Admin

What new features would you like to see on Coffee Forums UK?

22 minutes ago, Jacko112 said:

Personally I preferred the old version, this is very confusing now & difficult to read older posts or even see what’s new. 

Cant see me sticking around tbh, which is a shame as I loved reading about everyone’s daily escapades. 

Is this giving you what you need? I'm able to keep tweaking this until we have it so we're all happy. This system is much more powerful, secure, mobile friendly and future proof. Instead of running off just guide me!

I'll make a full announcement once i've worked through my growing list of feedback. Thanks everyone for being so great and apologies for the lack of warning. I'll explain in my announcement later. 🙂

image.png.ff9f6928cb8f6eb03b6fa9e23d8cd34c.png <- @Jacko112

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes!  It is coming along nicely now :)

We are lucky to have a forum and while I could probably head the charts in grumbling I, for one, really appreaciate all the work you are doing :)

• Like 1

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / 1998 La Pavoni with NickNak single hole steam wand tip  / Monolith Titan Conical & MAX  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer /  gold B Plus stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / coffee bar towel logo embroiderer to the hoi polloi  / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely and understanding husband 

C'mon Caps & Chapettes

There are always some teething issues with a major upgrade.

I am sure we can let Tait and the lads know what we are "missing" - and once that is sorted I am sure the "nice to haves" can either be sorted or possibly we will be a bit more used to them so they'll seem less important.

Remember the strength of the Forum is "us" the users - the technology is just a vehicle!!!!

NB: As Tait already knows - I am not happy with the actual implementation and the lack of communication (and possibly testing/UAT etc)..

BUT that is water under the bridge - Let us all pull together to to go forward.......

I look forward to the PIR/Lessons learn sessions ;-)

• Like 1

There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Manic Obsession"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Expobar Brewtus DB, Mazzer SJ, Sowden, V60, Aeropress and all sorts

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Currently enjoying LSOL

Any chance of a slightly darker skin option? All this white is giving me a headache.

• Thanks 3

Laissez les bons temps rouler

I'm a fan of this change, thought the old style was a bit dated, this is much more new internet. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Drewster said:

C'mon Caps & Chapettes

There are always some teething issues with a major upgrade.

I am sure we can let Tait and the lads know what we are "missing" - and once that is sorted I am sure the "nice to haves" can either be sorted or possibly we will be a bit more used to them so they'll seem less important.

Remember the strength of the Forum is "us" the users - the technology is just a vehicle!!!!

NB: As Tait already knows - I am not happy with the actual implementation and the lack of communication (and possibly testing/UAT etc)..

BUT that is water under the bridge - Let us all pull together to to go forward.......

I look forward to the PIR/Lessons learn sessions 😉

Yes! I’ve gone from.... What's going on . . . 

To .... I know you can make it good!

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / 1998 La Pavoni with NickNak single hole steam wand tip  / Monolith Titan Conical & MAX  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer /  gold B Plus stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / coffee bar towel logo embroiderer to the hoi polloi  / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely and understanding husband 

25 minutes ago, ashcroc said:

Any chance of a slightly darker skin option? All this white is giving me a headache.

I like a bit of hessian sack myself!!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Every little thing gonna be alright!

• Like 1

Eeesh, Yuk, I feel like I have been forced onto a 24" phone, I cannot find anything and in particular I cannot find settings for such things as a dark theme. This just hurts my eyes. I was still using the older choice before because of this.

I guess that eventually we will have all the features we had before and then some but right now my eyes are bleeding

• Like 2

I cant find my old profile picture so ive just had to use my passport photo

Interesting to see what the finished site looks like and usability 

+2 for the most recent posts tab

• Like 2

keep calm and grind flat

Agree with a change in skin colour, the white is a bit much for me personally. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Thanks for spending the weekend doing this.  

I guess only oddish thing is using Firefox (i didn't notice with Chrome) the pages display first what looks like a style free version of the page missing images, then it renders the page correctly.  See attached (well "attached below")

Many other minor "my preference" things i'm sure will come out like

• Someway to customize colours per account.
  •  I prefer to read threads in reverse order on some forums, i can't see if that's possible,
  • So many new emojis (and the old favorites are at the bottom  :coffee::good: under Generic Smilies - perhaps they could move to the top?) 
  • Some way to auto-save a draft post, so if you leave the page you can come back.

My coffee extraction has not been affected by this so - all good :good:

edit: screenshot ------ v

Screenshot from 2019-05-19 12-15-46.png

Edited by Agentb

What's the  +4,455  'members total reputation'

picture upload test - oh god YES …………….you can upload more than one picture at a time 

IMG_20190412_134440525.jpg

IMG_20190411_090408376.jpg

IMG_20190411_131526366_HDR.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

keep calm and grind flat

5 minutes ago, jimbojohn55 said:

I cant find my old profile picture so ive just had to use my passport photo

Interesting to see what the finished site looks like and usability 

+2 for the most recent posts tab

Looks like the new look forum has some benefits then 😂

2 minutes ago, MildredM said:

Looks like the new look forum has some benefits then 😂

did you know you cropped out your face in your new profile photo 🙊

• Like 1

keep calm and grind flat

3 minutes ago, jimbojohn55 said:

What's the  +4,455  'members total reputation'

picture upload test - oh god YES …………….you can upload more than one picture at a time 

IMG_20190412_134440525.jpg

IMG_20190411_090408376.jpg

IMG_20190411_131526366_HDR.jpg

It's the number of likes etc you have. Yours has just gone up! 😎

• Like 1

What a shame!!!!!!!

6 minutes ago, MildredM said:

I refer the Honourable Gentleman to a previous post.. possibly even a Milly post........ 

• Like 1

Currently enjoying LSOL

1 hour ago, ashcroc said:

Look to the bottom of the page, at the footer, below the advert. Here is a drop-down option for "themes" you can choose to change between. We have not added to this yet, but a dark option, in-between (colour tbc), white and current good ol'hessian could well be theme options we add. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Nate said:

Look to the bottom of the page, at the footer, below the advert. Here is a drop-down option for "themes" you can choose to change between. We have not added to this yet, but a dark option, in-between (colour tbc), white and current good ol'hessian could well be theme options we add. 

Nice one Nate, thank you and keep up the strong effort. 

What are you guys pressing to see "first unread"?

EDIT: nevermind, found it

4 minutes ago, grumpydaddy said:

What are you guys pressing to see "first unread"?

EDIT: nevermind, found it

Let me know where it is please. At the moment I'm just jumping to the last page & scrolling manually.

Little grey "button" next to the Thread Title.....

Hover over it says "Go to first unread" or something similar.....

(Safari on a Mac - dunno about others)

Currently enjoying LSOL

When I clock on New Posts it goes to the first page of said thread.