Jon

How do the Ceados compare ?

1. You must report it to your retailer, so they can feedback to the manufacturer, otherwise these things don't always get caught and it may be someone at the factory needs a bit of extra training.

2. A stubby screwdriver is not absolutely the right tool for this and you will not get enough torque correctly applied when using one. Now I agree that they shouldn't be in very tight, but even if they were, with the correct screwdrive, you would have found it an awful lot easier.

Look at 7m 30 seconds onwards and you will see their screwdriver on the counter, mine is slightly longer, the handle rubberised and slightly wider. This is the type of screwdriver with the length to allow you to get properly onto the screw and correctly apply torque. A stubby screwdriver is for use when space is limited

I don't understand why you have no retailer to report to....or was it a used grinder? If it was used, perhaps the person before you overtightened it. It's very easy to over tighten in Al alloy and it does tend to grab more when you're trying to remove it.

He bought it used of ebay.

AKA Toffee chips

The use of a drill was worrying indeed, but I had a correct size stubby screwdriver and could not muster the strength to do it without potentially injuring myself.

I am ultimately puzzled at the tightness - it was absurd!

(I also have no retailer to report to.)

Trying to PM you:

Beanosaurus has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.

The Artist Formerly Known As 'jonc' | All the gear, almost no idea.

jonc

anton78 also owns a Ceado e37s if you still need convincing how good they are? Perhaps drop him a PM?

1. You must report it to your retailer, so they can feedback to the manufacturer, otherwise these things don't always get caught and it may be someone at the factory needs a bit of extra training.

2. A stubby screwdriver is not absolutely the right tool for this and you will not get enough torque correctly applied when using one. Now I agree that they shouldn't be in very tight, but even if they were, with the correct screwdrive, you would have found it an awful lot easier.

Look at 7m 30 seconds onwards and you will see their screwdriver on the counter, mine is slightly longer, the handle rubberised and slightly wider. This is the type of screwdriver with the length to allow you to get properly onto the screw and correctly apply torque. A stubby screwdriver is for use when space is limited

I don't understand why you have no retailer to report to....or was it a used grinder? If it was used, perhaps the person before you overtightened it. It's very easy to over tighten in Al alloy and it does tend to grab more when you're trying to remove it.

I know where it came from originally so will drop the supplier an email as I have an account with them.

Also I settled on the stubby because I felt I could apply the most amount of tension.

It may well have been to do with the previous owner, it might have been down to Ceado - whatever the case I found the same to be true of the Allen head screws when I removed the chute, very tight indeed.

Nonetheless I wouldn't want people out there to be potentially making a mess of their equipment, I can only speak from what I've experienced.

Beans, beans the musical fruit, the more you drink, the more you... *tremors uncontrollably* 😬 

jonc

anton78 also owns a Ceado e37s if you still need convincing how good they are? Perhaps drop him a PM?

Cheers - I don't doubt their 'goodness' just trying to understand pros and cons vs the mythos which I actually have ZERO gripes with. Oh, except for its immense size.

Not sure if this is the best place to ask but how would the 37s compare to hg1?

Not sure anyone has had either side by side

I write a blog, it's nothing to do with coffee ...

https://rjwinc.wordpress.com

Instagram - rjw_inc

I've just been exchanging a few mails with Jens, sounds like there will be a bunch of different glass hopper options in future, made to order, not just what's listed on the site.

I'm looking forward to a 300g scalloped one in grey when the time comes... just means living with the Ceado monster hopper for what could be a few months. She'll love that! :D

Londinium R | Ceado E37S | Torr Goldfinger

I've just been exchanging a few mails with Jens, sounds like there will be a bunch of different glass hopper options in future, made to order, not just what's listed on the site.

I'm looking forward to a 300g scalloped one in grey when the time comes... just means living with the Ceado monster hopper for what could be a few months. She'll love that! :D

€250 - bargain.

Shhhhhhhhh.

I'm taking it more from the point of view that it's still weighing in well under what I had originally expected to spend on a grinder, and trying to forget about the rest.

jonc, you blow lots of hot air. perhaps you could cast one cheaper......(it is a joke, before you start!)

jonc, you blow lots of hot air. perhaps you could cast one cheaper......(it is a joke, before you start!)

Hilarious.

(But I think if we ran a 'hot air poll' on here you'd win hands down.)

€250 - bargain.

They are hand blown and even with a glass hopper purchased at 250 euro it will still be less than an e37 from here!

AKA Toffee chips

Sorry I never got back to you, unfortunately these will come with the huge hopper, however a small Mazzer hopper

Can be got for around £20. The glass will come online later this year for these and I must say they are beautiful, Jenns will

Sort us out a special price nearer the time for those that were in the group buy

AKA Toffee chips

No worries at all. I'm in the vicinity of Bella Barista pretty frequently in my travels so may pick one up, but for the sake of a few months I'll probably just stick with mega-hopper, maybe even get a little creative with it if it proves to be even larger than I'm visualising it to be.

Is BB the best place to pick up a mini hopper and lid?

Izzo Alex Duetto | Ceado E37s | Minor obsession with home automation

It's the cheapest I've found by a fair bit, especially if you can collect.

I bought one from Alchemy a while ago. I think that it was £15 delivered, and came with the lid which the BB ones didn't.

You might have to email Paul as I don't think that they were on the website to buy direct.

BOOM! You've just been onomatopoeia'd

Mister_Tad

This is what a Ceado e37 with a standard sized hopper looks like in relation to a Brewtus IV. Much better WAF, I'm sure you'll agree?

5d50f0a9bb8c2518575d63e9579e651c.jpg

Definitely. But then I'm growing fond of the idea of unboxing and using the stock hopper, and forgetting to mention the fact that I'll be replacing it with something smaller, shinier and glass at some point. Keeps her on her toes.

Maybe I'll buy her the glass hopper for our anniversary :D