twotone

Coffee Compass - Brighton Lanes Blend - and other beans

I have them in milk as a cappa but tasting the espresso then it's perfect, no acidity or bitterness just real nice coffee.

Well impressed, will definitely be buying these again.

Looking forward to hearing your comments on the other two beans you ordered from Coffee Compass too. Need to work my way through the three different beans from my Rave order, then I think Smallbatch might be next, followed by Coffee Compass. Can't wait to try Brighton Lanes Blend!

Hmm Koffster ..blast from the past....

I thought Brighton Lanes was more 87.56% tbh

Looking forward to hearing your comments on the other two beans you ordered from Coffee Compass too. Need to work my way through the three different beans from my Rave order, then I think Smallbatch might be next, followed by Coffee Compass. Can't wait to try Brighton Lanes Blend!

Will do DS, btw these BL beans are the easiest beans to use that I've used for a long time, no dialing in and no waste, first espresso was spot on but I've tightened up the grind a smidgen as the last extraction was a touch quick so will check that out tomorrow.

These beans are so good that my wife actually had two cappas today and she never drinks fresh cofffee, well not mine anyway, she mainly drinks nescafe instant (I know) or M&S latte when she's in town with my daughter.

Which beans did you use immediately prior to Brighton Lanes, that meant almost no need to dial in?

Which beans did you use immediately prior to Brighton Lanes, that meant almost no need to dial in?

Rave's Sig Blend.

I'm finding these beans incredibly easy to use, the recipe in that link I posted is more or less spot on for chocolate milkshake type of cappas.

I tried 17g>28> @ about 30secs but it's a bit too 'fruity' a bit sharp tasting in the cup as an espresso however 17g>32g @ about 35secs is perfect with no aftertaste whatsoever.

They really are idiot proof these beans:coffee:

Have to say I find most all coffeecompass beans easy to work with. I'm sitting on 500g Papua New Guinea Elimbari A that Richard recommended. Can't wait.

Espresso: Ceado E92 (modified for single dose); Vesuvius; VST baskets and refractometer.

Other: Aeropress, Sowden and Alessi Moka Pot; Mazzer Robur doser with Auber timer; Mazzer Mini E; Expobar Leva Dual Boiler

Ordered a bag of the lanes today, wanted to see what all the fuss is about!

We shall see....

Twitter @Froggystyle

I'm sitting on 500g Papua New Guinea Elimbari A that Richard recommended..

Sounds uncomfortable!

Londinium L1 Luxe - Compak E10 - Macap M7 - Brita Aquaquell - Torr Trapez Tamper - IMS Shower screen - IMS & VST baskets

Brighton Lanes Blend...the new Italian Job as far as popularity goes! [emoji4]

Tried these over the weekend, roasted 17th so maybe a few days early but i have enough to take me into the 10 day mark.

The wife likes them, 6oz flattie and she is happy, says they taste lovely.

For me, nice enough in a flattie, better black with a dash of hot water, but i want more from them i think.

Been pulling 30g from 19g in about 30 seconds, not played with them any further than that though.

Need to fire the gene up i think, have plenty of greens but been a bit lazy the last few weeks, need to go dark and satisfy my needs.

Twitter @Froggystyle

I loved them, 17g>32g in about 35 seconds was perfect but I drink mainly milk based coffee, got a load of nuts from them & not one sinked shot or wasted grind.

Hard to mess them up though, I tried 17g>36G & 17g>28g with all them decent however the nicest, IMO, was the above.

I'm onto the sweet bourbon espresso blend now which is just a wee bit better than the BL blend but not much better, the tasting notes are pretty much spot on and the recipes so far have been as the BL 17g>32G in about 35 seconds and again no waste or sink shots however I find that these beans need to be a wee bit finer ground than the BL blend.

I'm making cortados with the SBEB now and the coffee is a bit strong tasting not nasty or anything though but there are loads of nuts coming through the milk and chocolate too. I'm down to 16g>32g in about 35 seconds with the same amount of steamed milk.

I've still a bag of Java Jampit estate to open and really looking forward to those.

The beans from coffeecompass are fantastic I think, very fresh and very very easy to get right, I'll definitely be buying more this week from them as I'll be into the jampit beans by Friday.

Tony

[h=3][/h]

[h=3][/h][h=3][/h]

I've still a bag of Java Jampit estate to open and really looking forward to those.

An SO?

Be interesting to hear how you get on with it given your previous bad experiences with SOs

Be interesting to hear how you get on with it given your previous bad experiences with SOs

Well if they are half as good as the two previous blends then I'll be one happy guy and I'm sure they will be.

What's the roast levl like on these?

I ordered some Malawi Giesha from coffee compass a while ago and found it over roasted for my tastes.

What's the roast levl like on these?

I ordered some Malawi Giesha from coffee compass a while ago and found it over roasted for my tastes.

between medium and dark in my eyes, did spot a couple of beans had oil on them.

Twitter @Froggystyle