Admin

What new features would you like to see on Coffee Forums UK?

i notice there are quite a few video's within certain threads not sure if your aware but there is a mod where you van create a video section which will add a link to the main tab bar and it takes you direct to the video section

members can post up there own video's or anything they find on you tube type sites

i have the mod running on my site although i am using the older vb board if its of interest let me no glenn and i will give you access to have a look at it

i have quite a few plugins i use which may work well like the atakan marquee text which is basically a scrolling ticker which is superb for newsflashes and stuff

another good plugin is 1 that sections the sticky's as if a sub forum within the forum

i'm sure your aware there are lots available though

Thanks for the video suggestion

We will look into that later in the year as we increase server space and bandwidth.

We polled the members a wee while back about scrolling marquees and the results were negative - so we have not implemented this feature

We try to keep the advertising subtle to remain effective.

There may be a new banner position coming shortly - a vertical banner

This will help offset the growing costs of running the service and will enable features such as a videos section to be enabled.

Home Barista Training - contact me to discuss your requirements

Hi Glenn,

Just a thought, to save cost and bandwidth utilization and leave the streaming services to the ones that know how to do it effectively, how about setting up a YouTube channel instead? That way videos will be available on a multitude of platforms, more importantly, save money going forward and saving bandwidth to keep the forum at full speed :)

I don't mind looking into it, used to this stuff in my job as a network/server engineer ;) lol

Gareth

Espresso: Gaggia Classic w/steam wand mod | Iberital MC2 | Bottomeless Portafilter | Motta 58mm Tamper (Flat)

Other brews: Cuisinart DBM8U Burr Grinder | Porlex Hand Grinder | 2 x AeroPress | 1 Cup Ceramic Drip

Tea/Cascara brews: Hario CHJK-45 Pot | Bodum Assam 1L Pot

Sometimes you just have to learn the hard way!

Brilliant idea! - Onto it now :)

Brilliant idea! - Onto it now :)

Glad to be of help! I'm better at technical stuff than coffee unfortunately at the moment! Lol

Espresso: Gaggia Classic w/steam wand mod | Iberital MC2 | Bottomeless Portafilter | Motta 58mm Tamper (Flat)

Other brews: Cuisinart DBM8U Burr Grinder | Porlex Hand Grinder | 2 x AeroPress | 1 Cup Ceramic Drip

Tea/Cascara brews: Hario CHJK-45 Pot | Bodum Assam 1L Pot

Sometimes you just have to learn the hard way!

Asker to find 'special offers' section for members - allow retailers to offer discounts/special offers to members.

Could make the section only visible once signed in

I get easily confused :)

I've seen on a few other forums that the person who starts a thread can have some text in the profile box to highlight this and wondered if it could be looked at for this site? Sample pic below.

Thread.jpg

Al

Gaggia Classic | Iberital MC2 | Bottomless Portafilter

I have a link to coffeeforum on my bookmark bar. There used to be a little coffee bean as the image but now it's just a kind of V. I like it when they stand out with their own image. This seemed to change when we did the upgrade :(

Rocket Appartamento | Mahlkonig Vario | 58mm Rocket tamper | AeroPress | VST 18g basket | HappyDonkey Bottomless PortaFilter

Naked go go dancers, failing that a way to change my user name??

Quick mill Verona, Eureka Mignon, 17 & 21gLM VST plus other stuff, even get a half decent coffee out of it sometimes :D

I have a link to coffeeforum on my bookmark bar. There used to be a little coffee bean as the image but now it's just a kind of V. I like it when they stand out with their own image. This seemed to change when we did the upgrade :(

Same here. The favicon is the default vBulletin one and not plush bespoke coffee forums one. It's always been this way for me, but then I am new around these parts.

