jeebsy

What movie did you watch last night?

No you are Soooooooo wrong..........................

.......... I don't dislike your Sis! - lol ;-)

Too funny, ha ha!

I'm sure you know what I meant? My Sis dislikes Tom Cruise as an actor and you sound like you dislike him just as much.

Recently watched the Interview....absolutely brilliant propaganda-comedy! Also Fury and currently watching American Sniper. Fury is basically Nazis are bad, and American Sniper is US SEALS are the righteous hand of god.

I'd love to see a big release British film soon to cut through all this American pap (except The Interview).

Recently watched the Interview....absolutely brilliant propaganda-comedy!

Glad I wasn't the only one who enjoyed The Interview. Wish other major studios would make available 1080p releases of their movies on-line as did Sony Pictures (although under very unique circumstances with the publicity surrounding The Interview). Obviously there's a market as the download figures show.

Just watched La Isla Minima, which seems to also be released under the name Marshland (grr why do they feel the need to do that, whoever watches it still has to read the subs unless they understand Spanish!)

Really good film, interesting plot and good cinematography. Reminded me a bit of memories of murder if you like that sort of film well worth a watch.

Londinium I, Mahlkönig Vario, Hario Skerton, Chemex 1-3 Cup.

@Flibster

How did your Marvel Cinematic Universe weekend go, did you manage to fit everything in?

According to Mavel One-Shots wiki page and also releases dates on IMDB, I believe the order in which they were released is slightly different to your listing earlier.

The Consultant - 13/09/11

A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to Thor's Hammer - 25/10/11

Item 47 - 25/09/12

Agent Carter - 24/09/13

All Hail the King - 25/02/14

I managed to find and watch all of the Marvel One Shot's. Surprisingly found Agent Carter one to be the best. The Consultant the worst. Seriously it's so short, it wasn't really worth putting together, ha ha!

Edited by DoubleShot

Went to the pictures this evening and watched American Sniper. Found it quite slow to get going. Up to mid way point, wasn't blown away. Last third of the movie did improve and overall thought it wasn't too bad. Found the volume level really low for some unknown reason for everything but the heaviest action scenes. Maybe that was bothering me enough, not to enjoy it more. This was the largest screen (around 500 seats) at Cineworld, High Wycombe which is probably the largest outside of London that I've been to. Saw trailers for Inherent Vice and Kingsman which both look alright. May watch both plus Jupiter Ascending over the next couple of weeks.

Nobody else watched anything lately? Gone a bit quiet on here!

@Flibster

How did your Marvel Cinematic Universe weekend go, did you manage to fit everything in?

Brain was completely frazzled. Grinned like a loon for about 8 hours. :D

The order I was watching it all in was in the order of the how the movies fit together. So Agent Carter is one of the earliest bits, coming shortly after Captain America - The First Avenger. The Consultant is one that actually has tied up one loose end and links directly with a post credits scene in Incredible Hulk. Still one of the worst Marvel movies. Hulk is worse, but it's close.

If you want to know the timeline... It's quite complicated as in theory, several of the films overlap, but...

http://www.tiki-toki.com/timeline/entry/5395/A-Marvel-Cinematic-Universe-Timeline

My next movie marathon is going to be Star Wars. Episode 1 - 2 - Clone Wars Movie - 4 - 5 - 6 Not sure when it'll happen, probably in a couple of weeks. Then it'll be a parody marathon. :D Spaceballs, Robin Hood: Men In Tights, Airplane, Spy Hard, Scary Movie, Young Frankenstein, Blazing Saddles... It could just be a Mel Brooks weekend tbh.

If I stop drinking the coffee, I stop doing the standing and the walking and the words-into-sentences putting.

"Seriously, going to Starbucks for coffee is like going to prison for sex. You'll get it, but it's going to be rough" - Adam Hills

Watched "Albatross" the other night, thoroughly enjoyed it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albatross_%28film%29

Also watched "The perks of being a wall flower" I rate this film highly as well. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Perks_of_Being_a_Wallflower

Both films have been shown recently on Freeview TV, I record a lot of films.

Both of these are coming of age dramas.

I also watched the remake of "The Sweeney" recently, whilst I started off not thinking I would like it too much I actual enjoyed it quite a bit which pleasantly surprised me.

Thanks for link to MCU timeline. Makes more sense than what I did, merely going by the release dates of the Marvel zone-Shots which would have had more to do with the release of various movies on Blu-Ray I guess rather than where they actually fit in the timeline!

Are you currently watching the Star Wars Rebels animated series? I haven't yet but may give it a whirl at some point. Started watching the previous Star Wars Clone Wars series but am waaaaay behind. There's 125 episodes and I'm only on season 2 episode 4 or something!

I also watched the remake of "The Sweeney" recently, whilst I started off not thinking I would like it too much I actual enjoyed it quite a bit which pleasantly surprised me.

Agree. A mate of mine kept telling me how awful this was, think he gave it something like 2/10?!? I grew up watching The Sweeney tv series. So long as one doesn't expect it to be exactly the same but in a feature-length movie, it's not terrible by any means.

Thanks for link to MCU timeline. Makes more sense than what I did, merely going by the release dates of the Marvel zone-Shots which would have had more to do with the release of various movies on Blu-Ray I guess rather than where they actually fit in the timeline!

Are you currently watching the Star Wars Rebels animated series? I haven't yet but may give it a whirl at some point. Started watching the previous Star Wars Clone Wars series but am waaaaay behind. There's 125 episodes and I'm only on season 2 episode 4 or something!

