"coffee 4/1"

Aillio bullet R1 roaster pre- orders

Wow, liking the look of that.

Lots of specs the big cbr1200 is lacking on, and if that cost is right, a hell of a lot cheaper!

Where did you pick up that BB will be stocking it?

Twitter @Froggystyle

Yeah just having a look now.

Fears are build quality for me, have seen the CBR1200 up close and even fired a batch off, that machine is built very well, this one, not sure looking at photos.

However the lure of connecting to a pc, adjusting drum speed and inside drum temp are very tempting.

Twitter @Froggystyle

That looks a very copious roaster. Amazing listed price for what's on offer.

Will be taking a closer look if it reaches BB.

Seems to offer, ready built-in, all the control I have added to my Hottops.

Final price & build are the obvious considerations.

Ron 

ye the twin brothers developing the bullet are confident enough to hit the trade show circuit, first is SCAA event in Seattle in April,

what looks a good feature is it compensates for input voltage changes for consistent roasts.

Had a good read on the site now, couple of things concern me..

1. Cant see anywhere to connect a vent pipe, so only outdoor roasting or in a well vented room?

2. Daily Capacity 3kg??

3. Max temp 250c, although not sure i have ever roasted that high.

4. Roasting data will be collected by Aillio, so guess you have to connect to the web at some point to use the software, although it is free which is a bonus.

But apart from the above, i really like the look of this, and been reading some answers to questions raised an another roasting forum, sounds the nuts!

I want one...

Twitter @Froggystyle

I want one, that makes two, unfortunately could be a bit of a wait from B-B,email from claudette they will take one to review it then assess to see if it is something they would want to stock,

Roasting data will be collected by Aillio? Have we gone from Rattleware to spyware? Only joking - I suppose it could be quite useful to have a big database of who roasts what to what level. But surely that would also depend on whether they can also tell the ambient temp and exactly what beans you're roasting? And in the case of people who blend before roasting, the exact blend details? And what other data di they get? Serial number of machine that identifies you and reports back on how much coffee you drink? Will you then receive targeted advertisements offering you exactly the coffee they think you want, in the quantity you need, at the time they predict you'll have run out? What happens if it gets infected by malware and orders you a Starbucks subscription?

Rocket R58Ceado E37SAeropressAerGrind • Puck Puck cold brew widget • VST 18g basket • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 convex black Ti/walnut tamper • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 flat sharp edge tamper • Big bag o' beans • Triumph Street Triple 675R

Had a good read on the site now, couple of things concern me..

1. Cant see anywhere to connect a vent pipe, so only outdoor roasting or in a well vented room?

2. Daily Capacity 3kg??

3. Max temp 250c, although not sure i have ever roasted that high.

4. Roasting data will be collected by Aillio, so guess you have to connect to the web at some point to use the software, although it is free which is a bonus.

But apart from the above, i really like the look of this, and been reading some answers to questions raised an another roasting forum, sounds the nuts!

I want one...

I emailed Aillio about the 3kg froggy... It means that it has been built to handle a duty cycle of 3kg, and to denote that this is not a 24/7 roaster. The company also suggest that the roaster will overheat during use and will need to be cooled between batches.

It has been built to a price...

I suppose as long as a customer knows this, it is not a problem... I have seen a figure of 1500 somethings mentioned....

For a 1kg roaster that is very reasonably priced, in any currency.

Stephen.

LONDINIUM 1 - Elektra Nino

Roasting data will be collected by Aillio? Have we gone from Rattleware to spyware? Only joking - I suppose it could be quite useful to have a big database of who roasts what to what level. But surely that would also depend on whether they can also tell the ambient temp and exactly what beans you're roasting? And in the case of people who blend before roasting, the exact blend details? And what other data di they get? Serial number of machine that identifies you and reports back on how much coffee you drink? Will you then receive targeted advertisements offering you exactly the coffee they think you want, in the quantity you need, at the time they predict you'll have run out? What happens if it gets infected by malware and orders you a Starbucks subscription?

Wear a hat made from tinfoil when roasting, that will stop them collecting data!

foil5.jpg

Twitter @Froggystyle

I emailed Aillio about the 3kg froggy... It means that it has been built to handle a duty cycle of 3kg, and to denote that this is not a 24/7 roaster. The company also suggest that the roaster will overheat during use and will need to be cooled between batches.

It has been built to a price...

I suppose as long as a customer knows this, it is not a problem... I have seen a figure of 1500 somethings mentioned....

For a 1kg roaster that is very reasonably priced, in any currency.

