Admin

What new features would you like to see on Coffee Forums UK?

I said before it feels like a bloody app on a big phone rather than a forum....

Seems like I wasn't wrong....

You will often hear us refer to the applications or apps in Invision Community. This may be referring to our primary applications (Forums, Blogs, Gallery, Pages, Commerce, or Downloads) or the ability for you to add third-party applications.

I sure hope you don't change too much else that was not broken666718976_bigphone.jpg.7e424f3196e86d81031fd7195250b030.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Not even sure I am in the right place , I guess you get used to how things were before but I personally think the new look Is terrible .

¿ ǝsǝɥʇ pɐǝɹ ǝuoʎuɐ sǝop

16 hours ago, MildredM said:

I like a bit of hessian sack myself!!

What about the rest? Back n crack lol :exit:

• Haha 1

I’ve been unable to use Tapatalk since yesterday afternoon. Anyone else having issues?

I logged out, but now I can’t log back in again using Tapatalk. 

I don’t mind the new look of the forum on the web. But I do think it’s a bit too fancy and the UI is rather wasteful. A more simplified and condensed UI (configurable maybe? Hide people’s signature as some members have images on them?) would make things easier. 

14 hours ago, Jumbo Ratty said:

I’m on IPad 

this is a shot of the icons I’ve got.

all I want to do is see the new posts..

21D15ACC-1C5E-4501-844E-C3CBC216D5CA.jpeg

If you turn your screen from portrait to landscape it shows the menu.  Which is rather odd behaviour but I’m assuming it’s mobile device settings to manage screen real estate. 

9B37EC63-362E-43B3-B065-7FE26656A02C.png

7A2917E2-9642-4A8D-AE87-F58927431ECE.png

Rocket R58, Bottomless portafilter, VST 18g basket, Niche Zero, Joey tamper (58.4)

20 minutes ago, MediumRoastSteam said:

I’ve been unable to use Tapatalk since yesterday afternoon. Anyone else having issues?

I don’t mind the new look of the forum on the web. But I do think it’s a bit too fancy and the UI is rather wasteful. A more simplified and condensed UI (configurable maybe? Hide people’s signature as some members have images on them?) would make things easier. 

There's an option to hide signatures somewhere if you don't want to see them.

Still no tapatalk for me either.

Laissez les bons temps rouler

23 minutes ago, MediumRoastSteam said:

I too cannot open CFUK on TT.

Ve ve suvivius.... /E37s/ Eazytamp / tupperware pot / completely healthy relationship with coffee (and bank manager).

36 minutes ago, MediumRoastSteam said:

To hide signatures:

49A5CDF6-FEE7-4335-96B2-985202FC2491.jpeg

6D14D3FD-D16E-4009-9D7F-96566D501E9A.jpeg

F0EEE395-0479-4CA7-8322-EE86B07823EB.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / 1998 La Pavoni with NickNak single hole steam wand tip  / Monolith Titan Conical & MAX  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer /  gold B Plus stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / coffee bar towel logo embroiderer to the hoi polloi  / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely and understanding husband 

I can't see an option to see the threads that you're subscribed to. Am I just missing it? I find it sometimes handy to double check if their are updates on those topics rather than browsing everything that's new. . . 

Everything my heart could desire (more or less). . .

https://cupperjoe.com

4 minutes ago, jlarkin said:

I can't see an option to see the threads that you're subscribed to. Am I just missing it? I find it sometimes handy to double check if their are updates on those topics rather than browsing everything that's new. . . 

Does this help at all.

2EA497DB-AC91-4C21-8579-E16DD0582D93.jpeg

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / 1998 La Pavoni with NickNak single hole steam wand tip  / Monolith Titan Conical & MAX  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer /  gold B Plus stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / coffee bar towel logo embroiderer to the hoi polloi  / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely and understanding husband 

2 hours ago, enrm6 said:

If you turn your screen from portrait to landscape it shows the menu.  Which is rather odd behaviour but I’m assuming it’s mobile device settings to manage screen real estate. 

The burger menu at the top right will show you the menu in mobile or portrait view on a tablet. It's a requirement from Google now if we're to maintain our ranking with them to have these kinds of features. New Posts is the first item on the menu.

The website is still a website, it just works well on all screens now and adapts accordingly. Hope that helps.

Tait

11 hours ago, Tait said:

You should be able to edit it now. I've upped the edit time on posts to 5 days as opposed to the default setting which was 5 minutes.

It worked, thanks!

TT is back :)

T.

Espresso: Londinium L1, ZR-71 grinder

Photography: Flickr

2 hours ago, MediumRoastSteam said:

@MediumRoastSteam  In thread, signatures can be hidden using the  'X' option, to the right of each signature.

Button.thumb.png.f9bc92c69cfa3e954629a3a8cafb3701.png 

However, to restore signatures you will need to go to settings > signatures as per the @MildredM post above.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Londinium - R, Monolith MC3, Two Jugs, One TempTag, Nine Assorted And Much Sought After MildredM Bar Towels

6 minutes ago, dsc said:

T.

Great . . . But I can’t log in!!!

13 hours ago, dsc said:

@Glenn any ideas when TT support is going to be back? 

@dsc You're best addressing the question to @Tait 

Home Barista Training - contact me to discuss your requirements

10 hours ago, Tait said:

Hi @Snakehips I think I've just updated that setting to work within the last 3 days. Can you check and let me know if that's better?

Hi @Tait  Yes better thank you.  Does that mean that we the user are unable to configure a stream by way of the dropdown options?

Londinium - R, Monolith MC3, Two Jugs, One TempTag, Nine Assorted And Much Sought After MildredM Bar Towels

I couldn't log in yesterday (after logging out) but today it just asked me to confirm my username and logged me on it's own without a password which was kind of odd. Hope your end also fixes itself soon :)

T.
  • Thanks 1

[mention=5261]dsc[/mention] You're best addressing the question to [mention=16868]Tait[/mention] 
@Glenn@Tait all seems to work in TT, at least for me...

T.
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, MildredM said:

OK, please close the app completely and try once more. It may be working for all properly now but I need feedback.

OK, please close the app completely and try once more. It may be working for all properly now but I need feedback.

I’m IN thank you very much!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, dsc said:

T.

Ahhhhh at last, and relax....

• Like 3

Lots of everything: machines, grinders, roaster, beans, tampers, baskets, blah, blah

However - Too much is never enough!

1 hour ago, MildredM said:

I’m IN emoji16.pngemoji16.pngemoji16.png thank you very much!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

*phew* finally you'll be able to start posting again, oh wait...😂

• Haha 2

Everything my heart could desire (more or less). . .

https://cupperjoe.com

4 hours ago, enrm6 said:

Thank you so much.

you was spot on,, I had my iPad portrait, and had to turn it to landscape and then all the options appeared.

a bit daft if you ask me as most phones are held portrait.

thanks again