Mrboots2u

Compak E8 OD ( Courtesy of Callum T and Foundry Roasters )

I'm planning to buy this grinder. Do you have some information about retention, now that you used it for some time? Thank you! :)

Hi,

I purge 8-9grams every morning and I haven't noticed any taste or quality difference between the first and second shot. I also recall some other owners vouching for those numbers with this grinder.

I had a malfunctioning touch pad that had to be replaced but I'm still very pleased with the price/quality ratio, grind quality, ease of use and general quality feel of this grinder.

I have 2 questions.

see picture it is diffecult to explain, on the messing by the black arrows (there are 3 openings, one on the back side) and there is one tabs (pin) on the messing house that keep the Burr.

Where did i start when put it back in (is there a refference)????

2015_11_08_08_27_39.jpg

2 The letters on the regulator are printing on the regulator but it seems like there release (loose) see unther the zero, so i can write it back with a pencil or is there a better solution.

But i,m the only one have this issue.

2015_11_08_09_57_32.jpg

Edwin, sorry for the late reply, and I guess you already solved your problem?

I run mine without the 'locking pin'. I also opened mine once and put back the upper burr carrier in a different position so now my espresso is around mark 25. I don't think it matters much.

Looks like Reiss is enjoying his RedSpeed upgrade! Might be of interest to anyone looking to buy an E8. Just to be completely open, both Londinium and ourselves sell these grinders. https://londiniumespresso.com/blog/compak-essential-on-demand-grinder-e8-with-red-speed-burrs

Did anyone end up measuring the retention on these grinders? Had a look through a few posts but didn't see anything.

Londinium L1 | Compak E8

Great socks shot - why do M&S make plain black socks and then put coloured bits on implying that you should pair them up?

Edited by NickR

Londinium 1, Pharos, Ceado e37s, Gene Cafe, Aerobie

Great socks shot - why do M&S make plain black socks and then put coloured bits on implying that you should pair them up?

So they'll fade through washing at the same rate.

So they'll fade through washing at the same rate.

Drops the mic, doesn't ever post again :-D

Everything my heart could desire (more or less). . .

https://cupperjoe.com