jeebsy

What movie did you watch last night?

I watched all of those movies in order of release prior to going to see Captain America: The Winter Soldier in IMAX but over the course of a week as opposed to a weekend. I've read mention of the One Shot shorts but never come across any of them. Are they included on the DVD/Blu-Ray releases?

Agent Carter tv series has been okay but not great imo so far. Tbh I was very surprised Marvel decided to make and release this prior to a whole host of other tv shows that they have in the pipeline. Guess it will all boil down to viewing figures whether it continues or gets cancelled?

They're definitely on the blurays. Don't know about the dvd versions. I'd assume so.

Only seen the first 2 episodes of Agent Carter so fast. It's not bad. I think its only a limited run of episodes. 8 or something like that.

If I stop drinking the coffee, I stop doing the standing and the walking and the words-into-sentences putting.

"Seriously, going to Starbucks for coffee is like going to prison for sex. You'll get it, but it's going to be rough" - Adam Hills

They're definitely on the blurays. Don't know about the dvd versions. I'd assume so.

Only seen the first 2 episodes of Agent Carter so fast. It's not bad. I think its only a limited run of episodes. 8 or something like that.

That would explain it as I only own the first Iron Man movie on Blu-Ray and that didn't include any One Shot movies. Wonder if they're available to stream on-line?

They broadcast episodes 1 & 2 of Agent Carter in one night in the States, then ep 3 the following week before taking a fortnights break, lol! Not sure if that had anything to do with build-up to Superbowl as I don't follow American Football!

Jack Reacher (on Netflix)

He clearly got his fighting moves watching me in action!

I thought it was a great "brain out" film - my wife obviously didn't as she spent most of it asking me what was going on as she couldn't follow the plot

Rocket Giotto Evo, Mythos, Torr x 2, Rapha Chris King Tamper (coz they are cool), VST's, Hausgrind, Airgrind, Hario Slim, Chemex, Aeropress, Oomph, Puck Puck, Bialetti, Black Acaia scales, Acia Lunas,fresh beans

Blah Blah Blah - it makes coffee

Jack Reacher (on Netflix)

He clearly got his fighting moves watching me in action!

I thought it was a great "brain out" film - my wife obviously didn't as she spent most of it asking me what was going on as she couldn't follow the plot

I too enjoyed Jack Reacher. Think I read when making this, Cruise was expecting to make subsequent sequels but not heard anything more as of late.

You're not the only one I feel as one of my Sisters often gets lost trying to follow any movie that involves, spies, double-crossing etc. Must be a female 'problem', lol!

Having read all the Reacher books, I just do not see Cruise as Jack Reacher. All the books superb:good:

Having read all the Reacher books, I just do not see Cruise as Jack Reacher. All the books superb:good:

Nor me, however a good film. I thought other Reacher novels would have been a better choice to turn into films

Perhaps Cruise was chosen, more from a marketing point of view rather than trying to choose the actor who matched the books character closest? I haven't read the books so I could be well off the mark btw, lol!

Tonight's plan: finish Leviathan then Two Days and One Night

Tonight's plan: finish Leviathan then Two Days and One Night

Await your comments on both as they are on my watch list...

Perhaps Cruise was chosen, more from a marketing point of view rather than trying to choose the actor who matched the books character closest? I haven't read the books so I could be well off the mark btw, lol!

You could be right... I would say I can't understand how he can appear in most of the action movies he does as he is a short arsed runt with very limited acting skills.

but that would be the truth....and you can't handle the truth!;-)

There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Manic Obsession"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Expobar Brewtus DB, Mazzer SJ, Sowden, V60, Aeropress and all sorts

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Currently enjoying LSOL

Hang on...wasn't that Nicholson's line (not Cruise's) in A Few Good Men?

It certainly was... Nicholson... the actor, the one who played the part 100% believably.

Not Cruise the puppet, the effete little squirt that was as convincing as a... as a very unconvincing thing!!

JeeeeeZus!! How could anyone think that school boy frightened/intimidated/got under the skin of Nicholson's character?

Currently enjoying LSOL

That's Hollywood for you, lol!

You sound like you dislike Cruise as an actor as much as my Sis. I on the other hand am quite a fan of majority of his movies. Whether that's the movies themselves or cos of his acting skills is another question altogether, ha ha!

Just watched the equaliser, was better than I expected tbh.

Londinium I, Mahlkönig Vario, Hario Skerton, Chemex 1-3 Cup.

Just watched the equaliser, was better than I expected tbh.

One of my fave movies in a long time! I couldn't really think of anything I didn't like about the movie. So long as viewers keep in mind this isn't a movie that's likely to be up for a best film Oscar, lol!

Just watching "The Equilser" just one of many on my hdd.

Pre 2015 Gaggia Classic, OPV Mod, Rachio Silva wand mod. Motta 58mm Tamper, Expobar HC-600-ODG Grinder Ghetto modded

Everything Else Stock but could be tempted with a gauge and PID.

Retired = Modded Grundwerk Hand Grinder.

(O)= I =(O)

Await your comments on both as they are on my watch list...

Fell asleep about ten minutes in to Leviathan....rescheduled for tonight

You could be right... I would say I can't understand how he can appear in most of the action movies he does as he is a short arsed runt with very limited acting skills.

but that would be the truth....and you can't handle the truth!;-)

Cruise bought the rights to Jack Reacher, so he can pretty much dictate that he played reacher!

I've never gotten through 2001: A Space Odyssey without falling asleep.

Saw Ex Machina last night, Alicia Vikander is excellent. Good story, makes you think, well acted all with a good pace

Fell asleep about ten minutes in to Leviathan....rescheduled for tonight

Worn out from making too much coffee or cos it was at the end of a marathon movie binge, lol?'!?

The Australian open...plays havoc with my sleeping patterns

I'm rarely one to stop a movie, part way through, especially if it's the first ever viewing of said movie. But there has been the odd occasion when I've just been so physically exhausted, inevitably have nodded off. Not a reflection on how bad the movie was. Even though that's usually the first thought anyone has if you hear that having happened to someone.

Even though that's usually the first thought anyone has if you hear that having happened to someone.

Definitely - I'm just shit at staying awake when lying on the couch with a blanket over me though

Definitely - I'm just shit at staying awake when lying on the couch with a blanket over me though

It's the blankets fault! Being too warm and cosy is a recipe for...nodding off in front of a tv imo.

That's Hollywood for you, lol!

You sound like you dislike Cruise as an actor as much as my Sis. I on the other hand am quite a fan of majority of his movies. Whether that's the movies themselves or cos of his acting skills is another question altogether, ha ha!

No you are Soooooooo wrong..........................

.......... I don't dislike your Sis! - lol ;-)

Currently enjoying LSOL