Coffee Forums banner

Dear Santa, I would like...

24K views 54 replies 34 participants last post by  garydyke1 
#1 ·
It's coming up to the time of year where we are asked the dreaded question "What would you like for Christmas?", and if you're like me, you'll just um and err for a while and then finally fess up to wanting something to do with Coffee or <insert your other hobbies here></insert>

So this year, lets all brainstorm, put a list together of what we would like, and then over the next month we can source the suppliers with the keenest prices and list them here too.

Then not only will we have a list of ideas to hand, but also price points and suggested retailers too.

I'll kick off the list with a Hario Coffee Siphon 2 cup

I look forward to seeing your ideas and aspirations, which should be inspiration for all

#4 ·
This is easy!!

A day trip to Bella Barista where I can "ooohhh" and "aaaarrrrgggg" at the shiny machines. My day would be rounded off with a purchase of either an Izzo MK II or an Alex Mark II.

AND if I've been a good girl, I might even get a Mazzer Mini E as well!!!

#5 ·
Dear Santa Glen, I'd like:

1. a Coffee Consulate Barista Case

2. A lifetimes supply of Operation Cherry Red from James Gourmet Coffee

3. A 12 month Subscription to Squaremile coffee

4. A 12 month Subscription to James Gourmet Coffee

5. A 12 month Subscription to Hasbean coffee

and if Santa's really real then a Synesso Cyncra!

Not too much to ask for as I've been very good.

Jonathan

#6 ·
A great thread Glenn.

On my list this year is:

• Mazzer Super Jolly
  • Reg Barber Tamper
  • 12 months coffee subscription (HasBean/SquareMile)
  • New steam wand for my Gaggia TS
  • Service for my Gaggia TS
  • Barista in the home course

#7 ·
A suggestion tweeted to me was a KeepCup. Must say I love mine (but forgot to take it with me today...) Affordable at under £10 as well. Great stocking fillers

I'll compile the list into categories (price ascending order)

Keep the suggestions coming

#9 ·
In addition to the Expobar Leva Dual Boiler I hope to buy in the next few weeks (finally!) I'd also like:

- Hario Slim hand grinder for grinding coarse beans to complement the Bodum Santos Vac pot I just bought on ebay (£13 seemed like a good deal)

- Reg Barber tamper

- Beans, beans and more beans!

#10 ·
I would love a Gaggia Classic. Think I will buy myself one of ebay before christmas hopefully. I think I have come almost as far as I can with the little De-Longhi and would like something that I can tinker with and get the perfect espresso. I dont think there is much point in me splashing out on a prosumer machine just yet as im still living at home and still at college. Ill keep that for when I get a full time job. My little De-Longhi looks soo out of place next to my Super Jolly!

#12 ·
Ooh this is a hard one.
:eek:

1. New coffee machine! (The thing I have now is so basic, but it's good fun to learn on!)

2. Milk pitcher, thermometer etc.

3. Plenty of Costa Coffee grounds
:D

4. Monin Coffee Syrups.

5. Espresso shot glasses, and coffee cups.

Bit too much maybe! I think a tamper might be in order too, I made the most disgusting espresso shot earlier ...

#13 ·
Dear Santa,

I'm sorry I have not written to you since I was four. I hope you, Mrs Claus and Rudolph are all well. Unlike the bike I asked for when I was 4 this year I would like:

1. Chemex

2. My pressi

3. Vac pot

Thanks again Santa and I promise I'll be a good boy (probably next year though)

Dave

P.s. Would you like some espresso left out instead of boring old milk and cookies?

#14 ·
A genuine Royal Balancing Coffee maker in a wooden box with brass corners and also containing a dozen really thin matching bone china cups (just think Jack Nicholson in The Bucket List and you've got the picture)

Add to that a lifetime supply of quality green beans, my Behmor 1600, Isomac Tea II and Mazzer Mini Electronic and I'd be a happy man!

David

#17 ·
For me it would be a Hario slim grinder and an Aeropress, ideal for holidays etc also the grinder would be quieter than my Ascaso for home use when I'm up early and my wifes asleep I can make fresh coffee.....and if Santa wanted too he could include some nice beans, just to try it on Christmas day purely, as a test of course!

#19 ·
Dear Santa,

I would like all my coffee-loving friends to receive Orphan Espresso dosing funnels in their stockings -- or hanging from the tree, since they come some holiday-cheerful colours. Mine has really sped up and simplified the dosing-and-distribution part of my routine. (Especially - though definitely not exclusively - when I'm updosing.)

For my wife, can you come up with a good American-style filter coffee machine? When she's working at home she usually can't get away from her desk for more than a couple minutes -- enough time to run the grinder, drop in the filter and the coffee, and press start, but not enough to babysit a hand dripper or a syphon.

Me, I think I'm pretty much set for the next year. I wouldn't object to a Eureka Mignon appearing on the counter, but quite honestly I'm doing fine just the way things are.

What would you and the reindeer like? I can leave out a thermos of coffee if you tell me how you take it, or stay up and pull fresh shots for all of you (in which case I suppose that Mignon would come in handy after all). And a bag of beans to take home to Mrs. Claus, of course.

Best,

Chiara's Dad

#20 ·
I would like all my coffee-loving friends to receive Orphan Espresso dosing funnels in their stockings -- or hanging from the tree, since they come some holiday-cheerful colours. Mine has really sped up and simplified the dosing-and-distribution part of my routine. (Especially - though definitely not exclusively - when I'm updosing.)
I have fashioned my own dosing funnel out of an old collapsable plastic travel cup. It was useless as a drinking vessel because it leaked but works very well in its new role. After making it I wondered why something like this wasn't available commercially. I am pleased to see that it is.

#21 ·
Dear Santa,

I would really like a new tamper, a red one would be fine as it will match my knock box. there are other red things you could throw my way if you wished but I cannot afford the petrol just at the moment nor the speeding tickets.

#24 ·
That machine is one seriously stunning piece of kit Ian, "are you making coffee love, No I am mostly at the bridge of the Enterprise fending off Klingons but I might manage a coffee with the residual heat from the phase cannons in a mo"

Don

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.