Jon

How do the Ceados compare ?

split from caedo group buy posts mr boots2u

Edited by Mrboots2u

The Artist Formerly Known As 'jonc' | All the gear, almost no idea.

Split form the group buy thread....

Very tempted by the e92. I have been pondering over buying an E10 for a few months now and this has put a spanner in the works. I cant seem to find much information on here about the Caedo as they seem to be pretty rare. Any input to sway me to get this over an e10?

Edited by Mrboots2u

Very tempted by the e92. I cant seem to find much information on here about the Caedo as they seem to be pretty rare. Any input to sway me to get this over an e10?

Look no further than this extensive and excellent review written by DavecUK

http://www.bellabarista.co.uk/pdf/CeadoCoffeeGrinderReviewv1.5.pdf

Hopefully that will get a few more names on the group buy lists!

Edited by DoubleShot

How does the E37 compare to the Mythos please?

It looks smaller - BONUS!

Not a fair comparison with a Mythos One, is it from a pricing perspective? £1,599 from BB and that's currently with £100 off!

e37 is relatively small and quiet too compared to lots of other good quality grinders.

Not a fair comparison with a Mythos One, is it from a pricing perspective?

I don't have a Mythos One - just a Mythos; and just pondering if swapping for the smaller size of the Ceado (which I was looking at pre-mythos) would result in a big step backward or not...

Just wondered HOW it compared i.e. it is slightly less consistent, much less consistent, quieter (I don't know what else!) etc, etc.

So 'fairness' doesn't really come into it! I'm not giving the Ceado stick - just asking a question...

Love the squat, businesslike look of this grinder.

Reminds me of an old school prop forward just patiently sitting there, waiting to mangle the opposition.

So CCs picture is basically Geoff Probyn wearing a very nice hat :)

If I hadn't already bought a very nice grinder, for an even nicer price, then I would be signing up for this for sure. Doesn't look like you could beat it without significant increase in footprint/headroom.

BOOM! You've just been onomatopoeia'd

How does the E37 compare to the Mythos please?

It looks smaller - BONUS!

i would imagine it would compare similarly in the cup, it is a lot smaller and much more kitchen friendly, recon you could swap that mythos over for one of these.

AKA Toffee chips

i would imagine it would compare similarly in the cup, it is a lot smaller and much more kitchen friendly, recon you could swap that mythos over for one of these.

Cheers. Would like to play with one - will have to watch videos instead... Decisions, decisions!

Not a fair comparison with a Mythos One, is it from a pricing perspective? £1,599 from BB and that's currently with £100 off!

e37 is relatively small and quiet too compared to lots of other good quality grinders.

Would it be a fair comparison with the original Mythos though?

Edit - nevermind, bit slow replying there.

Mythos v E37s......mythos, 75 mm burrs, Ceado 83mm....that is where the biggest difference will be in the cup. The aesthetics are what they are. Much smaller, prettier as well, especially with the glass hopper, and more importantly, half the price now or roughly the same as a second hand Mythos.

I fail to understand what the hell you are prevaricating for!

I can see the usual suspects all saying just after the door closes, I wish I had.....

Buy the damn things.....cannot you see a gift horse in the mouth! I would not buy the conical version at retail but would consider it if I did not have an E10

I'm gonna pitch in here and say E92 is the finest grinder I have ever used....really really super practical for single dosing (in fact in the home you will "have" to single dose. Retention is almost nothing (when modded like mine), about 0.5g at most. Should last a lifetime. At the price I think if your considering a big conical, you would be mad to not buy the E92. The way the whole burr assembly/motor is done as a single assembled unit and then rubber mounted into the case, delivers exceptional grind quality as burr alignment is good. it's also really small for such a powerful large conical and does not look oversized in the home kitchen, unlike most other large conicals.

I've nothing to gain here, but personally I consider these to be a much better grinder than a Compak

bloody hell boots, im just writing my post and the rug gets pulled from under me!!!

My reviews at http://coffeestuff.byethost12.com/ (now ad free)

Crem One 2B DBPP (pre production), ACS Vesuvius DBPP, Izzo Duetto DB, Minima DB, Lelit Bianca Prototype DBPP , Lelit Mara X Prototype, BTC Machines: Roasters: Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster, other failed roasters: Grinders: Ceado E92, Niche US and UK, Eureka Atom Speciality 75, Eureka "Blow UP System", VDT Vibration thing: My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/ (old site)

My pleasure Dave

4 places left on the group buy thread for these grinders...

