I settled down to watch the final of Crufts yesterday and was left in disbelief when I heard the announcement that one of the dogs that had been competing had died after being apparently poisoned. I hope this doesnt turn out to be the case, but whatever the outcome the owners have my sympathy for the tragic loss of their dog.

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2015/mar/08/dog-world-asks-whodunnit-over-death-of-irish-setter-after-crufts

• Replies 901
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

New addition to the family Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

100% scruffbag

Just a regular Sunday morning here, listening to a few records . . .    Can we have this one please?! hey! Turn it up! I like this bit! happy, peaceful Sunday everyone ? 

Posted Images

Got 5 pinball tables. An old eletro mechanical, the Mr & Mrs Pac Man, Judge Dredd, Roadshow and No Fear. Id buy more but Ive run out of room and Mrs WD wouldnt be happy if I started bringing them into the house.

Always remember my dads Big Ben pinball, sold it like the fool he is, worth a few quid now!

I settled down to watch the final of Crufts yesterday and was left in disbelief when I heard the announcement that one of the dogs that had been competing had died after being apparently poisoned. I hope this doesnt turn out to be the case, but whatever the outcome the owners have my sympathy for the tragic loss of their dog.

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2015/mar/08/dog-world-asks-whodunnit-over-death-of-irish-setter-after-crufts

Dogs die most year at crufts, needs to be abolished!

yeah, and we should abolish horse racing whilst were at it, and F1, people die there too,and I recall a footballer died as well,,,, but then they choose whether to take part I suppose you'll say

yeah, and we should abolish horse racing whilst were at it, and F1, people die there too,and I recall a footballer died as well,,,, but then they choose whether to take part I suppose you'll say

We should just abolish people

I love dogs, and they love me. :D Can't have any in the flat though.

For some reason, they gravitate to me. Even ones that are guide dogs in training end up coming over to me. They seem to know I'm a soft touch for tummy rubs. ;)

Other half's dad has 2 labs. 1 black and 1 chocolate. That's a proper sized dog. I'd like a German Shepherd or a Rhodesian Ridgeback *preferably one that would normally be killed due to not having the spina bifida defect*, something that sort of size anyway. There's a few Huskies in Hitchin, and they are absolutely gorgeous. But in summer they suffer. A couple of years back they were essentially shaved to cool them down. One had a mohawk and another had a few polka dots left.

Hi all

this thread brings back so many memories for me, When I was a nipper we always had dogs at home, all sorts most of them were mongrels.

that all changed when mum decided to get a boxer, what a lunatic and bloody fast used to out run the greyhounds over Tottenham Marshes, and not by a small margin. a couple of the greyhound owners wished she was a Greyhound as they said she would be worth a mint with her speed. But she had a habit, after running straight she would start to go in ever decreasing circles and would not stop till she hit whoever was holding her lead. We were perplexed by this but an answer show its self. she started having fits and it turned out that as a puppy she had got a hefty bash on the head that gave her brain damage, which led to fits. A Grande Mal killed her in the end. we also had another Boxer that was far to clever for her own good, she could open all the kitchen cupboard doors and doors to other rooms. she was also a winter warmer for next doors two elderly cats. she was a great dog.

there are a few more, but don't want to get boring, they were all special in their own ways and even today all are still missed even the 2 rescued GS that my mum took on and they had severe behavioral problems. One thing I will say though is even with the problem dogs none of them was nasty or vicious.

I am a postie and ( I am going to tempt fate here) I have never had and problems with dogs I meet in my job, I think my attitude to them helps as when ever I meet a new dog I try and come across as friendly as I can and make no threatening or what could be construed as threatening by the dog, move towards the owner. Its very rare to find a naturally nasty dog, but the owner is another thing entirely

I have waffled on long enough. You can all wake up now.

Alan

• 2 weeks later...