Sign in to follow this  
twotone

Another Glasgow punter say's hello!

How did you get on with your beans from Rave? Just ordered a kilo of the italian blend, should get them Monday, did you find a big difference from the non freshly roasted?

Isomac Alba

Elektra Grinder

Flat Whites only baby.

Budget debatable....from what I read on here it's better to buy a decent one and looks like £200 is a minimum starting price, no real size considerations but don't want anything that swamps the kitchen.

What's the point...it'll only change soon!

I've been ordering the beans from Rave and Italian job is my preference so far.

I've been ordering the beans from Rave and Italian job is my preference so far.

Are you an espresso only drinker?

From what I read they should be good for making flat whites etc, which is what I drink

Isomac Alba

Elektra Grinder

Flat Whites only baby.

Yeh I only drink espresso but new to grinding and picking up loads of information on here.

Yeh I only drink espresso but new to grinding and picking up loads of information on here.

Know what you mean mate, bloody addictive and funny though, can't sleep with all the coffee I've been drinking

Isomac Alba

Elektra Grinder

Flat Whites only baby.

Are you an espresso only drinker?

From what I read they should be good for making flat whites etc, which is what I drink

Espresso +water+ milk isn't a flat white

CG, you'll get much more for your money second hand. I'd recommend getting something from here, eBay or gumtree. £200ish won't go far on a new grinder from espresso services

Espresso +water+ milk isn't a flat white

CG, you'll get much more for your money second hand. I'd recommend getting something from here, eBay or gumtree. £200ish won't go far on a new grinder from espresso services

I know, that's what I get in a coffee shop, too bloody lazy to froth milk at home and my calorific intake would rocket.

Isomac Alba

Elektra Grinder

Flat Whites only baby.

Yeh I'm looking for second hand and preferably on here as it seems the equipment on here is taken care of and people know what they're doing with it. Was just looking to pick up a tamper or whatever else catches my eye at espresso services.

Know what you mean mate, bloody addictive and funny though, can't sleep with all the coffee I've been drinking

Yeh I keep trying to improve my technique with the info on here but that means having to taste far too much coffee!

but that means having to taste far too much coffee!

is there such a thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AKA Toffee chips

When does the shaking stop????:)

Isomac Alba

Elektra Grinder

Flat Whites only baby.

was in workshop for a day, a few days ago and managed to do 10 double espressos throughout the day! (I think I am becoming immune)

AKA Toffee chips

was in workshop for a day, a few days ago and managed to do 10 double espressos throughout the day! (I think I am becoming immune)

Bloody hell I wouldn't be off the toilet, didn't know coffee was a laxative.

Isomac Alba

Elektra Grinder

Flat Whites only baby.

At 3am watching some US tv crap there is such a thing.

Hi twowone. another Glasgow punter here, had a look on espressoservices website and think i'll go over and have a look next week, hopefully won't spend too much...kinda looking to upgrade my grinder.

Tell them I sent you over, great guys, they'll do you a good deal mate.

Unit 34 BTW.

Edited by twotone

How did you get on with your beans from Rave? Just ordered a kilo of the italian blend, should get them Monday, did you find a big difference from the non freshly roasted?

My Rave order arrived yesterday but apparently you have to let them sit for a week before using.

I also received my order from Stewarts in Nottingham today today so going to get into those coffees tomorrow.

BTW, guys I'm putting my Gaggia Classic, Iberital grinder and Hasbean knock box up for sale shortly for anyone interested.

Someone isselling an Iberital MC2 grinder at the minute in the for sale forum and didn't want to mess his for sale advert up so I'm waiting on that grinder being sold or the advert slipping off the front page before putting my own for sale ad up.

My Rave order arrived yesterday but apparently you have to let them sit for a week before using.

I also received my order from Stewarts in Nottingham today today so going to get into those coffees tomorrow.

Yes have been told this too, I am actually thinking about try some each day just to see how the flavour changes/develops, really interested with regards to this.

Isomac Alba

Elektra Grinder

Flat Whites only baby.

Most fresh beans need a bit of rest before they reach their best, you can still use them but the pours might be a little inconsistent. In the case of Rave people say the flavours develop even past the 7-10 days rest so it might be worth trying for yourself.

Most fresh beans need a bit of rest before they reach their best, you can still use them but the pours might be a little inconsistent. In the case of Rave people say the flavours develop even past the 7-10 days rest so it might be worth trying for yourself.

By inconsistent do you mean that a particular grinder setting the output with change as the coffee dries? I take it that the yield gets smaller the older they get?

P.S. I don't know what you call an Americano with a small amount of milk added.

Edited by mremanxx
additional info

Isomac Alba

Elektra Grinder

Flat Whites only baby.

Wow 10 doubles would fry my brain...2-3 a day does me.

By inconsistent do you mean that a particular grinder setting the output with change as the coffee dries? I take it that the yield gets smaller the older they get?

P.S. I don't know what you call an Americano with a small amount of milk added.

Flavours mainly but flow will change too. You'll Need to adjust your getting setting over time as the coffee ages.

An Americano with a small amount of milk is an Americano with milk

Flavours mainly but flow will change too. You'll Need to adjust your getting setting over time as the coffee ages.

An Americano with a small amount of milk is an Americano with milk

Quality:)

Isomac Alba

Elektra Grinder

Flat Whites only baby.