Compak E8 OD ( Courtesy of Callum T and Foundry Roasters )

Got one of these on loan at the moment ....

Firstly its once again due to the generosity of forum members. Callum came up one late Wednesday night last week from Sheffield ( after a days work no less ) and dropped this off, fixed a new steam arm to the V and we stayed and made coffee and chatted .

Not had an espresso grinder for a little bit as my EK43 is out on loan , so this is very welcome ...

Callum and Foundry top guys .....

Back to the grinder 83 mm flat burrs . Compak by name , compact by nature , Its not huge ( for a coffee shop grinder ) . With the small hopper it looks smaller than the Vesuvius ...

P1030309_zpshk9trolu.jpg

It has an stepless adjustment mech thats easy to use

e3_zpsls53i6rd.jpg

Here is where the magic comes out....

P1030312_zpslcpucuq1.jpg

Here is the touch screen for adjusting times

e4_zpskxprrzu9.jpg

I just finished using it for 4 x double shots for latte art practice . 18 g into 18g vst

Here is the spray of ground left around the grinder and in the tray ....

P1030307_zpsonttbvvv.jpg

P1030308_zpsqvmjadtk.jpg

Err yep there is nothing there...and I'm wearing odd socks ( its the end of half term , its been one of those days... )

I know you wanna here about in the cup and is is better than this or that ..not had it time to really nail it 100% , its super easy to use . the mini hopper holds just over 250g ...

Ill put some clips of it in action and do some testing of how accurate it doses this week....

I write a blog, it's nothing to do with coffee ...

https://rjwinc.wordpress.com

Instagram - rjw_inc

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great of Callum to sort this out for you and also bring it over. Callum's a top bloke and Foundry also produce some exceptional beans too.

Sage DB; Mazzer Major; VST 15g, 18g & 20g Baskets;TORR Trapez & Perger Tamper

Understated bling - love it... I could see that fitting nicely in my kitchen with Chaps GS3.

Good work Callum/Foundry. Nice write up Bootsy, looking forward to the next 'taste in the cup' installment when you've got it nailed.

Rocket Giotto Evo, Mythos, Torr x 2, Rapha Chris King Tamper (coz they are cool), VST's, Hausgrind, Airgrind, Hario Slim, Chemex, Aeropress, Oomph, Puck Puck, Bialetti, Black Acaia scales, Acia Lunas,fresh beans

Blah Blah Blah - it makes coffee

Fight ya

Rocket Giotto Evo, Mythos, Torr x 2, Rapha Chris King Tamper (coz they are cool), VST's, Hausgrind, Airgrind, Hario Slim, Chemex, Aeropress, Oomph, Puck Puck, Bialetti, Black Acaia scales, Acia Lunas,fresh beans

Blah Blah Blah - it makes coffee

For info, the E8 with the small hopper measures around 49.5cm tall.

Whats ts the cost of one of these beauty's ???

I provoked people by saying Flat burr grinders are far far better than conical ones 

We're now putting together our second order with Compak. Anyone wanting specific grinders, colours, burrs, spare parts etc, please get in touch. I expect the order will be placed within the next week or so and they take about 30 days to be built and to get here to us in the UK. We'll be happy to provide quotes but will need to take payment in advance for anything other than spare parts.

So far this grinder has been a dream to use ...for those of you that love to have 1kg of beans in the go for espresso then this will suite you down to the ground . Its no faff , its delivery is straight into the pf and with an accurate dose ....the taste is as you would expect form an 83mm fact burr , top draw....

Instagram - rjw_inc

If only i had £1200 !

Same, might have to sell a few things I can't keep drooling over the E8 and the Ceado E37s for much longer!

The latter will fit under me cupboards, has a static control flap, and is potentially quieter (VERY important for the lady of the house so she can maintain conversation with me...).

However the E8 has a sexy interface with 3 dosing buttons, LED lights, and a timer with a greater level of precision...

I'd love to know if someone's had experience of both and which of the two may have the better the distribution.

Beans, beans the musical fruit, the more you drink, the more you... *tremors uncontrollably* ? 

The E8 also has a static control flap, or dosing curtain as Compak call them! They have two versions of the part, one of which is very slightly thicker than the other. The thicker one is theoretically better for the UK climate apparently so we're fitting those to all our E8s before they leave us.

Same, might have to sell a few things I can't keep drooling over the E8 and the Ceado E37s for much longer!

The latter will fit under me cupboards, has a static control flap, and is potentially quieter (VERY important for the lady of the house so she can maintain conversation with me...).

However the E8 has a sexy interface with 3 dosing buttons, LED lights, and a timer with a greater level of precision...

I'd love to know if someone's had experience of both and which of the two may have the better the distribution.

I will do some clips before the weekend , struggled for time this week....

There is no mess straight into the pf, I dont have to use a coffee catcha.. its pretty fast and pretty quiet ( this is all comparative though when we talk about grinders..... )

Dose wise its been pretty stable , haven't logged it , but its been within +/- 0.1g when the hopper is maintained...

Instagram - rjw_inc

The E8 also has a static control flap, or dosing curtain as Compak call them! They have two versions of the part, one of which is very slightly thicker than the other. The thicker one is theoretically better for the UK climate apparently so we're fitting those to all our E8s before they leave us.

"Dosing curtain" ey... Sounds seedy, I like it.

Beans, beans the musical fruit, the more you drink, the more you... *tremors uncontrollably* ?