Velobee

Good place for arbitrary postings to make my numbers up?

I need to post five more times in order to view some parts of the forum - 20 posts is an arbitrary number and until now I only post when I have something to say...sorry folks, four more to go

Have more to say then ..

what coffee have you been drinking ....

How have you been making it ......

Tons of stuff you can post , that would be useful to other members......

So off you go , be constructive ....:)

I write a blog, it's nothing to do with coffee ...

https://rjwinc.wordpress.com

Instagram - rjw_inc

I need to post five more times in order to view some parts of the forum - 20 posts is an arbitrary number and until now I only post when I have something to say...sorry folks, four more to go

There for a reason though, for example it means that group buys remain with people on the forum that contribute

AKA Toffee chips

You are not making yourself any friends spamming old sales threads

Instagram - rjw_inc

There are good reasons for the limits on some parts of the forum, stop spamming to get your post count up. 20 posts is nothing to anyone interested in the community represented on these forums.

one spam post = -5 apparently

BOOM! You've just been onomatopoeia'd

Begs the question what do you wish to access now that is worth posting the additional bits of twoddle for?

This does raise a good point though. I too felt an urge to post, just to get my numbers up. The posting limits, depending on how you find out about them, can seem 'apparently' arbitrary. If I am remembering correctly (which happens sometimes), when a new user tries to go into certain areas, they get an error message saying "You need to post X times before you can see this content", which doesn't really convey the community-focused reasons for this limit. Typically, this is happening at a phase where they don't yet have a good sense of this community's style and etiquette (which does vary from forum to forum). If those error messages linked to a thread that clearly conveys why those limits are in place, and how to (and how not to) be a good community participant and meet those limits in a community friendly way, we might be able to guide newcomers into active community participants (or scare away people looking to pop in, post a for sale ad, and disappear forever).

Most people who join are said hello to and asked some friendly question s on entry . Doesnt take much effort to answer them and get to the 5 OR 10 posts required for sales threads ...

Instagram - rjw_inc

It irritates me to have to moderate any members who post rubbish purely to make up numbers by adding negative values to their post count

It is a pain in the backside cleaning up the forum from pointless posts

Respect the limits - they are there for a reason

Home Barista Training - contact me to discuss your requirements

Bootsy - read the above... no pointless posts and rubbish mate.... That's your post count scuppered. ;-)

Lots of everything: machines, grinders, roaster, beans, tampers, baskets, blah, blah

However - Too much is never enough!

Bootsy - read the above... no pointless posts and rubbish mate.... That's your post count scuppered. ;-)

negative twelvty.....

Instagram - rjw_inc

^^^^ blatantly trying to boost post count.... -1000 for you, as you should know better (and you can afford it).

Lots of everything: machines, grinders, roaster, beans, tampers, baskets, blah, blah

However - Too much is never enough!

Ironic like of OP

DE1Pro, EK43 SSP, bloody tasty coffee!

GrindScience.com - My blog of coffee related ramblings

Maybe so many posts and so many days like a week, then you don't get a spurt of drivel in one day and a sales thread going up.

Input: 'Terranovered’ Versalab M3  + Niche

Output: Slayer One Group + La Pavoni + V60 + AeroPress + Syphon + Bialetti Induction Moka Pot + Bialetti Mucka Express + jar of instant for visitors..

negative twelvty.....

numberwang !

¿ ǝsǝɥʇ pɐǝɹ ǝuoʎuɐ sǝop

eleventeen?

Input: 'Terranovered’ Versalab M3  + Niche

Output: Slayer One Group + La Pavoni + V60 + AeroPress + Syphon + Bialetti Induction Moka Pot + Bialetti Mucka Express + jar of instant for visitors..

Jealousy is so unbecoming:)

Londinium-R - EKS43 running SSP Silver Knight burrs

It's a forum not a love in. Generally it's best to talk when there is something worthwhile to say. However, in order to access the gumtree and ebay links a 'contribution' of twenty posts is required. Doesn't really make sense to me

you should actually be adding points rather than deducting them - look at the interest generated