 minutes please.....I've obviously been unclear before

Edited by DavecUK
  • Thanks 1

My reviews at http://coffeestuff.byethost12.com/ (now ad free)  Various Machines and grinders, Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster: My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/ (old site)

Ok! Can you guys try now...
The double icon should mean it's grouped or had multiple posts in that thread
0BC309B8-E99E-4FC8-8640-9521FE370436.thumb.png.252fe2544926c6521ffdbe04ad994f2e.png
F3C8F608-A204-42AE-83AF-752E43D3D502.thumb.png.f4aac0bc6581bc800bf726c7a4fed8ca.png

YES
Works perfectly on Tapatalk too
  • Like 1

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / 1998 La Pavoni with NickNak single hole steam wand tip  / Monolith Titan Conical & MAX  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer /  gold B Plus stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / coffee bar towel logo embroiderer to the hoi polloi  / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely and understanding husband 

Nowadays, I come on see all the duplicates in new posts, quickly glance down the list in case anything catches my eye, realise the forum has too many areas and wish I could ignore threads I don't want to see. I think about the load more activity button for anything that's been pushed off the 1st page screen by all the dupes and stuff i'm not interested in and then fix the problem with this. It cleans things up nicely until the next time I come on. As this goes on I actually start marking the site all read faster and faster....simply because it's easy. Pretty much the only way I see anything now is if someone name tags me.
image.png.40371a1914ec552b8f87f2f1eb684f26.png
It's having the same effect on me that spam mail does.... Interestingly the mark everything read function is something I never looked for before as I never felt the need to use it.
^^^^^
As@DavecUK mentioned in this post I also would be extremely pleased if there was an ignore option for threads I didn't want to or wasn't interested in following. There seem far to many non coffee related threads these days which just P me off and I like Dave would like an option to pick and choose which I read. So@Tait what's the chances?

It doesn't matter how you get there it's only the end result that matters

43 minutes ago, DavecUK said:

Either get rid of edit time by making it 0 (which probably disables it or make it a big number like 1500 minutes please.....I've obviously been unclear before

Sorry when you mentioned 0 I assumed you mean no edit time. I've updated it for now so that Active members have 180 minutes to edit their post and regular members have 15 mins.

• Like 1

Very good@Tait

That just leaves the small matter of . . .

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

One hell of a tactic that..... some sort of Psychological manipulation going on I reckon  :classic_ohmy:

Well...... Make the forum so dire to use that, once fixed everything seems wonderful :p 33ytjiv.jpg

Had to buy a new mouse though...... scroll wheel broke on the last one

Soooo Glad you got it fixed @Tait

A little aside:

Went back to a Thread of mine on a computer forum and found posts still edit just fine 11 years later

• Like 3

Is it just me or is anyone else missing the grumbling and the multi posts 😂😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)

Do you remember when you could mouse over someone's name without getting the screen half covered with details I used to have to click to see

Aye, them were the days

EDIT: Then there was the time you wanted to like or thank and it was there on screen not hidden under an Icon, which bears no relation to either. Why do we need extra levels of menu to find what we need?

Now then @MildredM you did that on purpose..... You got me started again and I was trying to be so good:classic_tongue:

Edited by grumpydaddy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, MildredM said:

Mildred you are a bad bad girl 😂😂😂😂

• Like 1

Is it just me or is anyone else missing the grumbling and the multi posts

I still see some on Tapatalk

...and I get no update for any subscribed forums.

Is it the idea that this should all work flawlessly with Tapatalk at some point, or do I have to bail now?

2000 - Krups Vivo + Whittard hand grinder

2010 - Gaggia Classic + Iberital MC2

2017 - ECM Mechanika IV Profi + Niche Zero

Aeropress / V60 / Puck Puck / Cafetière / Moka Pot / Ibrik (كـَنـَكـَة) / Lido E

It's duly noted the optional font size was soon side lined .

Jon.

