On 03/05/2020 at 21:34, Jorrit said:

That is described as being compatible with ECM Profi, so presumably should (maybe?) fit the Brewtus?

Price wise, a pair of these (and conversion kit, mentioned on the same page) seems to be a pretty cost-effective solution - if it will fit! 

Expobar Leva Dual Boiler | La Pavoni Europiccola | Mazzer Super Jolly | Mazzer Royal

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@RikA  It was as I said, change the adapter.  He had difficulty undoing the existing adapter (very tight) but did change them and they are now fitted.

As @El carajillo mentioned, the larger adaptors were extremely tightly screwed, but in the end I managed to remove them and install both joysticks: For those wanting to proceed with somethi

Great - thanks, I have ordered a set. I've seen a few suppliers listed, but the price shipped to the UK for both steam and water valves seemed up about £200. From drtradingshop, it's closer to £120 de

Posted Images

People have used those throughout this thread.  🙂

2009 v2 Rancilio Silvia with adjustable OPV; currently at 11Bar, Auber PID, Wika gauge, lamp dimmer pressure profiling. Baratza Preciso adjusted for finest grind, modified Cunill Tranquilo.

I draw by weight, not time or volume. I weigh the beans that go in and weigh the brew as it drips out.

17 hours ago, Ian S said:

People have used those throughout this thread.  🙂

Great - thanks, I have ordered a set. I've seen a few suppliers listed, but the price shipped to the UK for both steam and water valves seemed up about £200. From drtradingshop, it's closer to £120 delivered. 

• Like 1

Expobar Leva Dual Boiler | La Pavoni Europiccola | Mazzer Super Jolly | Mazzer Royal

My joystick parts arrived yesterday from drtradingshop.nl. I managed to get a 'demo' set (so slightly used but obviously in excellent condition) for just over £85 delivered.

I got a bit anxious because I noticed (after I ordered!) that the specification and description of the parts seem to differ if you view the website in Dutch (translated to English by Google) or English (chosen on the website directly). So, it may be worth contacting them if you are thinking of ordering.

However, all installed and tested - looks and works great. Thanks for all the information on this thread!

20200530_130432.thumb.jpg.871b3a137483d597cdbfaa11763f6823.jpg

• Like 1

Are they the original steam and hot water 'wands' but in the tapered 'nuts' that came with the joysticks from drtradingshop.nl ?

Do the wands move the same as in the original fittings, or easier, stiffer?

2009 v2 Rancilio Silvia with adjustable OPV; currently at 11Bar, Auber PID, Wika gauge, lamp dimmer pressure profiling. Baratza Preciso adjusted for finest grind, modified Cunill Tranquilo.

I draw by weight, not time or volume. I weigh the beans that go in and weigh the brew as it drips out.

23 minutes ago, Ian S said:

Are they the original steam and hot water 'wands' but in the tapered 'nuts' that came with the joysticks from drtradingshop.nl ?

Do the wands move the same as in the original fittings, or easier, stiffer?

Yes - exactly so, the original wands but in the nuts that were supplied with the order, and using the longer springs (included with my 'demo kit' order). 

They move about the same as before, maybe slightly easier. However, there's a nut above the tapered nut which tightens down to secure it in place. I haven't played with this much, but I  think this means you can adjust the ease of movement to some degree by setting both nuts a bit lower (i.e. less downward pressure from the spring). 

• Like 1

Thanks 🙂

• 3 months later...

I just got the joysticks from DR Trading but I am at a loss, does 1 come out and 2 goes in? With 1 in it does not fit through the front of the case hole or connect to the copper piping. 

I think I am doing something very wrong or the wrong parts have been delivered as I have been unable to unscrew 1...

spacer.png

Edited by foreigner

(I'm a rookie) So I have been trying to unscrew 1 but is like almost impossible... And I do no want to damage the chrome. 

I guess I need to figure out a way to unscrew it as I was not sure if it was meant to unscrew... Thanks!

I recall being very confused about the size of the connectors, and what adapters would be required to fit. The product page says "The connection at the back is 3/8, as well as the steam / water pipe. Do you want to mount this tap on your semi professional espresso machine? Then order the lever tap conversion kit.". (https://www.drtradingshop.nl/en_GB/a-59807930/steam-taps-and-attachments/conversion-kit-lever-tap/)

I ordered a demo set, which luckily seemed to include all the right pieces. I /think/ @El carajillo is right, though - the item labelled '2' in your picture does look like one of the adapters that come in the conversion kit. 

• Like 1

As @El carajillo mentioned, the larger adaptors were extremely tightly screwed, but in the end I managed to remove them and install both joysticks:

1700604520_EhsfA6jXYAoJpa91.thumb.jpg.d814a9567c63f15ce389e4078d6eb0bd.jpg

For those wanting to proceed with something like this, as @RikA mentioned, you will also need the conversion kit.

