Admin

What new features would you like to see on Coffee Forums UK?

2 hours ago, Snakehips said:

@MediumRoastSteam  In thread, signatures can be hidden using the  'X' option, to the right of each signature.

Button.thumb.png.f9bc92c69cfa3e954629a3a8cafb3701.png 

However, to restore signatures you will need to go to settings > signatures as per the @MildredM post above.

@Jumbo Ratty ^^^^^^^^^^^

• Thanks 1

Londinium - R, Monolith MC3, Two Jugs, One TempTag, Nine Assorted And Much Sought After MildredM Bar Towels

2 hours ago, Tait said:

The burger menu at the top right will show you the menu in mobile or portrait view on a tablet. It's a requirement from Google now if we're to maintain our ranking with them to have these kinds of features. New Posts is the first item on the menu.

The website is still a website, it just works well on all screens now and adapts accordingly. Hope that helps.

Tait

Google mandates burger menus are required?  Next they'll be telling you what mobile phone to use.... :p

14 minutes ago, Agentb said:

Google mandates burger menus are required?  Next they'll be telling you what mobile phone to use.... :p

Well, just good mobile navigation with easy tap targets. Not necessarily a burger menu. But yeah, lots of hoops to jump through these days!

3 hours ago, Snakehips said:

@MediumRoastSteam  In thread, signatures can be hidden using the  'X' option, to the right of each signature.

Button.thumb.png.f9bc92c69cfa3e954629a3a8cafb3701.png 

However, to restore signatures you will need to go to settings > signatures as per the @MildredM post above.

Brilliant,,, thank you.

finally there is a glimpse of an improvement 

• Thanks 1

Where have my subscriptions gone? 😕

Forums, threads, people I follow or Friends in the old world - I seem to have lost all connexions. It's so quiet now... 

• Like 1

Furthermore, TT seems out of sync on different occasions.

Browsing my history in TT, I've seen this a couple times:

Screenshot_20190520_151157_com.quoord.tapatalkpro.activity.thumb.jpg.c8cd36abf4869de73d8d1ee32c2d98a3.jpg

Some threads are wrongly linked: clicking on an old (pre-switch) notification of a new post in Muppetry thread in TT takes me to the Coffee and Alcohol thread instead (which I didn't even know existed, so thanks for pointing out! 😂).

Urgh, I have messages in my inbox that have appeared from like 3 years ago. Its 2500 messages full and there appears no way to select "all" to delete 

By all I mean not just the page you are viewing. 

I didn't have these messages stored or saved so no idea why they have come back. 

I write a blog, it's nothing to do with coffee ...

https://rjwinc.wordpress.com

Instagram - rjw_inc

I want to delete my entire inbox without having to scroll through 40 odd pages and each time select "all"

Am i the only one that has been punished in this way?

• Thanks 1

Instagram - rjw_inc

Unless I’m missing something,, I can’t see a post number.

so for instance, , if the answer to MrBoots question had been answered previously on, let’s say post 16 of this thread I can’t let him know the post number.

and saying it’s on page 2 doesn’t work either, because if someone’s disabled signatures it may be on page 2 for them, but if someone else hasn’t, and Mildred has posted on the thread it may well be on page 8 for them.

need a post number 

also, we used to be able to preview a post before we’ve submitted it,, again, unless I’m missing the obvious I can’t see that that option is available.

that was a very useful feature.

id like to see it return 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes, we definitely need post numbers back and preview was very useful too @Tait

• Thanks 1

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / 1998 La Pavoni with NickNak single hole steam wand tip  / Monolith Titan Conical & MAX  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer /  gold B Plus stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / coffee bar towel logo embroiderer to the hoi polloi  / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely and understanding husband 

8 minutes ago, MildredM said:

Yes agreed. Also when a user joined the forum should be brought back

• Thanks 1

LR, ZM

11 minutes ago, MildredM said:

Something like this? I found a plugin which added that.

image.png.bbbd5d69d3b5a562d8568216e5553634.png

• Thanks 3

WRT Boots.......

I also have decades old sh!te (OK technically only years old) in my Mail....

@Mrboots2u I think you can delete "everything" by selecting the COG ('kin autocorrect) and then Empty.........

Although @tait is it possible to restore our mailboxes as they were? ie to Save everyone having to re-do Housekeeping

(I seem to have pretty large space availability so it might not be quite so necessary anyway???)

Additionally - Do we have access to "Sent"...... I only had a quick shufti and didn't spot it...

There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Manic Obsession"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Expobar Brewtus DB, Mazzer SJ, Sowden, V60, Aeropress and all sorts

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Currently enjoying LSOL

2 minutes ago, Tait said:

Something like this? I found a plugin which added that.

image.png.bbbd5d69d3b5a562d8568216e5553634.png

Good one 😁 

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / 1998 La Pavoni with NickNak single hole steam wand tip  / Monolith Titan Conical & MAX  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer /  gold B Plus stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / coffee bar towel logo embroiderer to the hoi polloi  / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely and understanding husband 

9 minutes ago, Drewster said:

WRT Boots.......

I also have decades old sh!te (OK technically only years old) in my Mail....

@Mrboots2u I think you can delete "everything" by selecting the COG ('kin autocorrect) and then Empty.........

Although @tait is it possible to restore our mailboxes as they were? ie to Save everyone having to re-do Housekeeping

(I seem to have pretty large space availability so it might not be quite so necessary anyway???)

Additionally - Do we have access to "Sent"...... I only had a quick shufti and didn't spot it...

Oh yeah, thanks 

Cheers :) 

Instagram - rjw_inc

@Tait

is there something that that can be added at the bottom of the screen that takes you back to the top once you finished reading a page without having to go through the rigmarole of scrolling back up so you can navigate away from the page .

*unless of course I’m missing something obvious*

a “back to the top” button 

7CFC76DB-E62A-4258-9B4A-ACDA752CB950.jpeg

• Like 1

Just now, Jumbo Ratty said:

@Tait

is there something that that can be added at the bottom of the screen that takes you back to the top once you finished reading a page without having to go through the rigmarole of scrolling back up so you can navigate away from the page .

*unless of course I’m missing something obvious*

a “back to the top” button 

7CFC76DB-E62A-4258-9B4A-ACDA752CB950.jpeg

Yes, that would be great!

On an iPad I tap somewhere near the top of the screen and it shoots straight up ;) 

1 hour ago, MildredM said:

Yes, that would be great!

On an iPad I tap somewhere near the top of the screen and it shoots straight up ;) 

Click on the wheel of your mouse then move pointer towards top/bottom of the page (the distance the pointer is away from where you started denotes speed). Click again to deselect. That's assuming you're on a windows pc. Unsure about mac/tablet etc.

• Like 1

Laissez les bons temps rouler

@Tait  Should you wish to abort a draft post, rather than 'Submit' it, I don't see a 'Cancel' option.

Is just navigating to another page a tidy enough exit?

Londinium - R, Monolith MC3, Two Jugs, One TempTag, Nine Assorted And Much Sought After MildredM Bar Towels

Is there a way to cheer/boo someone’s forum avatar 😁 😁 😁 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Snakehips said:

@Tait  Should you wish to abort a post, rather than 'Submit' it, I don't see a 'Cancel' option.

Is just navigating to another page a tidy enough exit?

Do you find you need to abort many posts, Snake-new-avatar :)

4 minutes ago, MildredM said:

Do you find you need to abort many posts, Snake-new-avatar :)

I have been known to pull out, on occasion, Mildred.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

I'm just confused, too much information for me. I need a lie down.

Londinium I / Monolith Conical / Macap MC4 / Cormorant CR600 Roaster