Zakalwe

Barista training, Lancaster

I was having a natter with Ian at Atkinsons yesterday and we got talking about barista training. I'm wondering if anyone on here would be interested in a half-day training in Atkinson's training room? He can organise whatever a small group of enthusiasts would want to cover, cupping, brewing, frothing or a bit of everything.

Anyone else interested? If there was, then I'd be happy to collect names and get a price.

"Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines. "

General Buck Turgidson

My Website

Depends on the content , I might be it interested ..we organised a roasting , cupping evening last year ,was good . Half a day might be a problem for me as I work Saturdays and I am presuming this is when it might be ?

Training room is great btw , Has a san remo and the old Faema lever in there ..

Even if it was a Saturday Id love to pop along and say hi to everyone on my lunch ..

I'd recommend any time spent with either Caspar or Dan ( whichever one does the training ) both friendly , really knowledgeable and they love talking coffee

I write a blog, it's nothing to do with coffee ...

https://rjwinc.wordpress.com

Instagram - rjw_inc

I think that the Faema is in dry-dock at the moment? One of the springs is in pieces.

Ian is gradually extending the opening hours, with evening music and so-on, so he might be flexible on the timings?

General Buck Turgidson

My Website

Re times - You can but ask ..... The other lever is working on the lever ...sure we could get it switched on .....:)

Instagram - rjw_inc

I could be interested depending on content and price.

Quickmill Andreja Premium---Eric's E61 Thermometer---Eureka Mignon---MBK 58.35mm---Grindenstein

I'd definitely be interested, especially if it involves frothing...

Ponte Vecchio Lusso. La Peppina. Presso. Aeropress. Ceado E7. Gene cafe.

OK, so we've got

• Me
  • Conchord
  • NJD1977

and possibly MrBoots depending on content and timings.

What sort of money would you pay for a half day guys?

General Buck Turgidson

My Website

I suppose anything south of £50 for say 2-3hrs would be palatable for me. I guess if we do it as a group of say 5-6 of us he's going to want around £250 for a half day so £50 max each feels about right. It'd be nice to meet a few from here as well.

Quickmill Andreja Premium---Eric's E61 Thermometer---Eureka Mignon---MBK 58.35mm---Grindenstein

• Me
  • Conchord
  • NJD1977
  • Stevogums

and possibly MrBoots depending on content and timings.

I'll speak with them today and get their thoughts on group size, timings, content and costs!

General Buck Turgidson

My Website

Any update on this zakalwe?

Any update on this zakalwe?

Hi there...sorry for the delay.

I spoke with ian this morning and he was excited by the idea. He suggested a Thursday evening- a mix of roasting, cupping, milk frothing and brewing. He's going to get me some dates and prices this week. Once he does this I'll post on here. I guess the fairest way to proceed is to get some deposits to confirm attendance as long as the date is suitable for all.

Watch this space!

General Buck Turgidson

My Website

Sounds like ti will work along the lines of the previous night we had...

http://coffeeforums.co.uk/showthread.php?12227-Atkinsons-sip-and-slurp&highlight=lancaster

Instagram - rjw_inc

Just looked at how far Lancaster is. Around 200 miles and 3 hours driving...each way! Bit too far!

Any particular reason why a Thursday? I'd probably struggle depending on times that's all. Friday or Saturday would be fine.

Saturday in the day they are bombed out , all hands on deck ...then time to go home :)

Instagram - rjw_inc

Hey. Sounds good! Friday evening would be best for me too. :-)

Had a quick chat with Ian Steel on Saturday morning....he can do aFriday evening. Still waiting for him to confirm dates and prices.....

General Buck Turgidson

My Website

Any update Zak?

I'm still definitely interested in this.

Hi guys...please accept my apologies as I've not been around. I've been laid low with trapped nerves in my spine. Mega, mega painful :eek::eek::eek:

I caught up with Ian this morning. He is off to India next week for a shin-dig with some small coffee growers, so he suggested 2nd week in April. Costs are about £150 for a group, so if there's five of us we are looking at £30~ each. He's going to confirm dates on his return as The Hall is now open late on Fridays.

Can you please confirm if you are still up for this on a Friday and at that rate?

General Buck Turgidson

My Website

I'm fine with price but only available 3rd and 10th April. And bear in mind 3rd is Good Friday so might not be ideal for people getting away for Easter. Thanks for organizing.