Here's how it looks now:

c_f_favicon_1.jpg

Here's an amateur mock up (don't have the original):

c_f_favicon_2.jpg

Chatroom to discuss all things coffee, I think it would be used well, the forums work great but I so think a chat would be good, I know I'm posting a lot but I am stuck in bed sorry :(

Lots of brewing equipment</A>

A few people have mentioned chat. I agree it would be cool to connect in a real-time way. Rather than build it into the forum tho, Google+ has some good ways to do this. Can even do video hangouts as well as just text chat, I believe, altho havent been on for a little while.

A few people have mentioned chat. I agree it would be cool to connect in a real-time way. Rather than build it into the forum tho, Google+ has some good ways to do this. Can even do video hangouts as well as just text chat, I believe, altho havent been on for a little while.

could you PM me your google details and I can add you? could make a start, if we start one up and am sure stumble across some others while we're at it,

Lots of brewing equipment</A>

Link to my Google+ profile is (I think) https://plus.google.com/u/0/110445084359736147856

Already have a few guys from coffeeville in my circle. If you don't have Mark Prince, he's a good one and posts some interesting stuff on there that he often doesn't post on, say, twitter.

Hi Glen

i dont know if this a possibility/feaseable with the vbulletin based forum? but have been thinking that as MikeH and a few others have suggested a sticky for answering a lot of newbies questions, another element of the same issue is people wanting to know what people think of certain machines, and CoffeeGeeks Review pages only cover equipment available in the US, so could we have a review section? it would give people an opportunity to give their view on Equipment, i know we have it sort of for retailers.

But i am thinking of a data base stye list similar to the Coffeegeek model.

Some of the manufactures could use it as a feedback forum for their machines, they could see where issues lay from a users perspective and maybe even improve them using that input = boiler light on the Piccino, water Level on the Expobar and amy other little gripes that stop good machines being great.

i know this would be a lot of work so can understand if your not entirely enamoured with the idea :)

Edited by RobD

Quick mill Verona, Eureka Mignon, 17 & 21gLM VST plus other stuff, even get a half decent coffee out of it sometimes :D

I would love to see a coffee review section - maybe a chart/tabulation, listing various brands/beans/grind types under different headings, and then the popularity ratings.

Maybe an alphabetical list of all the brands & particular roasts - then subsections for "espresso", "filter" etc.

Gaggia Classic - Ascaso I-1D Grinder - Bottomless Portafilter - Knock Ltd Knock-Box & Tamper - 50cl Motta Jug - Aeropress - Porlex Mini Grinder ... and a long way to go!

Really I like to start the thanks button in the coffee forum because we would like to say thanks while getting out this forum. This shows our love to this forum.

Thanks Harry. Once you hit 5 posts this function will be available for you

How about cutting down on the number of sections. ie Follow something like the TMC model and have Espresso, Other Brewing methods, roasting etc. I often click on other parts of the forum and find interesting things to read, but it would be very easy to miss these.

Londinium 1, Pharos, Ceado e37s, Gene Cafe, Aerobie

That's my thought exactly. I think there are way to many sections, especially when it comes to different equipment brands. I don't agree about TMC, however. The chaps over there are much less than us so they don't need as many sections. I guess only the Gaggia needs a different section because it's probably the machine very beginner starts with. Levers is OK, but I don't see need for sections about Rancilio Silvia, Rocket, and etc.

Will consider this.

The sections were initially set up at the request of members.

I like the different manufacturer sections - they are really handy for people considering buying a particular brand of machine to get a sense of how owners feel about them. This would be much harder if they were all merged.

Londinium L1 | Compak E8

@drude - I don't see it becoming much harder. After all the forum has a great search function. I mean just look at the number of threads in each of these sections. Rocket has 20, Alex Duetto 8, Expobar 19. I mean at least these three are redundant.

I agree with drude, although I predominantly look at new items posted, there is definitely a place for specific sections and sub sections, bronc has said there is an excellent search function so why change. I like being able to go to say grinders to help out as do many other people who gave particular knowledge in certain sections. Why would we want tobe like TMC ? I vote to keep it as is.

AKA Toffee chips