It's a complicated timeline. It's only going to get worse once you include the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D and Agent Carter series and the next phase of movies. It'll only get more mindscrambling if they get the X-Men and Spiderman rights back from Fox and Sony. ;)

Star Wars Rebels isn't bad and has a bit of potential, but it's set about 4 years before A New Hope, so it's a bit off in some ways. It is canon though, which given that they've trashed all the expanded universe canon means they can do whatever they want at the moment.

Clone Wars is very good though. I haven't seen past season 4, so I really should start again and watch all 6.

If I stop drinking the coffee, I stop doing the standing and the walking and the words-into-sentences putting.

"Seriously, going to Starbucks for coffee is like going to prison for sex. You'll get it, but it's going to be rough" - Adam Hills

Just watched Taken 3. Quite enjoyed it. Certainly more so than the second movie. His daughter, pretty as she is but not a great actress. The car chase scene just went on and on plus the dialogue and acting...atrocious! Taken 2 that is. I don't mind watching action thrillers and the like. I'm never expecting Oscar winning quality. So long as you take them for what they are, an enjoyable hour and a half can often be had.

Next up...The Drop. Watching this blind. Not so much as seen a trailer for it. It got mentioned and recommended earlier on this thread. All I know is that it stars Tom Hardy and James Gandolfini. And that's cos it says so on the poster art!

Not a movie but just watched Fortitude.....not sure coming over a bit Twin Peaky

Isomac Alba

Elektra Grinder

Flat Whites only baby.

Just watched Taken 3. Quite enjoyed it. Certainly more so than the second movie. His daughter, pretty as she is but not a great actress. The car chase scene just went on and on plus the dialogue and acting...atrocious! Taken 2 that is. I don't mind watching action thrillers and the like. I'm never expecting Oscar winning quality. So long as you take them for what they are, an enjoyable hour and a half can often be had.

Next up...The Drop. Watching this blind. Not so much as seen a trailer for it. It got mentioned and recommended earlier on this thread. All I know is that it stars Tom Hardy and James Gandolfini. And that's cos it says so on the poster art!

The drop is one of those films that isn't shit but never gets going. You get to the end and it finishes and you just go........"oh, right OK, hmmmmm". 7/10 for me, was hoping for much better.

Quickmill Andreja Premium---Eric's E61 Thermometer---Eureka Mignon---MBK 58.35mm---Grindenstein

The drop is one of those films that isn't shit but never gets going. You get to the end and it finishes and you just go........"oh, right OK, hmmmmm". 7/10 for me, was hoping for much better.

Told myself..."do not read above comment until after I've finished watching the movie!". What did I do? I read it and now will have your brief review in mind when considering what I thought of it then give it a score out of 10 as I usually do. My own fault, should have listened to the voice inside my head, lol!

Told myself..."do not read above comment until after I've finished watching the movie!". What did I do? I read it and now will have your brief review in mind when considering what I thought of it then give it a score out of 10 as I usually do. My own fault, should have listened to the voice inside my head, lol!

Haha. Sorry! I think you'll probably reach a similar conclusion. It's probably worth seeing, but only just IMO. I really like Tom Hardy and expected/wanted more.

Quickmill Andreja Premium---Eric's E61 Thermometer---Eureka Mignon---MBK 58.35mm---Grindenstein

BTW, I watched nightcrawler last night.....excellent film, thoroughly enjoyed it. An acting masterclass from Jake Gylenhall.

NJD1977

I like the way you summed up The Drop. I'm not feeling as generous though and think it's a 6 rather than a 7 out of 10. I too think Tom Hardy is a good actor but a few of his movies now (Gangster Squad, Locke) have been mediocre imo.

Nightcrawler I did enjoy.

May watch Kill the Messenger and Inherent Vice next?

Just finished watching Wild Card. Thoroughly enjoyable. Set in Vegas, one of my fave places in America. Decent fight scenes. It's almost as though movies like this are written specifically for Jason Statham. Can't really think of too many other actors who could pull off some of his moves plus deliver the dry humour one liners quite the way he does.

Followed that up with Addicted which has been on my 'to watch' list for months. Not because I expected it to be very good. More a case of there were no other good movies out at the time which I hadn't already watched, lol!

Will get back to watching a few more critically acclaimed movies next, ha ha.

Finally finished Leviathan - really liked it, beautifully shot, interesting characters. Shame it took me about three weeks to get through it but that's my fault.

Into the Furnace, with Christian Bale.

It was OK...Nothing exceptional.

"Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines. "

General Buck Turgidson

My Website

Watched 'Gone Girl'. I haven't read the book and probably shouldn't over think the film. Rosamund Pike as Amy is stunning (in many senses) as is Ben Affleck as Nick although (the over thinking part) his character is drawn too sympathetically, making the ending seem out of kilter, and bits of the plot don't hang together. Compelling, nasty viewing, all the same.

Its been cold outside so got through a few films over the weekend.

"Stark Raving mad" a crime caper which was more than OK

"ginger and Rosa" the dad in it annoyed me all the way through

"Ted" fell asleep

"Solaris" not a massive george clooney fan but enjoyed the film

Welcome back jeebsy, lol! Well done for persevering and actually finishing Leviathan. Guess it took so long cos you were distracted with the Australian Open? Such a shame Murray 'melted' if that's a fair description of his performance set three onwards?

Zakalwe

Agree, expected more from Into the Furnace. Good trailers and Bale is a top notch actor imo.

Phil104

I enjoyed Gone Girl. Not read the book so don't know what the original ending was. Good performances from the main two leads. Is it just me or has David Fincher never quite matched the heights he reached with Se7en?

Jumbo Ratty

Loved Ted! Second one has just had it's first trailer released. Looking forward to that, shame no Mila Kunis! :(

Think I nodded off watching Solaris at the cinema? Never re-watched it since!

Edited by DoubleShot