Thanks Stephen, for the home user i guess its not a real problem only roasting 3kg per day.

I do think the price will be reflected in the product, the gene is a very well built product but then it is £4k!

Twitter @Froggystyle

Wear a hat made from tinfoil when roasting, that will stop them collecting data

Are you sure that will have sufficient deflection powers to ensure no one ever sends me Starbucks roast? You can't be too careful...

Rocket R58Ceado E37SAeropressAerGrind • Puck Puck cold brew widget • VST 18g basket • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 convex black Ti/walnut tamper • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 flat sharp edge tamper • Big bag o' beans • Triumph Street Triple 675R

Are you sure that will have sufficient deflection powers to ensure no one ever sends me Starbucks roast? You can't be too careful...

Then you may need to go a step further...

13df589572cd284989f492d7fd534fe7.jpg

Twitter @Froggystyle

Site is now saying first deliveries will be second quarter of 2015, Facebook page mentions september..

Keeping any eye on this one.

Twitter @Froggystyle

Looks like the Quest in many respects only more sophisticated in respect of temp control and amounts you can roast.

Londinium-R - EKS43 running SSP Silver Knight burrs

Looks cool i think, one of the better looking little roasters out there.

Its just the quality of that build for me, will be very interested to have a go one one if BB get a trial.

Twitter @Froggystyle

Covered by Credit card though?

My advice to forum members would be to avoid pre-orders. Wait until one is properly tested in the field, it takes a while to really test a roaster. It's also important the test is done properly and by someone knowledgeable and independent.

Crem One 2B DBPP (pre production version), ACS Vesuvius DBPP, Izzo Duetto DB, Minima DB, Lelit Bianca Prototype DBPP (paddle flow control), Lelit Mara X Prototype, BTC Machines: Roasters: Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster, other failed roasters: Grinders: Ceado E92, Niche US and UK, Eureka Atom Speciality 75, Eureka "Blow UP System", VDT Vibration thing: 145kg assorted greens: My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/

It's also important the test is done properly and by someone knowledgeable and independent.

You getting your hands on one to test for us all?

You getting your hands on one to test for us all?

I have already been asked to test another 1kg roaster (quite a heavy one) and my back has had real problems for the last month...so have been delaying that test. As yet I have not been asked to test an Alio Bullet roaster....but would be quite interested in testing one as it may give the home market a decent home roaster with a realistic 500g - 1kg capacity. The problem, as always, is time.

My warning was because I have tested a LOT of bad roasters, also some good ones, but where modifications had to be made. It's also not just about how well they roast, but how easy/practical they are to maintain, parts availability and price, longevity and ease of use (incorporating operation and location/venting). One overriding area is of course safety and durability. Just because something has a CE rating, doesn't make it safe/good in my eyes. it means legally it can be sold in the UK and is "safe" in law. Me, I like to have a bloody good look round a roaster.

When I test/review, in general I have 2 overriding considerations.

1. Is it a decent product to bring to market and will it serve the end users well

2. Is it something any company I am testing for really wants to be selling, is it a fit and proper product for their portfolio

There are 2 types of review, the one you guys never see and it never gets sold and the one you see, which if a company decides to sell it, is the one that's published in it's entirity and not edited. It's then up to the reader to decide if I am biased or not.

Crem One 2B DBPP (pre production version), ACS Vesuvius DBPP, Izzo Duetto DB, Minima DB, Lelit Bianca Prototype DBPP (paddle flow control), Lelit Mara X Prototype, BTC Machines: Roasters: Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster, other failed roasters: Grinders: Ceado E92, Niche US and UK, Eureka Atom Speciality 75, Eureka "Blow UP System", VDT Vibration thing: 145kg assorted greens: My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/

What bothers me about the Alio is that I cant see any way of venting the smoke to the outside. It was bad enough with a Hottop roasting only 250 grams, I hate to think what 1kg would be like.

Londinium 1, Pharos, Ceado e37s, Gene Cafe, Aerobie

What bothers me about the Alio is that I cant see any way of venting the smoke to the outside. It was bad enough with a Hottop roasting only 250 grams, I hate to think what 1kg would be like.

Nick, I agree, one of the big concerns I have is no venting, I suspect the airflow in the roaster is by necessity quite low because of trying to achieve good roast times with relatively low powered elements. This in itself would lead to other issues.

I do have other concerns, but we shall see when someone gets one.

P.S. 1 Kg would be like, you'd have to roast outside...and I mean outside, not in a shed!

Edited by DavecUK