Coffee Forums banner

What new features would you like to see on Coffee Forums UK?

83K views 799 replies 154 participants last post by  Like Medium Strong Coffee 
#1 ·
We're constantly striving to improve your browsing and interactive experience

What new features would you like to see on Coffee Forums UK?

Are there other forums that you visit that have something funky that keeps you returning time after time or a feature that adds to your enjoyment?

We are open to all suggestions and will consider each option put forward.

Please leave your suggestions below, or PM Glenn if you wish to remain anonymous

We will not be introducing karma, betting or instant chat mods - but may look at holding scheduled chat sessions in the future, on specific topics - which can be recorded for later viewing.

#4 ·
Eyedee: I've taken a look for a mod that covers what you have suggested

The best I can come up with is the Thanks button (already installed)

Do you have an example of another vbulletin based forum where this is active? I can take a look

#5 ·
The 'Thanks' button is great. I think that a LIKE or AGREE button might not be quite so good. If for example, someone recommends a particular piece of kit, then yes, it's useful if someone comes along and hits an AGREE button to endorse the recommendation. But the endorsement means so much more if the poster takes a few minutes to explain his/her experience with the piece of kit involved, and how it has worked for them.

I may be missing something completely here, so if I am, apologies in advance.

#6 ·
How about a For Sale section, given that there is quite a lot of equipment changing / upgrading undertaken by forum members. I of course have no vested interest (fibbing) in selling anything espresso related any time soon. It would I assume require fairly stern moderating to avoid blatant commercial selling.

#9 ·
Sorry Glenn but found it difficult to find it myself Hardly use the home page

Gaz

#13 ·
#16 ·
As many posts turn into general discussion (synonymous with most forums) it becomes difficult/long winded to find information on a a potential machine/grinder purchase, this results in the same question asked many times (to the credit of this forum it is well tolerated, not synonymous with many other forums)

Would it be possible to include a review section, which would include a forum style response section, including the ability to facebook style like/dislike which could maybe form the basis of a star rating (the more likes the higher the rating)

This would provide a starting point for quick research to be dipped in and out of, freeing up the main forums for detailed specific questions/discussion.

?

#17 ·
Oh just though...

To go along with the reviews, how about bean reviews which could include bean league tables, I understand that flavour is rather subjective, but it may be nice to see how beans stack up agains one and other through a national opinion (well coffee forums uk opinion)

?

#20 ·
Impressed Glenn that was quick

Gaz

#23 ·
I think that a section dedicated to event schedules would be extremely useful for people to quickly browse over so we can plan our schedules around what we want to visit. I've seen a number of events mentioned in random posts but there does not seem to be anywhere to collate this information.

Regional coffee information might be useful too? If someone is going somewhere on holiday then they can look here for coffee information on the region. Or,someone can post on here to share their knowledge of places to visit for a decent Espresso, etc when they come back of their holidays

#25 ·
@gazbea I'll do that. We have a calendar so feel free to add events you come across too. Will try and make this feature more prominent

@jimrobo I'll do that. The section has been active for some time but not well used thus far.

#26 ·
i notice there are quite a few video's within certain threads not sure if your aware but there is a mod where you van create a video section which will add a link to the main tab bar and it takes you direct to the video section

members can post up there own video's or anything they find on you tube type sites

i have the mod running on my site although i am using the older vb board if its of interest let me no glenn and i will give you access to have a look at it

i have quite a few plugins i use which may work well like the atakan marquee text which is basically a scrolling ticker which is superb for newsflashes and stuff

another good plugin is 1 that sections the sticky's as if a sub forum within the forum

i'm sure your aware there are lots available though

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.