Admin

What new features would you like to see on Coffee Forums UK?

In Premium Roast:

AEEA0AF3-92C6-4B5C-9D0B-BCE6409AEF73.jpeg

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / 1998 La Pavoni with NickNak single hole steam wand tip  / Monolith Titan Conical & MAX  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer /  gold B Plus stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / coffee bar towel logo embroiderer to the hoi polloi  / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely and understanding husband 

1 minute ago, Drewster said:

Top of the screen... menu options along the top....

Well in "Dark" mode anyway..... Gawd knows if it's on all themes!!

Do you mean 'online users'? I was hoping that it would be more obvious than having to go check.  Wasn't there a little green dot by the users name on the left hand side of the post before the forum change?

Lelit Bianca/Mazzer Major/Several odd cups, one milk jug and a yen to do good latte art/ Four horses/four cats/3 dogs/7 chickens. :o

Sorry yep - I meant Online Users....
There is also a list/section at the bottom of the main Forum page.... (I think there used to be in the old format as well)...

Green dot next to name/avatar within posts....... Doesn't look like it (I hadn't noticed but now you mention it - I did used to notice that bit)

There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Manic Obsession"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Expobar Brewtus DB, Mazzer SJ, Sowden, V60, Aeropress and all sorts

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Currently enjoying LSOL

18 minutes ago, Obidi said:

Do you mean 'online users'? I was hoping that it would be more obvious than having to go check.  Wasn't there a little green dot by the users name on the left hand side of the post before the forum change?

I hadn’t ever seen that! 

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / 1998 La Pavoni with NickNak single hole steam wand tip  / Monolith Titan Conical & MAX  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer /  gold B Plus stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / coffee bar towel logo embroiderer to the hoi polloi  / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely and understanding husband 

Hover on members avatar and there will or won't be a green 'On-line' indicator...........

IMG_1373.thumb.JPG.f4d66c02894e3c551bb97d542d989689.JPG

Londinium - R, Monolith MC3, Two Jugs, One TempTag, Nine Assorted And Much Sought After MildredM Bar Towels

1 minute ago, Snakehips said:

Hover on members avatar and there will or won't be a green 'On-line' indicator...........

Thank you 🙂

Lelit Bianca/Mazzer Major/Several odd cups, one milk jug and a yen to do good latte art/ Four horses/four cats/3 dogs/7 chickens. :o

7 minutes ago, Snakehips said:

How do I hover on an iPad 😋

Looks like you’ve been put  out to grass on that there header, Snake 😁 

@MildredM

12 hours ago, MildredM said:

How do I hover on an iPad 😋

Using your broomstick I would imagine? :)

12 hours ago, MildredM said:

Looks like you’ve been put  out to grass on that there header, Snake 😁 

Yep... that's me... a snake in the grass. :)

• Haha 1

Londinium - R, Monolith MC3, Two Jugs, One TempTag, Nine Assorted And Much Sought After MildredM Bar Towels

Personally i would like to have the option to change the background image to plain white.

I feel the textured background and pictures to be a distraction.

Slayer One Group ; Versalab M3/4

2 minutes ago, EricC said:

Personally i would like to have the option to change the background image to plain white.

I feel the textured background and pictures to be a distraction.

Yep, brown on brown on brown is slightly difficult to quickly read trough things.

Font size for me,  its to small,  yes you can alter the size when responding or posting,  but do a couple of back spacing and you have to reset to a favoured size font.

Was there a problem with the original skins and colours,  now it seems to be at odds.

Jon.

One Life this is it, it's not a rehearsal so enjoy it best you can - Have some fun, buy a coffee machine.;)

ECM Synchronika - ECM V-Titan 64 Grinder - EXPOBAR MEGGACREM 2 Group - MAZZER Super Jolly grinder with doser -  AMIR Scales and they work fine - 15-18-20-22-25g VST Filter Baskets - Several MOTTA Jugs and a Home Made Knock Box. - Useful contributions from the Family.

@TaitWe now seem to have 3 backgrounds to choose from. None are plain and simple or light or dark and, as all seem to have some requirement to be coffee related, may I propose a coffee related background that really is dark to fit the dark skin.

From the post above there seems also to be something needed by those preferring a light theme.

Why does it have to be other than plain?

Anyway this is my desktop background:

coffee-beans-20671-1920x1200.jpg

EDIT: For those that are wondering why I keep harping on about this, it is because If we are to treat this as an opportunity to create something fresh then lets take onboard the idea that those who get eyestrain and those that get unnecessarily distracted need to be catered for too.

• Like 2

Because I said I liked a bit of hessian 😂 so blame me 😂 

You can please some of the people.....

1 minute ago, MildredM said:

:) Maybe a bar towel would be better

John

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

In Use Sage DB+IMS Shower Screen, Niche. Others Sage BE, Mazer Mini A,. Projects Little Gem, Gaggia M7D

SageBanner_v01.jpg.a45786743a4eb401969788b45ae7f893.jpg

1 minute ago, MildredM said:

Don't worry - we do!

• Haha 1

There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Manic Obsession"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Expobar Brewtus DB, Mazzer SJ, Sowden, V60, Aeropress and all sorts

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Currently enjoying LSOL

5 minutes ago, MildredM said:

Sack her!

• Haha 1

Just by the way at ~7pm today the site was not responding for about 5 mins and for a short while thereafter once it came back I could not post. I am guessing it was being worked on but if not a quick look at the logs is in order.

2 minutes ago, grumpydaddy said:

Just by the way at ~7pm today the site was not responding for about 5 mins and for a short while thereafter once it came back I could not post. I am guessing it was being worked on but if not a quick look at the logs is in order.

‘‘Twas me putting a hex on your browser from here in my sack 😂 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, ajohn said:

:) Maybe a bar towel would be better

John

Now you are making perfect sense 😋

Possibly 'Barking' up the wrong tree.

Jon.

• Haha 1

One Life this is it, it's not a rehearsal so enjoy it best you can - Have some fun, buy a coffee machine.;)

ECM Synchronika - ECM V-Titan 64 Grinder - EXPOBAR MEGGACREM 2 Group - MAZZER Super Jolly grinder with doser -  AMIR Scales and they work fine - 15-18-20-22-25g VST Filter Baskets - Several MOTTA Jugs and a Home Made Knock Box. - Useful contributions from the Family.

1 hour ago, grumpydaddy said:

Thanks, I clocked it. Redis fell over but I think it's because the IPS guys are working on recovering the things that didn't convert earlier. Turned Redis off for now and storing sessions in file system for now.

@Tait

ive no desire to be informed of the device everyone is using.

this was removed from view in the previous forum and now it’s back.

sent from my magic carpet using telepathy 

D817A601-C49F-4EFE-8B9C-A31EA0286293.jpeg

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Jumbo Ratty said:

@Tait

ive no desire to be informed of the device everyone is using.

this was removed from view in the previous forum and now it’s back.

sent from my magic carpet using telepathy 

D817A601-C49F-4EFE-8B9C-A31EA0286293.jpeg

Is it in TT settings? Hide signature? Just a thought :)

34 minutes ago, Jumbo Ratty said:

sent from my magic carpet using telepath

haha absolute legend Jumbo

• Thanks 1

keep calm and grind flat