coffeechap

Time for a forum day at RAVE coffee

Look like i'm ready to duff someone in the fourth from last picture

Looks like Jeebsy stole my arm in the very last photo ( At least i appeared somewhere not in the crowd :))

Thanks for the pictures Tony, appreciate the record of a good day.

John

Roasters: BB Dalian Amazon 1kg -Power contolled GeneCafe 101- 106Kg of greens - Tonino

Espresso: Londinium L2 - Gaggia G105 - Silvia v3 Mr.Shades PID'-d - Faema E92a2 (Project) - MyPressi Twist - VST baskets / Motta Europa (350/500/750ml) - Torr Ti 58.55 & Goldfinger flat 58.4 TiBlack, Pullman 51.4 - Acaia x2

Grinders: Flats: Compak R120 - NS Mythos plus Conics: Compak K10PB - Lido 3

Brewed: Behmor Brazen - Moccamaster KBGT471 - Aeropress - V60 - Cona model D - Clever - Mizudashi - 8-10 + 6 cup Chemex

Water: BWT Bestmax V Refrac: VST III

and a Puq Press not in a pear tree..

Question..... Who remembers any details about the cold brew we tried on the Rave day?

I want to try replicating that and as such need ALL details but in particular those of the filtering used.

Yeah OK, I was there to learn stuff about espresso so I wasn't really interested in what was being said until after I tasted it and by then it was too late 23k9ox1.jpg

The Systemic Kid used a Hario Mizudashi cold brew glass jug unless I'm mistaken?

Right Doubleshot - used a Mizudashi. 80grms > 1000grms - 24hr brew - then filtered through V60 to take out fines.

Londinium-R - EKS43 running SSP Silver Knight burrs

I, like many others in attendance, enjoyed your presentation on the brew station. 🏻

You know what, looking back, I recall again what a good day this was

Londinium L1 Luxe - Compak E10 - Macap M7 - Brita Aquaquell - Torr Trapez Tamper - IMS Shower screen - IMS & VST baskets

Got to admit Systematic whilst I was really looking forward to tasting coffee from elite machines using elite grinders made by elite (ahem!) coffee aficionados, looking back the highlight for me was your cold brew.

I couldn't get over the fact I could actually taste somrthing other than bitter coffee. I smelt and tasted fresh Nectarine it was lush!

So even though I was totally engrossed I have slept since then and would appreciate your recipe and method because as a summer drink it would really hit the spot. Coould you also remind me about the water because you said there was a particular element in the water that mafe a difference anf to look out for. I'm currently usingAshbeck but it might not be right.

Gaggia Classic w/silvia wand and PID, Brasilia RR55OD, Motta 58mm tamper, Motta Stainless Steel knock box, Motta Stainless Steel 350 & 500ml Milk Frothing Jugs, Brewista scales, Tiamo tamping station, Notneutral cups & mugs. Technovorm Mochamaster, Clever Dripper, Aeropress....Lots of determination.

Right Doubleshot - used a Mizudashi. 80grms > 1000grms - 24hr brew - then filtered through V60 to take out fines.

What type of grind coarseness did you do this with? Sounds like it was rather popular.

Everything my heart could desire (more or less). . .

https://cupperjoe.com

Same grind as for Chemex - which is quite coarse - 20 notches on the Lido 2. Wanted to be able to filter, after brewing, through V60. Grinding finer makes post brew filtering much more difficult.

Londinium-R - EKS43 running SSP Silver Knight burrs

Same grind as for Chemex - which is quite coarse - 20 notches on the Lido 2. Wanted to be able to filter, after brewing, through V60. Grinding finer makes post brew filtering much more difficult.

Oh final question, did you add additional water to it, after it had brewed?

Everything my heart could desire (more or less). . .

https://cupperjoe.com

...away on hol in motorhome at mo. in third week out of four. Sitting outside in the shade of trees with a delicious cool breeze latticed with barbecue fragrances, and a pint-sized G&T loaded with ice...

image.jpg

(quick happysnap during Murray/Popsicle 1/4-final roof break)

seem em to have unwanted images attached but can't shake them off... iPads for you!

Edited by The Systemic Kid

QM Verona with 0.5mm gicleur & IMS 200µm screen; Mazzers SJ & Royal with single-dose mods and precision adjustment dials by timmyjj21; naked PF; VSTs 15, 18, 20 & 22; Chinese Distribution Thing; Pergtamp & Torr XS convex; Brewista & other scales; Brita Pro Quell 1200; Gene Café 101A. Loadsa bits'n'pieces 'cos too much is never enough!

Thanx Jeebs, for ur like.

Have you you looked at http://coffeeforums.co.uk/showthread.php?22928-Time-for-a-forum-day-at-RAVE-coffee&p=323228#post323228? (post 644).

Enjoy.

Tony.

QM Verona with 0.5mm gicleur & IMS 200µm screen; Mazzers SJ & Royal with single-dose mods and precision adjustment dials by timmyjj21; naked PF; VSTs 15, 18, 20 & 22; Chinese Distribution Thing; Pergtamp & Torr XS convex; Brewista & other scales; Brita Pro Quell 1200; Gene Café 101A. Loadsa bits'n'pieces 'cos too much is never enough!