What method do you use to make coffee at work?

What method do you use to make coffee at work?  

424 members have voted

1. 1. What method do you use to make coffee at work?

• Instant Coffee
    • Vending Machine
    • Brewed Coffee (French Press/V60/Kalita/Chemex/Sowden etc)
    • Aeropress
    • Espresso Machine
    • Nespresso Machine (or similar capsule machine)
    • Other (please describe below)

Hey Glenn...It is very easy to make coffee at a work place with the help of instant coffee.

Instant coffee actually stays fresher longer, moisture oxygen and light don't affect the flavours as much and it is incredibly convenient. To make instant coffee the coffee flavours are extracted using hot water then the water is removed by heat or by a freezing process producing the powder. Coffee essences are often replaced after the process is completed. In this case you don't need a coffee maker.

Does anybody want an EK43? I've seen the light now...

*kidding of course, don't go messaging me people*

Everything my heart could desire (more or less). . .

https://cupperjoe.com

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is now going to be my method of making coffee at work. Several months in the making. Just finished it!

Now I've moved ye olde LaPav and Niche combo to my workplace. I'm constantly rotating equipment to improve technique by using it throughout the day ?  

Dave.   Going to work for me means getting up, going downstairs and walking to the desk. At the end of the day - I do the same thing in reverse. I try to pan my day out so that I can have Da

Posted Images

Hey Glenn...It is very easy to make coffee at a work place with the help of instant coffee.

Instant coffee actually stays fresher longer, moisture oxygen and light don't affect the flavours as much and it is incredibly convenient. To make instant coffee the coffee flavours are extracted using hot water then the water is removed by heat or by a freezing process producing the powder. Coffee essences are often replaced after the process is completed. In this case you don't need a coffee maker.

All of my chuckles

"decaf iced americano, warm half-soy-half-oat floated on the top with 3 shakes cinnamon. I'm in a rush by the way. Oh, make sure it's E̵̘̹͍̒͊X̷̣̍͂t̶̙̽̚R̴̡̯̾͜a̸̡͉͝ ̷̨̪̓́H̵̟̳͋̉o̶̖̊̌͐Ț̷͔͑͜͠"

We are moving from a flavia sachet machine to bean2cup machines .... Everyone is really excited, I am already disappointed with the commodity burnt beans and badly extracted shots .... They haven't even turned up yet :D

Izzo Vivi, La Pavoni Europiccola, Microcasa a Leva, Macap MC4, Lido E .... and a preference for the Dark Side

Since my employers removed the drinks machine last year, they provide us with free tea bags, instant coffee, milk and sugar etc., A few of us clubbed together and got a cheap Tassimo. I've seen others using cafetieres and also there are a few aeropress devotees.

I've just purchased one of these as a gamble, only £19.99, and as it is Lakeland, if I don't like it, I can take it back . . .

http://www.lakeland.co.uk/70560/Lakeland-Coffee-On-The-Move-One-Touch-Filter-Coffee-Machine

Home: Sage Duo Temp Pro | Sage Smart Grinder Pro | Sage Knock Box Mini | Espro 53mm Flat Tamper | Digital Scales

Work: Aeropress

We are moving from a flavia sachet machine to bean2cup machines .... Everyone is really excited, I am already disappointed with the commodity burnt beans and badly extracted shots .... They haven't even turned up yet :D

Yeah, we went from instant to a Jura bean to cup, and everyone was exciting, but the beans are burnt to a crisp and the damn thing seems to be useless at pulling a shot anyway.

You can actually put your own ground coffee into it via a secret flap, so we did with some Ozone blend ground for espresso by them, and the bloody thing choked! Sticking with the aeropress then...

Home: Vesuvius + EK

Work: Aeropress + EK

Founder of upgradeitis anonymous - "The first step is admitting you no longer have any money"

Thanks to the timely arrival of an Argos voucher, I am now the proud owner of an Aeropress. Having used it twice now - normal and inverted, I can see why it has gained a cult following. Really clean, great tasting coffee. I still prefer my espresso based drinks, but this is great for work :coffee:

Home: Sage Duo Temp Pro | Sage Smart Grinder Pro | Sage Knock Box Mini | Espro 53mm Flat Tamper | Digital Scales

Work: Aeropress

• 3 weeks later...

I tend to avoid coffee at work. The coffee there is so bad people bring in instant. I guess a hand grinder and aeropress would work but to be honest I'm happy enough with one good coffee (filter) in the morning and an epsresso in the evening.

Keeps my caffeine consumption in check also.

Profitec 700 teamed up with a Super Jolly.

For the days when I am too busy to make coffees or when I'm away from the brewery we have a Nespresso with the milk frothing thingy.

• 2 weeks later...

I use a Aeropress with my Feldgrind and Acaia Lunar daily in the office. Our office was terrible for coffee (literally a big tub of gold blend) which made me sad, so I did a deal with my Director. Basically if he forked out for a Nespresso (before you lot jump on me this isn't my cup of tae but it is a far cry better then the crap they were drinking) and financed the capsules, that I would do a lunch and learn on coffee. I thought that no-one would be interested, christ I was wrong...

Hi Dillonmr, I did almost exactly this at my work too... persuaded my boss to fork out for the really expensive nespresso (against my better wishes, but hey, he wouldnt budge on getting anything that required actual making of coffee)... But i have found the nespresso to be fecking awful! Can i ask which capsules you recommend??

I wish I had time to break out my aeropress at work but alas, we have a folgers machine that has premade coffee that all you have to do is press a button and you instantly get coffee. It always tastes old and slightly burnt but it's better than what we had previously, which tasted like sawdust.

I was going to start Chemex offerings midweek but some mofo bought our Chemex today along with the last 2.5kg of C&S Suke Quto we had.

"decaf iced americano, warm half-soy-half-oat floated on the top with 3 shakes cinnamon. I'm in a rush by the way. Oh, make sure it's E̵̘̹͍̒͊X̷̣̍͂t̶̙̽̚R̴̡̯̾͜a̸̡͉͝ ̷̨̪̓́H̵̟̳͋̉o̶̖̊̌͐Ț̷͔͑͜͠"

I grind beans in the morning before leaving for work, and then use the aeropress during the day. Have had some funny looks from some colleagues. Others are pretty impressed with it. Better this by far, than the undrinkable rubbish they serve in the staff canteens.

• 1 month later...

I use a Cafflano - get funny looks from the other members of staff who seem quite happy with either instant crap or the flavia machine we have in the showroom - I'd rather drink dishwater!

Cafflano is good because if I'm out seeing customers then any burger van can just give me hot water and I can get a decent brew.

It was one of the best investments I've made.

A machine, a grinder & some beans

• 2 weeks later...

I use Aeropress at work mainly, sometimes V60. I don't think the boss would mind me installing an espresso machine, problem is though if I did that I'd never get any work done, I'd be making coffees for everyone all day, which I'd be more than happy with, but I'm not sure that the boss would :p

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...