Sign in to follow this  
audio2

Shower Screen

I damaged the origional shower screen when I took it off to clean it & then reinstalled it with the cone shaped piece in the wrong place. I purchases a replacement from Happy Donkey but it is not the same as the origional and now the flow through the brew head is much quicker. Is this likely to be caused by the new shower screen?

It's in the Silvia forum....

Possibly. When you say the flow through the brew head is quicker, is this just as water or when pulling a shot? was this a gereric or an IMS screen? Have you damaged the cone in any way?

If pulling a shot then you could try grinding a bit finer, short term, whilst looking at the above.

Pretty sure saw some Rancilio original shower screens at Bella Barista today for £1.99 (plus postage if not able to visit):

http://www.bellabarista.co.uk/rancilio-silvia-shower-screen.html

Hope of help and not suggesting the one you have from happy Donkey not an original just offering up an alternative.

John

Roasters: BB Dalian Amazon 1kg -Power contolled GeneCafe 101- 106Kg of greens - Tonino

Espresso: Londinium L2 - Gaggia G105 - Silvia v3 Mr.Shades PID'-d - Faema E92a2 (Project) - MyPressi Twist - VST baskets / Motta Europa (350/500/750ml) - Torr Ti 58.55 & Goldfinger flat 58.4 TiBlack, Pullman 51.4 - Acaia x2

Grinders: Flats: Compak R120 - NS Mythos plus Conics: Compak K10PB - Lido 3

Brewed: Behmor Brazen - Moccamaster KBGT471 - Aeropress - V60 - Cona model D - Clever - Mizudashi - 8-10 + 6 cup Chemex

Water: BWT Bestmax V Refrac: VST III

and a Puq Press not in a pear tree..

It was a generic screen & the water was coming through the shot faster. I think i will buy one of the screens from Bella Barista & try that. Thanks for your helpful replies.

You are welcome and 2 options open to you as regards replacement in that the stock one is £1.99 and they also stock the IMS screen for the Silvia for £12.99 which offers up a better water distribution to the puck than the original ( is one of the shiny things was picking up yesterday...) both being plus postage.

Not that they need to have me drumming up trade for them but might be handy to add a grouphead gasket to keep for when needed (again a couple of pounds for the rancilio one) if not making any difference to the postage cost, if that makes sense.

regards

John

Roasters: BB Dalian Amazon 1kg -Power contolled GeneCafe 101- 106Kg of greens - Tonino

Espresso: Londinium L2 - Gaggia G105 - Silvia v3 Mr.Shades PID'-d - Faema E92a2 (Project) - MyPressi Twist - VST baskets / Motta Europa (350/500/750ml) - Torr Ti 58.55 & Goldfinger flat 58.4 TiBlack, Pullman 51.4 - Acaia x2

Brewed: Behmor Brazen - Moccamaster KBGT471 - Aeropress - V60 - Cona model D - Clever - Mizudashi - 8-10 + 6 cup Chemex

I have now received the shower screen from Bella Barista which is the same as the old damaged one. It has less larger holes in a square pattern round the central hole, the happy donkey one has more smaller holes in a circular pattern round the central hole. I will probably have to adjust the grind again to get the pouring time to about 25 seconds. Thanks once again for your help.

Welcome and let us know if this cures your problem.

regards

john