You will also need in addition to adjustable wrench, the following wrenches: 

• 17 mm
  • 22 mm
  • 24 mm
  • 27 mm

And of course some teflon tape, it came useful to me that is.

Though some aspects have not been pretty...

afd860d7d3f66f0ee8f8c7fe1d428166.gif

aXiLLhyZPTF-U-pWRxmUH0-aPAFHrppwlIxjHtV7aJ1MgaDQmxbBci6mk94DpDVUcLwxBt5zzI7UgEtbYt7MKo4bvWCB8X3L5MTDXjwJCWGHHeJ7Y-vULM2F0zWBbCI5gquAMDy0up1nAdGGY5FOuF-852SwTMUQUd6J6Dw_19o2m6Pjqe8q_F9PZ6l6YVwGB83-FXCs0mMM4a9Bt_ipCXFW8y7vVlv1beNkueiJqFY8vbEUjHFmLnhtMXcqZ4r5mBFRC3h2EbLvJcH4njhiyvuYhfu2jTA1hudkQQ6sfWWEDHSCfWdPv4SAM9kBJdJt-xgjoKGJ87dxznLbd-mxOc_GlRJaNOQx0ZFFkTv3ncANWu2-wNqKSObUrYB-qYNXhL3j0tHNCMghmLRHk6m9-rMkZ-hC6RAZMEy9604o3oPM-8pziNH-EGQ1iz5lH9WBIDc02kXckwDmrP4EV17V-ayjeiWfvcQ7evRvgAhTDujFd4_nVVTLu3RHTDVs53m6JW6SbXB1JfCwrHZCYlfSbSIS04zutz9XULtR71MN8eBaCTSK-6gG0A3z_z-CVD1CNXOpqXut1E3FGNRZuWNOuGi6LPkNofiTzoyzS0tSPV8ptvKg3O7heVLQ291YLNaCbh4Wme1kO57lmndO4GL01e2mj1rfiDKMX-ydZimX1iQiWcSQzwPOHnBYX4Pe1NQ=w1433-h1910-no?authuser=0

NgwdWOdLrs0MNCcVteV2V80zj9LlKvJpSPfQbgzHiV9Pm3ah3UUWNZgKeaeUoHSWvuPjmaqATams4yCjLa3K-khF9aqQZXq6J8cBmXuvgBTGeAE5O9jYb_6zxGkPE4b2X2dpcrnNxVl4PPBiqiAW2NlX61lgje5YwSccNehdVQFPdXyApkVrgOFBGDdDmoTp7GM-FqUO4QitQiAVV6mfik3uvNuwsvN4I9dQUVkuJJ-75MEZmsNDUW9tcyUB_ZHoY9FyJOc3EHu0nXh3pfWU1Qa3sBAzKR_TSTQ8f1YrOi9LZbvQd9uwCQ37QoWLXgF7t2W09-4-sQNhM6ct330eDc1XKthQSpuFXAwRTmavbCOPI2hjdBP5TqUZhKV9OrSzzMb1I2JOeiD2oBARqG6AdGF1KX9Q-yFiRh0NWGhgZC-FxvRwcpgiLO2ERQ-UBKxQjYPcBcC37bE6crZ8jQHH7P5f9ieG3ZKfAJ1OzVZNcaEqTTvB3YfuzLVR3cHTpGDF3UlmlxqQQto-0fLyW1OEAO34zzcyTg1gW8tYELz7NAkH1nMt8iH8qVRl0TPcAn7biUwPRcWUaitDI02kGd5bpecG6SsE9qEJ12jrvIf0VkiiKkoxwsDyaCSs79rkGibFy6X0i9ldWbM2EiFOxsemivvl-io-Sw7_v9Sh9vb2lvTUDsfeDzM4zjhtwlv6MEE=w1433-h1910-no?authuser=0

Errors were made and lessons learned. The above damage on the joystick arm was after wrapping the wrenches with duct tape, and a bicycle inner tube a few times over so as to pad but also not to slip... Reflecting back, faced with a tight fitting which cannot be loosened by hand,  I would acquire/use a vise with rubber pads (not sure if it's a good idea or not, but maybe worth a try): 

Pair Of Magnetic Soft Pad Jaws Rubber For Metal Vise 5.5Inch Long Pad Bench  Vice vise jaw pads Vise protection strip #20| | - AliExpress

Alternatively a rubber strap wrench would also be a good try (though I am not sure how effective/good it would be)

Craftsman 2 Piece 16 Inch Rubber Strap Wrench Set, 9-45570 - - Amazon.com

Now for the next project, polishing/buffing out those scratches. I do not think there is anything I can do about the deep gashes in the joystick arm, but maybe I could polish the splash-back, though more research is required.

I hope others can learn from my mistake(s).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1