whiteyj

FOR SALE: 3D Printed Parts

Pm'd you Dan, was posted out a while back so I'll assume Royal Mail have lost it and print off another set.

@Whiteyj

Thanks anyway, I unfortunately don't have a spare PF, but I will keep an eye on this thread to see if anything might come up in the future.

Edited by simon333
punctuation

Fracino Ariete (Classico), Wood Handles, opv 9 bar - Mazzer Royal inc.Titanium Burrs T151B ,Funnel mod + powder coat in progress - Mazzer Super Jolly inc. Cleen sweep doser, new paint job !  - Rancilio Silvia inc. MeCoffee PID, IMS Shower Screen, Silicone Group Head, opv to 9 bar - Gaggia Classic, Silicone Group Head, Rancilio steam arm, opv 9 bar + Other stuff !

Are you still printing off these items?

Wouldn't mind trying one in my PF for the E10, get a fair bit of grinds spilling.

Twitter @Froggystyle

Yep, I print them to order. Drop me a PM if you want to order one and I'll get it printed in the next few days.

Any chance you can send me one so i can check, then maybe change it slightly??

I don't think as standard it will fit on the PF under the spout on the E10, unless someone who has the E10 has one already and can advise?

Twitter @Froggystyle

I wouldn't mind one. Froggy, is the E8 the same size as the E10?

Aaron

Profitec 700 | Compak E8

@Rob1 - Sounds feasible, can I ask what for? I wouldn't bank on being able to print threads - they require some quite intricate detail, and would not be strong enough to stand up to the force required for a tamper.

@simon333 - I haven't got a design for a Silvia funnel yet, purely because I don't have access to a Silvia PF to design around. If you know of any spare PF's that I could borrow for a few days, I would be more than happy to get creating.

I don't think the threads would be a problem re: force of tamping as the rod would come into contact with the base of the tamper thereby preventing any force from being applied to the threads, but I thought printing the threads might be too difficult. It would be cool to make that perfectly even tamp quick and simple to achieve though. At the moment I'm tamping on a surface quite low down and it's difficult to get an even tamp without bending the legs and leaning over...it all feels a little undignified.

ACS Minima (Beta) with Bianca Paddle -- Reskinned Ceado E8, Niche Zero --- Gene Cafe CBR101 with Dimmer Mod and Bean Mass Probe

I think in order to design enough strength into something like that, it would end up being quite big and cumbersome.

Also, 3D printed PLA is not a particularly great material in a constantly stressed environment - the limited longevity of something like that would mean it's not worth it IMO.

There could be potential for designing a frame to repurpose the sprung tampers that are built onto the front of most commercial grinders, but again the design side of it would be pretty time consuming.

Are you still printing off these items?

Wouldn't mind trying one in my PF for the E10, get a fair bit of grinds spilling.

Which way does the E10 have a bias towards?

WATER : BEANS : STUFF

Does it fill up towards the back of pf, front, sides....

So my package turned up finally and a little scuffed so guessing it fell down the back of somewhere and 10 days later my postie must have found it! Better late than never though!

Really happy with my portafilter funnel, fits perfectly and no mess! Also got a little mini hopper made up so i can singe dose if i want and its really neat. It has a little guard to stop the beans popcorning as well. Only downside is that the where the 4 points of the guard meet the funnel the plastic is very thin and one arm has already broken. However this is of no consequence to me really as the hopper is so small that popcorning isn;t really an issue. Here are some pics of the my new kit below. Points to notice are the complete lack of coffee grounds spraying everywhere!! yay! even if i do the thwack thwack really hard! lol Thanks Jet, i'm very happy!

IMG_5566.jpg

IMG_5564.jpg

IMG_5563.jpg

Espresso::Rocket Giotto Evo 2::Mazzer Mini::

Brewed::Eureka Mignon:: Baratza Encore:: V60:: Aeropress::

Great to hear it Dan, glad Royal Mail found it in the end!

Any progress on the shallower drip tray for the Classic? I think the last I read it was warping?

Baratza Preciso - Rancilio Silvia

Yeah, I had forgotten about that to be honest.

I've just started printing one now to see how it comes out - I've solved most of the issues I was having with warping, so with any luck I should have something decent to show by the end of today.

The drip tray is all good to go.

I'll make it slightly deeper so it covers the stainless a bit better, but other than that its great. This one was a fast low quality print, so ignore the poor finish on the top of it (if anyone wants this one, you're welcome to it for the cost of postage - £2.80).

These are £15 plus postage - PM me if you want one, but I won't be able to get any printed up before the weekend now.

2015-04-29 19.13.04.jpg

2015-04-29 19.12.59.jpg

Up until this thread I did not see much reason for 3d printers in the home environment!

DE1+ (1.1) || Niche || KINU M47,M68 || Aeropress || Aergrind || Kalita 185 || V60 || [email protected]

Behmor 1600 PLUS, modded with beanprobe

The drip tray is all good to go.

This one was a fast low quality print, so ignore the poor finish on the top of it (if anyone wants this one, you're welcome to it for the cost of postage - £2.80).

Will take this one at cost of postage please :)

Happy for me to PM you my details?

MSM

Work: Fracino Cherub (OPV mod), La Pavoni Europiccola (with added pressure gauge), Brazen Plus, V60, Aeropress, Mazzer Royal (titanium burrs), Compak K3 Touch, Gold finger 58.55 Sharp Edge, Reg Barber 58.35mm C-Ripple...

Home: Gaggia Classic (PID, and usual mods), Mazzer Super Jolly (and usual mods), Torr Goldfinger Convex 58.4mm, Torr 58.4mm Soft Convex Ebony XS "Vintage Brass"...

Is that so you can fit a bigger cup under the spouts?

Is that so you can fit a bigger cup under the spouts?

Yup, classic drip tray is so close to the pf, with spouts and scales in the mix you end up with a tiny espresso cup.

Twitter @Froggystyle

Will take this one at cost of postage please :)

Happy for me to PM you my details?

MSM

Bugger you beat me too it, damn tapatalk!

Baratza Preciso - Rancilio Silvia

• About
    Coffee Forums UK is the UK's premier coffee forum Started in June 2008 by Glenn Watson, we now have more than 24000 mainly UK based members, and welcome more than 3000 members and visitors from around the world each day! With strategic investment and digital expertise from the Jackson Lockhart team (Tait Pollack and Adam Bateman), we are taking Coffee Forums UK to the next level, and are delighted to share the journey with you.

New Members:
    We are often referred to as the friendliest forum on the web and we look forward to welcoming you onboard. Please read our Terms of Use. We stick by them, existing members please familiarise yourselves with them.

Advertising

Coffee Forums Media Kit

Click Here To Buy Advertising Space 
    £100 p/m when paid yearly, up-to: 690000 banner impressions per month!

coffee-subscription-mini.png

Become a friend of CFUK
    Buy Us A Monthly Coffee (massive thank you!) 

Donate / Sponsor

Click Here To Donate (big thank you!)

Get Your Supporter Badge Today (per year)

image.png

Coffee Forums Logo