DoubleShot

Jeebsy's Glasgow Farmers Market Stall

jeebsy

How did the coffee stall at the weekend go? Sorry if it's been discussed elsewhere but didn't notice a thread about it?

The first one is this weekend

jeebsy

How did the coffee stall at the weekend go? Sorry if it's been discussed elsewhere but didn't notice a thread about it?

I was also anticipating a thread in its own right when the time comes.

I was also anticipating a thread in its own right when the time comes.

If you hear nothing you know it's probably been sufficiently disastrous to be banished from memory and never talked about again...

If you hear nothing you know it's probably been sufficiently disastrous to be banished from memory and never talked about again...

That's not going to happen; some apprehension is understandable balanced with positive self talk and a forum group hug.

That's not going to happen; some apprehension is understandable balanced with positive self talk and a forum group hug.

As long as my equipment works it should go OK but i'm visualising worst case scenarios for a bit of a reality check....i'm seeing people spitting their flat whites out appauled they taste of strawberry milkshake instead of 'coffee'

Probably worth considering something a little more...'middle of the road' taste wise whilst trying to build up a customer base, rather than going straight in with something fancy like strawberry milkshake flavoured coffee and scaring the punters off!

Who aspires to middle of the road? Dare to be different.

Not as in quality but as in tasting notes. i.e. something that tastes more like traditional coffee rather than say a milkshake which might not appeal to everyone. Only a suggestion.

Nah. Where's the fun in that? If it goes down like a lead balloon i'll choose a more coffee coffee for next time round but i want to bring something different to the table.

As long as my equipment works it should go OK but i'm visualising worst case scenarios for a bit of a reality check....i'm seeing people spitting their flat whites out appauled they taste of strawberry milkshake instead of 'coffee'

Ain't that the truth for many things in life ;-)

There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Manic Obsession"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Expobar Brewtus DB, Mazzer SJ, Sowden, V60, Aeropress and all sorts

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Currently enjoying LSOL

And if that fails you know you can rely on us to rip the pish out of you mercilessly!

There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Manic Obsession"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Expobar Brewtus DB, Mazzer SJ, Sowden, V60, Aeropress and all sorts

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Currently enjoying LSOL

If it goes down like a lead balloon i'll choose a more coffee coffee for next time round but i want to bring something different to the table.

I'd go with a more conservative strategy of getting punters in first, let the word of mouth spread 'then' introduce something different. If you have next to no punters from the start because they don't like what you're serving, could become an uphill struggle. Bad word spreads like wild fire!

I'd go with a more conservative strategy of getting punters in first, let the word of mouth spread 'then' introduce something different. If you have next to no punters from the start because they don't like what you're serving, could become an uphill struggle. Bad word spreads like wild fire!

If i was opening a shop i'd have a coffee with more traditional tasting notes as the house bean and something more out there as a guest, but with a stall with minimal overheads i'm taking the risky route.

Farmer's markets in Glasgow

Farmer's markets in Glasgow

Nice one :good:

The Fracino Classic I bought for the very same idea is still sitting in it's packaging, so good luck to you.

Looking forward to hearing how it went.

Coffee enema anyone?

Posts moved from Wanted thread...

Home Barista Training - contact me to discuss your requirements

Nice one :good:

The Fracino Classic I bought for the very same idea is still sitting in it's packaging, so good luck to you.

Looking forward to hearing how it went.

Yes I managed a similar number of outings too...

The Artist Formerly Known As 'jonc' | All the gear, almost no idea.

If i was opening a shop i'd have a coffee with more traditional tasting notes as the house bean and something more out there as a guest, but with a stall with minimal overheads i'm taking the risky route.

I assume, in any event, you will have a random tasting notes generator for customers as one of your unique selling points.

Awesome mate, great idea, l and props for having the balls to go out there and do it!!!

DE1Pro, EK43 SSP, bloody tasty coffee!

GrindScience.com - My blog of coffee related ramblings

I assume, in any event, you will have a random tasting notes generator for customers as one of your unique selling points.

Not that I'm trying to make work for you but you could generate some hype and sales by having 3 different boxes each with 3 different tasting notes on the outside. Each person sticks a ticket in the box they think they're tasting and you could give away a 250g bag to the randomly drawn winner from the correct entries.

Just an idea.

The Artist Formerly Known As 'jonc' | All the gear, almost no idea.

"I'm getting summer fruits, wildebeest and Debbie McGee's socks from this"

Looking forward to swinging by!

No pressure!