Admin

What new features would you like to see on Coffee Forums UK?

Go to the Hamburger and select Activity or New Posts 

Home Barista Training - contact me to discuss your requirements

This really is quite surreal

AKA Toffee chips

What's happened to the Forum format,  I appear to have it in an almost full screen broadsheet format,  is there a problem or do I need to adjust to a new visual presentation that initially on the whole seems hard work,  was there an issue with the original layout ?.

Jon.

One Life this is it, it's not a rehearsal so enjoy it best you can - Have some fun, buy a coffee machine.;)

ECM Synchronika - ECM V-Titan 64 Grinder - AMIR Scales and they work fine - 15-18-20-22-25g VST Filter Baskets - Several Jugs and a Home Made Knock Box. - Useful contributions from the Family.

25 minutes ago, coffeechap said:

This really is quite surreal

You keep making me jump 😅

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / Monolith Titan Flat & Conical, MAX Flat on order  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / part-time LSOL participant / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely husband 

Oh I say! This is looking much better all the time now :)

F2EC50B4-E3F3-4268-80A5-1A7F6FEB4797.jpeg

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / Monolith Titan Flat & Conical, MAX Flat on order  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / part-time LSOL participant / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely husband 

Wow what a lovely surprise seeing and using the new format 😁 Major changes are always difficult to manage but many thanks for all the hard work it takes to pull off such trickery and black magic 🤣

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, MildredM said:

Oh I say! This is looking much better all the time now :)

I honestly thought that you wouldn't be that shallow.........

No - I did..... Really.....

@dfk41 I know is a bit of a rep-whore but not our Milly!!! 

• Haha 1

There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Manic Obsession"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Expobar Brewtus DB, Mazzer SJ, Sowden, V60, Aeropress and all sorts

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Currently enjoying LSOL

1 minute ago, Drewster said:

It happens to everyone, apparitions of granduer

• Like 1

AKA Toffee chips

3 minutes ago, coffeechap said:

It happens to everyone, apparitions of granduer

I guess it beats my aspirations of adequacy!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Manic Obsession"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Expobar Brewtus DB, Mazzer SJ, Sowden, V60, Aeropress and all sorts

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Currently enjoying LSOL

Anyone getting the forum on Tapatalk yet? I’m getting more and more sued to browser view, and it is far more user friendly on a phone, but TT is useful too.

9 minutes ago, MildredM said:

Anyone getting the forum on Tapatalk yet? I’m getting more and more sued to browser view, and it is far more user friendly on a phone, but TT is useful too.

Is this the direction it has gone ?,  to make it more phone friendly.

Jon.

One Life this is it, it's not a rehearsal so enjoy it best you can - Have some fun, buy a coffee machine.;)

ECM Synchronika - ECM V-Titan 64 Grinder - AMIR Scales and they work fine - 15-18-20-22-25g VST Filter Baskets - Several Jugs and a Home Made Knock Box. - Useful contributions from the Family.

The mobile web version is 1000% better than before 👍 and exploring the layout it all makes sense to me- now I have found the new posts and last read circle on the left. 

Tapatalk is great for convenience and notifications- it will be good when that is working again- I suspect I might end up using a mix of both. 

Thanks for the effort and future proofing!

• Like 1

__

Home: La Pavoni pre-millenium + Mazzer Major. V60 + MBK Feld2. Work: V60, Aeropress + Wilfa Svart grinder

46 minutes ago, xpresso said:

Is this the direction it has gone ?,  to make it more phone friendly.

Jon.

I don’t know, but it’s far easier to get around on a phone - and posting photos in a browser (which was a major bugbear before) is a doddle. 

I hate change and that feeling of not being able to find stuff and everything looking different. And there have been moments today my brain has been fried ! But I honestly think it’s all going to be worth it in the end - and if it isn’t I get to have a good grumble! *win:win* 😁 

• Like 3

At the moment it appears,  unless I'm missing something, whether a member is a supporter, super supporter that encourages people to join and help finance a great site.

Still currently trying to get my head round it !!.

Jon.

Can we make the Little dot to the left of the thread for latest posts a bit bigger, please? I keep hitting the thread -  or worse, clicking the person and seeing their profile which makes me feel nosey!

2 minutes ago, xpresso said:

At the moment it appears,  unless I'm missing something, whether a member is a supporter, super supporter that encourages people to join and help finance a great site.

Still currently trying to get my head round it !!.

Jon.

Yes! We need all our supporter badges back 😥

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Drewster said:

She got her reputation the old fashioned way! 😂😂😂

• Haha 1

Laissez les bons temps rouler

1 hour ago, MildredM said:

I'm getting the odd notification but that's about it.

Laissez les bons temps rouler

Go up or goto top? whatever it was called is missing

Half a day so far and it still seems like the "used to be coffeeforumsuk" app

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MildredM said:

Still no TT for me

• Thanks 1

Ve ve suvivius.... /E37s/ Eazytamp / tupperware pot / completely healthy relationship with coffee (and bank manager).

Ooh had my first 'like' whilst using the mobile browser.

That notification is fantastic! Click on the pop up banner and back on the relevant thread. Kudos

• Like 1

Ve ve suvivius.... /E37s/ Eazytamp / tupperware pot / completely healthy relationship with coffee (and bank manager).

I am on the forum .??   Has it been hijacked ?.   So far totally unimpressed,  I don't do or want 'funky' I am no teckie and  find the new format totally confusing and non user friendly.

I will reserve judgement but at the moment I am between Dave C's comment and DFK,s comment , may not post or just give up.

I think some Hipsters have taken over and have been smoking illicit substances 😳

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1