Mrboots2u

The Peak of grinding ( New Mahlkonig Grinder )

Industry leading progress and people moan it wont look good in their kitchens . (slaps head)

Whether it's in a kitchen or a cafe, red on black hasn't been cool since 1987

Londinium R | Ceado E37S | Torr Goldfinger

Industry leading progress and people moan it wont look good in their kitchens . (slaps head)

But i want a grinder the wife will let me buy......

I write a blog, it's nothing to do with coffee ...

https://rjwinc.wordpress.com

Instagram - rjw_inc

''This shot is delicious our customers are really happy & I'm really glad our cafe is wasting less coffee. However as the grinder is the wrong colour Ive decided to commit suicide''

@garydyke1

I didn't realise that looks become had entirely irrelevant for products that either reside in your home or are in view of your customers.

There's plenty of manufacturers that don't seem to have received the memo.

At i suspect close to £2k retail this isnt aimed at the home market , a few may be sold , but its not the long term market they need to make their cash back

There are a few k30 out there in home's a fair % of those are bought second hand...

Im not even sure this is the final version or a mock up for a chinese trade show anyway

Again id rather they spend R and D money on improving what it does ,than a focus group on will it look good in a kitchen :)

SCAA 2015 will tell us what the final version looks like

I quite like the look of the k30 , as much as any grinder has any aesthetic appeal ....and its squat so baristas can see customers face over it

If you want something to look at in the kitchen get a hg1 or bling up a versalab

Instagram - rjw_inc

Whether it's in a kitchen or a cafe, red on black hasn't been cool since 1987

I'm thinking Michael Jackson Bad album cover. What year's that?!

The Artist Formerly Known As 'jonc' | All the gear, almost no idea.

Looks good - no

Makes tasty coffee - hell yeah

Don't be coy, I'm sure I came across a thread some time ago you showing off the Brewtus' new clothes, and frankly, it looks the nuts.

The EK on the other hand, perhaps more of an acquired taste :eek:

Why not white and orange though, not like there's any point trying to hide it away!

I feel bad I started this aesthetic point. I just think that it's a new grinder don't pack it into a k30 case, lazily paint it, then slap on a really fugly graphic.

I'm thinking Michael Jackson Bad album cover. What year's that?!

My very first CD, as it happens. And what do you know, 1987!

Apparently I had a Michael Jackson obsession, when I was 4. (awaits the inevitable)

I feel bad I started this aesthetic point. I just think that it's a new grinder don't pack it into a k30 case, lazily paint it, then slap on a really fugly graphic.

Why does it need to be in a new case though ....

Lazy would be not to change the burrs or the tech to any degree ( this still might be the case , i dunno til more info comes out , to could old burrs in a old box )

Aesthetics are in the machines , its only a few nutters ( i include myself in this ) on a forum that moan about the colour and shape of a grinder , the public wont give it a second look

Instagram - rjw_inc

My very first CD, as it happens. And what do you know, 1987!

Apparently I had a Michael Jackson obsession, when I was 4. (awaits the inevitable)

Awesome. My brother had it and I sneaked it away. I was 6!

You lined it up, but we're all studiously avoiding kicking it in. 😲

Rocket R58Ceado E37SAeropressAerGrind • Puck Puck cold brew widget • VST 18g basket • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 convex black Ti/walnut tamper • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 flat sharp edge tamper • Big bag o' beans • Triumph Street Triple 675R

I nearly did after Jon's last post, but I'm still not sure what the official rule of "too soon" is

I nearly did after Jon's last post, but I'm still not sure what the official rule of "too soon" is

I think if it's still warm?

Izzo Alex Duetto | Ceado E37s | Minor obsession with home automation

I think if it's still warm?

Clima pro?

Posted by malling ( copied and moved by mrboots )

The latest addition of Mahlkönig line of espresso grinder, has defiantly caught my attention, it comes with 80mm of cast burr that has been machined afterwords, it should be able to deliver very hight EY similar to the EK43 but in a more compact k30 design. It should have a wider adjustment range, or at least I hope it has.

For me that would be the ultimate espresso grinder, if it can live up to it. The Ek43 is simply to big and is a faff in use compared to a k30, combining these grinders seem like a great idea.

But price is a bit of an obstacle, it should be similar to the EK43

Instagram - rjw_inc

Looks amazing, those saying otherwise should have a slap in their face. How often do we get the chance to get a product that on paper should equals the massive EK43 but in a compact k30 design, I loved the K30, and still miss all it's function and ease of use. If I can get EK43 in the cup results but without having to own such a massive grinder and without having to go through the annoying process when preparing a shot, I'm in.

Yeah the redline looks out of place, but who cares!

Right now I'm just glad I didn't spend allot of money on a Compak E10 :good:

Coffee: Ek - Feldgrind- Brewista Kettle - Bonavita Scale - Hario V60 - Kalita Wave - FRVD Moka Pot - Sowden

I'd expect more range of adjustment in the espresso range but don't think it will go all the way up to brewed. If you can get EKspresso out it in a small package then should be very interesting but reckon it'll be £2k+

I do not hope it will end up in the £2k+ range, I sincerely hope the £1800 that's been reported is where it end and hopefully less

But then it's a bit worrying that the Mythos one can handle a £2100 price-tag in certain part of UK, so I wouldn't be surprised if the PEAK end up in the same range in some places.

At the moment I can get a Mythos One and EK43 for £1750 each ( and propely less If I ask for it), so I hope Mahlköning put on a reasonable price

Edited by malling

Coffee: Ek - Feldgrind- Brewista Kettle - Bonavita Scale - Hario V60 - Kalita Wave - FRVD Moka Pot - Sowden

I do not hope it will end up in the £2k+ range, I sincerely hope the £18-2000 that's been reported is where it's end and hopefully less.

If it's £18 then I might take 2!

Seriously though, there is a lot of chatter about it being as good as the EK, from what I've seen there is literally no evidence that this is the same, better or worse than the EK, all I've seen is a picture of it. It has a completely different burr to the EK which hopefully means that it will be better but I don't see how it can be the same. Really looking forward to some actual detail on this later in the year.

DE1Pro, EK43 SSP, bloody tasty coffee!

GrindScience.com - My blog of coffee related ramblings

Isn't that simply a K30 with a different burrset / burrholder?

T.

Espresso: Londinium L1, ZR-71 grinder

Photography: Flickr

Got temp control but the air did too

Is it in fact temp control or just a fan which moves air around the insides cooling it down a bit in effect?

T.

Espresso: Londinium L1, ZR-71 grinder

Photography: Flickr

Is it in fact temp control or just a fan which moves air around the insides cooling it down a bit in effect?

T.

Dos it really matter in a home environment, fans are mostly an annoyance. Heating up the burrs, mostly impact your electrical bill.

Unless you are one of a few at CF who plan to use them in a cafe or similar place as designed, I don't see why you would really care about these things.

But yet it mostly moves the air around