Mrboots2u

Compak E8 OD ( Courtesy of Callum T and Foundry Roasters )

I absolutely love my E10, it just sits and feels right in the kitchen paired with the rocket (although i do find myself looking at the Vesuvius more than i should) , i love the ease of use on it, once you set up the timers and keep the hopper at a suitable level it works a treat in terms of delivering a consistent volume to the basket.

My one and only very small issue is the mess when i am on darker roasts, can miss the catcher at the bottom and go on the side, but a simple brush around is not the end of the world, with the non dark roasts it creates very little mess.

I actually have to open the top of mine up this weekend due to the adjustment plate not sitting completely level, i have mailed Marko at BB and he has been in touch with Compak, they have sent a lit of things to check and i will do this, could have sent it back but as its not affecting the use of it and is only noticeable when you really look for it i will have a crack myself.

As DFK always reminds us, nobody slates the grinder they own, but i really cant find anything that i would change, nothing!

Plus its in Red, which rocks!

Twitter @Froggystyle

As DFK always reminds us, nobody slates the grinder they own, but i really cant find anything that i would change, nothing!

I don't think DFK's claims that no one can look at a grinder they own objectively are entirely correct

Agreed, but i am very close to being one of those persons, apart from the darker roast thing, i see nothing on this grinder i would change for the sole use of Espresso, which is all i use it for its spot on (almost).

Twitter @Froggystyle

I agree with Froggy. using darker beans the E 10 is messy and produces a little static on the lip of the pf holder. I have never tried it out on light stuff but I can imagine that would solve it.

I am waiting for all the ceado bunnies to report back. am expecting it to be a good, solid grinder but I seriously doubt that it is worth the extra£800, or that anyone in their right mind would buy one at full price!

I am waiting for all the ceado bunnies to report back. QUOTE]

Oh the bunnies are in action, the e92 will be sat next to an e10 master conic at the forum day, so people will be able o see them both in action. Having got both grinders I will let people know my thoughts and compare them side by side.

Edited by coffeechap

AKA Toffee chips

@dfk41

There was only two members who purchased an e92 (Obnic & CJohnny), the rest all went for e37s.

Oh and of course coffeechap also now has an e92...well, he would, wouldn't he?

Edited by DoubleShot

there are 5 members that have them though

AKA Toffee chips

someone else, not everyone wants the world to know what kit they have

AKA Toffee chips

DavecUK and who's the fifth?

I am pretty sure its this woman

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14051[/ATTACH]

¿ ǝsǝɥʇ pɐǝɹ ǝuoʎuɐ sǝop

Have you not seen the film fifth element (basically she is in it )

¿ ǝsǝɥʇ pɐǝɹ ǝuoʎuɐ sǝop

I carried a boxed e8 down my stairs this week.....cant be that big if I can do that....old weakling that I am

The E8 and E10 boxes weigh 17.5kg from memory and both grinders are 49.5cm tall. They're surprisingly compact and lightweight considering. Now the Royals I've been lugging around lately, different story altogether!

I agree with Froggy. using darker beans the E 10 is messy and produces a little static on the lip of the pf holder. I have never tried it out on light stuff but I can imagine that would solve it.

I am waiting for all the ceado bunnies to report back. am expecting it to be a good, solid grinder but I seriously doubt that it is worth the extra£800, or that anyone in their right mind would buy one at full price!

Interestingly, Compak are now fitting a dosing curtain to the E10 which will address the problem that some people have had with the coffee not coming straight down the chute into the basket. This part has always been fitted to the E8s but wasn't on the first lot of the latest variant E10s.

Although, we haven't tested any of the new ones, I'm absolutely sure that this will have addressed any issues.

Can you get me one of the dosing curtains by any chance?

Mine is one of the first ones. I find the distribution varies but if I look up the chute I cannot see a gate at all

I heard from Compak that they're sorting you out with some spare parts Dave. They're also going to send us a load of the more common bits and bobs that people tend to need over time so anyone needing anything, let me know and we may be able or sort things out without having to get stuff shipped over from Spain!

Forgot to say there were 3 compaks at the Rave day ( 1 x e10 2 x e 8 )

Fullish hoppers , easy to use , didn't miss a beat

I write a blog, it's nothing to do with coffee ...

https://rjwinc.wordpress.com

Instagram - rjw_inc

Thanks foundry. I did email Compak and they were efficient and helpful. They are sending me a gate. There are two sizes, 0.5 and 1.0 mm and I am getting a smaller one. I have switched over from the 350 gm size to the full hopper. Used to fill the small hopper and not it up until it needed it. Just recently I have been topping up when half empty. Having switched to the larger hopper I put 500 gms in and first few shots ground, were noticeably more even particle wise which resulted in a slower, thicker pour.

For me, it is not an issue putting 500 gms in as that lasts about 5 or 6 days andI would rather have a grinder working properly and risk a slightly staler bean.

Right, short video of the large hopper with 500 gms or sonic it, grinding a double

th_9269447E-0727-4486-B205-478085B285CF_zpslxtgebwr.mp4