jeebsy

What movie did you watch last night?

Can't remember seeing a film thread on here but would be interesting in what you've been watching - had a film thread on another forum I use and it was a great place to pick up recommendations.

Last night I watched Birdman (enjoyed it, some really funny parts but not sure it's the tour de force everyone's been making out - although I fell asleep during it twice and had to rewind) and Rush (wasn't keen on how obviously they polarised the characters until almost the end but it was still quite gripping).

Last week watched Nightcrawler (good) and Pride (bit cheesy but great story).

Might watch Senna tonight keeping the F1 theme going, or Inherent Vice which sounds quality but i'm a cert to fall asleep during it.

There was me thinking that some of those were just on at the cinemas?

so where did you source them? I might have to pay a visit...

Last night I watched the Dallas buyers club. It was a very good film and wasn't what I was expecting.

STATION!

Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey....

I went through a period of watching old 80s films I hadn't seen before....unless you've got the accompanying sense of nostalgia some of them just aren't very good.

There was me thinking that some of those were just on at the cinemas?

so where did you source them?

Er.....the cinema

Don't know what you're talking about.

Last night I watched the Dallas buyers club. It was a very good film and wasn't what I was expecting.

Agree a very good film this.

Isomac Alba

Elektra Grinder

Flat Whites only baby.

I really want to watch birdman but heard the rip is terrible? Want to watch Inherent Vice too but the screener that is out cuts 20% off the bottom of the screen, presumably because of the watermark.

Latest films seen were Leviathan, Winter Sleep, Whiplash (really good), Manuscripts Dont Burn, Gone Girl, The Drop & Nightcrawler.

Got Stations of the Cross waiting to be seen, maybe tonight.

Londinium I, Mahlkönig Vario, Hario Skerton, Chemex 1-3 Cup.

I never watch cams anymore... if it's worth watching it's worth waiting for a decent release, preferably HD.

Watched "Horns" (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1528071/) last night which I quite liked... a bit different and surreal. The wife's comment was "..this is silly". Nuff said :)

:coffee:Marcus

Isomac Tea + Nuova Simonelli Mythos+ VST 18g + Torr Brass Goldfinger Tamper

[ Gaggia Coffee Deluxe + Gaggia MDF Grinder + Gaggia 'Gold' Classic + Motta Convexed Tamper ]

Last night: The Theory of Everything - The Stephen Hawking "love story" (it is basically a love story rather than a bio-pic).

Really very good.

Last Week: The Hobbit - Battle of the 5 Armies : Nt a bad film - it is what it is!

Week before-ish: The Imitation Game - The Alan Turing/Bletchley/Enigma thing - Once again a pretty good film. A little bit contrived/romanticised with the "little" story lines but alt old a decent film.

I believe Benedict Cumberbatch and Eddie Redmayne are up for Oscars for their portrayals of Turin and Hawking....

I would give it to Eddie Redmayne - He was incredible particularly how he portrayed Hawking physical decline.

Cumberbatch was good - but sort of played "himself" - or at least played the character he always plays (arrogant, unfeeling, logical to the point of autistic oddball etc)

There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Manic Obsession"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Expobar Brewtus DB, Mazzer SJ, Sowden, V60, Aeropress and all sorts

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Currently enjoying LSOL

I really want to watch birdman but heard the rip is terrible? Want to watch Inherent Vice too but the screener that is out cuts 20% off the bottom of the screen, presumably because of the watermark.

Latest films seen were Leviathan

Birdman was fine. Inherent Vice is cropped but nothing interesting happens in the bottom 20% of the screen anyway.....

How was Leviathian? Really want to see it but struggled to find a decent copy. Got one DLing now so see if it's any good....

Birdman was fine. Inherent Vice is cropped but nothing interesting happens in the bottom 20% of the screen anyway.....

How was Leviathian? Really want to see it but struggled to find a decent copy. Got one DLing now so see if it's any good....

I enjoyed it, but then I generally enjoy foreign films / slightly more obscure stuff.

I've had it on my list for a while too and it only became available recently, suspect you have the same version which is fine and has hardcoded subs.

Londinium I, Mahlkönig Vario, Hario Skerton, Chemex 1-3 Cup.

Yeah sounds like it is the same one

I like foreign stuff too, usually more than the big studio releases. Had a dogme 95 season a few months ago, some were crap.but some really good ones in there

Week before-ish: The Imitation Game - The Alan Turing/Bletchley/Enigma thing - Once again a pretty good film. A little bit contrived/romanticised with the "little" story lines but alt old a decent film.

Imitation Game is definitely on my list, but I'll be waiting for a decent copy before watching. Does the film concentrate just on Turing or does the great unsung hero Tommy Flowers get a mention anywhere in it?

If anyone has the slightest interest in the history of computing , Turing or code breaking then I absolutely recommend you go to Bletchley Park and take one of the free guided tours. Absolutely fascinating and at the same time immensely humbling to hear about the work and sacrifice that went on there during the war.

:coffee:Marcus

Isomac Tea + Nuova Simonelli Mythos+ VST 18g + Torr Brass Goldfinger Tamper

[ Gaggia Coffee Deluxe + Gaggia MDF Grinder + Gaggia 'Gold' Classic + Motta Convexed Tamper ]

I like foreign stuff too, usually more than the big studio releases. Had a dogme 95 season a few months ago, some were crap.but some really good ones in there

Which Dogme did you rate? I love Festen, found The Idiots interesting and never finished Julien Donkey Boy, but that's as far as I got.

Londinium L1 | Compak E8

"Dancing in the Dark" is the best thing to come out of Dogme. Such an unpromising premise but Bjork had us all in bits by the end.

Rocket Giotto Evoluzione v2, Eureka Zenith 65E, Niche grinder, Pharos grinder with VoodooDaddy mods, Eureka MDL, Torr Goldfinger, Smart Tamp. Various coffee stuff.

I only get to watch what's on TV. I don't Torrent, I won't subscribe anymore, I wouldn't p1$$ on Murdoch if he was on fire. The last film that pleasantly surprised me was "How to train your dragon".

Watched "Priest" last night.... Made Ben Hur look like an epic

Which Dogme did you rate? I love Festen, found The Idiots interesting and never finished Julien Donkey Boy, but that's as far as I got.

Festen was brilliant. The Idiots was good too. I enjoyed Open Hearts as well, that's worth a watch

I only get to watch what's on TV. I don't Torrent, I won't subscribe anymore, I wouldn't p1$$ on Murdoch if he was on fire. The last film that pleasantly surprised me was "How to train your dragon".

You just made my day! Murdoch belongs on the end of a rope!

Rocket Giotto Evoluzione v2, Eureka Zenith 65E, Niche grinder, Pharos grinder with VoodooDaddy mods, Eureka MDL, Torr Goldfinger, Smart Tamp. Various coffee stuff.

(Apologies for double post!)

Edited by Rob666

Went pictures to see American Sniper ,

Really good movie and we'll worth a watch ..

On par with black hawk down for me .

L1 & E10

(Apologies for double post!)

Well (they do say) if a thing is worth saying............

There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Manic Obsession"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Expobar Brewtus DB, Mazzer SJ, Sowden, V60, Aeropress and all sorts

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Currently enjoying LSOL