IGNORED

Are you following Coffee Forums UK on Facebook or Twitter?

Are you following Coffee Forums UK on Facebook or Twitter?  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Are you following Coffee Forums UK on Facebook or Twitter?

• Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Both Facebook and Twitter
    • Neither

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I completely agree. Being a member of a few FB groups for coffee purposes, I don’t think that platform lends itself well to a forum format. A forum like this one is so much better. Sent from my iPh

Facebook practically killed most the forums i was on, to the point one which was a good 10yrs old plus closed the servers and a wealth of information was lost. Facebook screams of the now culture

+1 ☝️

• 10 months later...
  • 5 months later...
9 minutes ago, Rumpelstiltskin said:

+1 ☝️

I hardly every use Facebook, never used, or want to use twitter. Much prefer logging onto the forum.

Edited by DavecUK
  • Like 2

Nothing here...

Facebook practically killed most the forums i was on, to the point one which was a good 10yrs old plus closed the servers and a wealth of information was lost.

Facebook screams of the now culture were people dont research, they just ask a question and wait for others to answer

• Like 4

Way too early for this sh...

Facebook practically killed most the forums i was on, to the point one which was a good 10yrs old plus closed the servers and a wealth of information was lost.
Facebook screams of the now culture were people dont research, they just ask a question and wait for others to answer

I completely agree. Being a member of a few FB groups for coffee purposes, I don’t think that platform lends itself well to a forum format. A forum like this one is so much better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 5

Current: Lelit Elizabeth / Niche Zero / VST baskets / Distilled water + 100mg NaCO3/L

Previous: Gaggia Classic | Eureka Mignon | Rocket Cellini Evo | Profitec 700 | Profitec T-64 | Gene Cafe CBR-101 | Kinu M68 | Feldgrind 2 | La Pavoni Europiccola 2012

Also at: CoffeeTime Forum & Niche Zero Owners Group

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/12/2020 at 18:16, Cuprajake said:

Totally agree, Facebook  is not easy to use if you actually want to find good solid information, or have any real social interaction.

• Like 2

Nothing here...

It's true, I've seen it in some coffee forums in Spain, people asking very simple questions like, what's the difference between presurissed and non presurissed baskets....I mean you have YouTube, you have articles in internet, you can learn if you want.

I not only don't follow these forums on FB, Twitter or anything else, I don't follow any forum or any non-form for that matter, on any of them either.

I do not and never have had an account with any of these services, and don't really see the point. I suppose I can't totally rule out ever using one or more such services but at this moment, I can't imagine what would induce me to even try.

I've been here long enough (nearly 24 hours ;) ) that some of you will already have deduced a bit about my age. I'm not saying us oldies don't belong on FB, etc. If it floats your boat, go for it. But I can't say it floats mine. It's more like they have the effect a broadside of torpedo's would have on my boat, which is to say, not just sink it but blow it to smithereens, then set fire to the splinters.

In short, and in marketing doublespeak, I do not consider myself analagous to their target demographic. :D

Moreover, I rather find their insidious and aggressive inclination to snoop, and to monetise both my privacy and every aspect of my personal life life they get their grubby, little unethical mitts on, offensive.

Fair to say, I'm not a fan.

TL:DR Version : Nope. Hell, no, even.

EDIT : I said I'd been here nearly 24 hours. According to the little box thingy that pops up if I hover over the C under my name, it's 13 hours.

Feels like longer, somehow.

Amazing how time flies when you're enjoying yourself, isn't it?

Edited by CoffeePhilE
  • Like 1
On 12/12/2020 at 16:10, Rumpelstiltskin said:

+1 ☝️

Already sharing enough of my personal data with search engines and websites that I visit. I know I can exercise my democratic choice by not using them or visiting these sites, but that’s a pretty hard road to follow. I have no desire to spray further info out there about myself by using these platforms - so no I don’t use or intend to use social media.

• Like 1

I struggle to see anything useful past the ads and nonsense people post on Facebook so don’t subscribe to forums there.

Twitter is a little more toned down so find it useful to keep an eye on things I might be interested in.

My preference is to log into the forums.

4 hours ago, Marocchino said:

Already sharing enough of my personal data with search engines and websites that I visit. I know I can exercise my democratic choice by not using them or visiting these sites, but that’s a pretty hard road to follow. I have no desire to spray further info out there about myself by using these platforms - so no I don’t use or intend to use social media.

i agree 100%.....i've become to despise Google and all that they are...run a "script-blocker" on the Google search page; it's frightening to see the amount of stuff it want's you to "allow"; let alone the number of things it "needs" before it works (does your search) "properly"....downside is most of the other search-engines are shite....Google has everyone by the balls. One of my daughters was bullied (attempted suicide) via Facebook; the sooner this POS goes out of business the better. Rant over.

Fides Nemo

1 hour ago, Rumpelstiltskin said:

i agree 100%.....i've become to despise Google and all that they are...run a "script-blocker" on the Google search page; it's frightening to see the amount of stuff it want's you to "allow"; let alone the number of things it "needs" before it works (does your search) "properly"....downside is most of the other search-engines are shite....Google has everyone by the balls. One of my daughters was bullied (attempted suicide) via Facebook; the sooner this POS goes out of business the better. Rant over.

I use Duck Duck on Moz Ffox and clear out my cookies regularly. I try not to remain signed into accounts, definitely not YT, don’t use g mail app etc. The sooner legislation is formulated to reign in the Wild West that is dominated by the likes of G, FB, et al the better. 

Really sorry to hear of your personal experience with FB, it’s both truly horrendous and appalling at the same time. Hopefully things may change if at some point in the future these companies are broken up or eventually classed as publishers.

Some of the people in my circle think I’m a little over the top with personal data protection because I refuse to go on some group  FB round robin. Tried explaining the reasons for my issues with social media, but it doesn’t seem to register as being something that is a cause for any real concern for the majority. We still have free will and the right to exercise it.... or have we?

Edited by Marocchino
  • Like 1