I write a blog, it's nothing to do with coffee ...

https://rjwinc.wordpress.com

Instagram - rjw_inc

I've nothing to gain here, but personally I consider these to be a much better grinder than a Compak

Do I infer correctly that this extends to the E8/E37S match up as well as the conical?

I kind of overlooked the Ceado initially, as opposed to specifically discount it, simply because I had come across more vocal enthusiasm for the new Compaks.

Londinium R | Ceado E37S | Torr Goldfinger

bloody hell boots, im just writing my post and the rug gets pulled from under me!!!

That was my doing, I asked Mrboots2u if he'd be kind enough to move all talk about comparisons between e37 etc and other grinders to a thread of its own rather than clutter up coffeechap's group buy thread.

I kind of overlooked the Ceado initially, as opposed to specifically discount it, simply because I had come across more vocal enthusiasm for the new Compaks.

Before I purchased my e37 around end of Oct last year, don't think I had read comments on here about anyone owning one or talking about them. Hence why you've probably not considered them before. Whereas Compak grinders seem to be all the range lately, even more so after CamV6's 'life changing experience' thread!

Do I infer correctly that this extends to the E8/E37S match up as well as the conical?

Yes.

I personally cannot see why the VERY deep and large E8 would deserve a home in a Kitchen and then there is simply no comparison with how easy the Ceado is to open and clean. Burr design is gopod, not too fast (which i personally believe can be a problem and simply the design of the burr motor assembly. The E37S of course is a grinder that does NOT lend itself to single dosing and is best run with beans in the hopper, perversely the opposite of it's bigger brother....retention on the E37S was again pretty low for that class of grinder.

the Ceados are really good, the reason you didn't hear enough about these 2 grinders was because Ceado did not seem to realise they will NEVER break into the commercial market in a big way in the UK and didn't realise there was a domestic marker potentially larger than the commercial one they didn't see the domestic market as something they could sell to, bit silly really! I suspect that they might be starting to think a little differently now. I have recently tested some other make of grinders and found em all a bit meh!. I also have some mopre Compaks to test. i'm sure they will be OK, but good as the Ceados...no I don't think so.

My reviews at http://coffeestuff.byethost12.com/ (now ad free)

Crem One 2B DBPP (pre production), ACS Vesuvius DBPP, Izzo Duetto DB, Minima DB, Lelit Bianca Prototype DBPP , Lelit Mara X Prototype, BTC Machines: Roasters: Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster, other failed roasters: Grinders: Ceado E92, Niche US and UK, Eureka Atom Speciality 75, Eureka "Blow UP System", VDT Vibration thing: My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/ (old site)

Here is a controversial question. Why on earth would you buy a top range on demand grinder then single dose? The faff a nd carry on you have to go through is a lot worse than anything imaginable. The whole point of on demand is click and grind, not stroke it, put a puffer through it, turn it upside down, etc etc

The e8 really aren't that big with a small hopper on

They may be little deeper than an caedo...but less wide depth is less than a Vesuvius for example

Instagram - rjw_inc

My pleasure Dave

4 places left on the group buy thread for these grinders...

actually minimum of 4 maximum of 10

AKA Toffee chips

@ DavecUK I ask out of genuine interest and nothing more....

In what way(s) Would the caedo e92 be a better grinder than a compak e10? Leaving aside comparative size of the actual unit do you mean simply better in the cup or better to work with for example.

As I say I don't ask as a prelude to a disagreement of any sort, I'd just like your views

Londinium L1 Luxe - Compak E10 - Macap M7 - Brita Aquaquell - Torr Trapez Tamper - IMS Shower screen - IMS & VST baskets

i will be getting an e37s and an e92 from jenns and will do a direct side by side with the compak grinders. the price that jenns is doing that e92 is exceptional, I don't think you will see another deal like this.

AKA Toffee chips

I'd very much like to see a side by side comparison of the Ceado's. I'm hearing voices telling me to upgrade to an e92! So much for me thinking I'd be immune to the upgraditus bug after purchasing an e37 not more than 6 months ago!

@ DavecUK I ask out of genuine interest and nothing more....

In what way(s) Would the caedo e92 be a better grinder than a compak e10? Leaving aside comparative size of the actual unit do you mean simply better in the cup or better to work with for example.

As I say I don't ask as a prelude to a disagreement of any sort, I'd just like your views

It just will be right :)

Instagram - rjw_inc