One Life this is it, it's not a rehearsal so enjoy it best you can - Have some fun, buy a coffee machine.;)

ECM Synchronika - ECM V-Titan 64 Grinder - EXPOBAR MEGGACREM 2 Group - MAZZER Super Jolly grinder with doser -  AMIR Scales and they work fine - 15-18-20-22-25g VST Filter Baskets - Several MOTTA Jugs and a Home Made Knock Box. - Useful contributions from the Family.

5 minutes ago, richwade80 said:

I still see some on Tapatalk

...and I get no update for any subscribed forums.

Is it the idea that this should all work flawlessly with Tapatalk at some point, or do I have to bail now?

I e asked around and it seems to be working ok with TT now. Not sure if it’s worth closing / opening TT?

59 minutes ago, MildredM said:

Multiposts you can multispray on so they are useful, grumbling  not so useful, i can hiss a bit if that helps? Meoow... 🐱

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, MildredM said:

Maybe, just maybe, those that have been grumbling have given up and can’t be bothered to post.

but who cares anyway 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I know you don't care...but

I'm not grumbling so much because one of the major problems turning me away has been fixed....a few other things to go, but the multiple new posts in the same topic really made things difficult...the rest of it...not so much. There is also the good things as well around insertion of images and video. I also have the black on white/grey theme back...thank god, the darker theme had me rubbing my eyes.

• Like 1

My reviews at http://coffeestuff.byethost12.com/ (now ad free)  Various Machines and grinders, Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster: My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/ (old site)

A next size up font would do me and why is the print detail at the bottom of each members profile so small ?,  either remove it or make it legible.

Jon.

• Like 1

One Life this is it, it's not a rehearsal so enjoy it best you can - Have some fun, buy a coffee machine.;)

ECM Synchronika - ECM V-Titan 64 Grinder - EXPOBAR MEGGACREM 2 Group - MAZZER Super Jolly grinder with doser -  AMIR Scales and they work fine - 15-18-20-22-25g VST Filter Baskets - Several MOTTA Jugs and a Home Made Knock Box. - Useful contributions from the Family.

2 minutes ago, xpresso said:

A next size up font would do me and why is the print detail at the bottom of each members profile so small ?,  either remove it or make it legible.

Jon.

@Tait 

1 hour ago, DavecUK said:

I know you don't care...but

I'm not grumbling so much because one of the major problems turning me away has been fixed....a few other things to go, but the multiple new posts in the same topic really made things difficult...the rest of it...not so much. There is also the good things as well around insertion of images and video. I also have the black on white/grey theme back...thank god, the darker theme had me rubbing my eyes.

It's the UK cat forum now CF UK.   I noticed some dogs too, but they seem friendly but i'm watching them... 🐱

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Um . . . It’s about the badges now. It seems some of us have been festooned with a surfeit of unexpected, though richly deserved, accolades in the forum of shiny, multi-coloured, forum badges. Some members may see fit to grumble because they have yet to be singled out for such prestigious adornments. Tough. You get what you deserve in this life, I have found. 

24EB3DEE-E914-45A4-930B-43A9D7BDAD5E.jpeg

Edited by MildredM
  • Haha 1

This would be an accessibility thing. I can perhaps add something which scaled the forum up. Ctrl and Plus should zoom too if it helps.
  • Like 1

Um . . . It’s about the badges now. It seems some of us have been festooned with a surfeit of unexpected, though richly deserved, accolades in the forum of shiny, multi-coloured, forum badges. Some members may see fit to grumble because they have yet to be singled out for such prestigious adornments. Tough. You get what you deserve in this life, I have found. 

24EB3DEE-E914-45A4-930B-43A9D7BDAD5E.thumb.jpeg.773cf535b61a82dcb3f864fa697ff079.jpeg

What was the issue@MildredM?

1 minute ago, Tait said:

What was the issue@MildredM?

I think  @Nicknak may be somewhat lacking. His badges. 

• Haha 1

Years ago I remember my daughter coming home from a party crying. Her brother James had got a medal (nice shiny gold plastic one), and she didn't. She was inconsolable for months.... that bloody medal I even went and got her one from Tesco....gave it to her and she burst out crying again and said " I want James medal" ;)

• Haha 1

Well @Nicknak is not having MY badges 😳

• Haha 1