Glenn

What method do you use to make coffee at work?

What method do you use to make coffee at work?  

356 members have voted

1. 1. What method do you use to make coffee at work?

• Instant Coffee
    • Vending Machine
    • Brewed Coffee (French Press/V60/Kalita/Chemex/Sowden etc)
    • Aeropress
    • Espresso Machine
    • Nespresso Machine (or similar capsule machine)
    • Other (please describe below)

Cool coffee locker! Complete with forum cup I see. Surely in a lab though, a syphon or at least a Chemex would be de rigeur? OTOH there's always the possibility a colleague could mistake it for work equipment and contaminate your gear with some hideous chemical that turns you into Dr Jekyll...

Rocket R58Ceado E37SAeropressAerGrind • Puck Puck cold brew widget • VST 18g basket • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 convex black Ti/walnut tamper • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 flat sharp edge tamper • Big bag o' beans • Triumph Street Triple 675R

Cool coffee locker! Complete with forum cup I see. Surely in a lab though, a syphon or at least a Chemex would be de rigeur? OTOH there's always the possibility a colleague could mistake it for work equipment and contaminate your gear with some hideous chemical that turns you into Dr Jekyll...

Thanks. We have so called common room with a kettle and a fridge, there's a V60 lying around as well. Some pre ground coffee available, too.

The lab is actually a computer lab, so apart from a penguin toy, there's nothing interesting in the lab :(. It's just natural to call it "the lab" given we have 24/7 access to it. Coffee shops are usually closed at 5am, the latest I stayed in there (and came back at 10am same morning).

Got to love the CF Keep Cup, reminds me to dig mine out sometime

Espresso: Quick Mill Verona

Grinder: Mythos and loving it

Tampers: Reg Barber flat 58.35

Ah. Computers. 5am finish, 10am restart. That's called a studio where I'm from! 😵

Rocket R58Ceado E37SAeropressAerGrind • Puck Puck cold brew widget • VST 18g basket • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 convex black Ti/walnut tamper • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 flat sharp edge tamper • Big bag o' beans • Triumph Street Triple 675R

Ah. Computers. 5am finish, 10am restart. That's called a studio where I'm from!

They never restart, we just keep them on so you can ssh to them at any time. There's probably odd 100+ Linux machines idling most of the nights...

No I mean leaving at 5am and coming back in at 10 after 2-3 hours sleep! Not too bothered whether the computers get a rest - but your working hours are not exactly unknown in more than a few studios I've had the 'pleasure' of working in. And not even a cuddly Linux penguin toy to rock back and forth with.

No I mean leaving at 5am and coming back in at 10 after 2-3 hours sleep! Not too bothered whether the computers get a rest - but your working hours are not exactly unknown in more than a few studios I've had the 'pleasure' of working in. And not even a cuddly Linux penguin toy to rock back and forth with.

Ah, I see. Luckily it's over soon, back to 9-5 in few months time!

At my job i use the 12-cup Bodum French Press. Then fill it on a thermos, and bring it to my desk. Can almost last me a whole day :)

i always go for the instant because i want it in an instant

Not ok.

The Artist Formerly Known As 'jonc' | All the gear, almost no idea.

I am working from home for the last 2 years as I have to look after my baby. I love coffee and espresso....:p!!! Just a single cup of coffee can make me happy and energetic.. :D :coffee: So I have bought an Electrolux 24-inch built-in stainless steel automatic espresso maker from Best brand appliances, Canada ( http://www.bestbrandappliance.ca/en/catalog/2528-Kitchen/140-Coffee-Makers).

Nespresso, with ristretto capsules, doubles get you somewhere, though still not as good as the Marzocco at my local coffee place.

Sorry guys but I don't have to anymore I'm retired. But used to take flask of americano, when everyone else used instant. No convenient access to a kitchen.

I used to drink instant rubbish and buy two proper coffees a day but now I've taught myself a lot more about coffee I make a macchiato in the morning and take an aeropress to work although I'm still experimenting with the right grind

Sage Creatista Plus | Rhinowares Hand Grinder | Bialetti Moka

Today I'm going on a course. With just one child in tow.

I'm not taking coffee, but I have dug out a travel mug so I can take some on the interminable drive up the A1. Why do travel mugs never fit in car cupholders?!

Did someone say coffee?

:Gaggia Classic--> Nuova Simonelli Oscar--> fracino Cherub:Mazzer SuperJolly:Hario V60+aeropress+french press:

My Frank Green Smart Cup (https://frankgreen.com/shop/coffee-cups.html) does...

I have one of those in the car on the morning (long commute) and the rest of the day is aeropress.

Home: Vesuvius + EK

Work: Aeropress + EK

Founder of upgradeitis anonymous - "The first step is admitting you no longer have any money"

Whoo hoo ... At my new place of employment they have one of those flavia sachet machines ... As far as a coffee machine system goes it isn't too bad, but what pleased me the most was I stuck an Eithiopean Yirg sachet it and could actually taste the funk that I hate from s natural .. Awesome

Izzo Vivi, La Pavoni Europiccola, Microcasa a Leva, Macap MC4, Lido E .... and a preference for the Dark Side

Ironically we have one of them mahoosive Jura machines at work, but I never use it as it produces pretty rank coffee.

I suspect this is mainly down to the quality of beans put in it (over roasted crap), however it does seem also to break *A LOT*

Home: Vesuvius + EK

Work: Aeropress + EK

Founder of upgradeitis anonymous - "The first step is admitting you no longer have any money"

I use those coffee bags. Mainly for ease, but because I can't face all the fuss of an aeropress, hand grinder etc at work.

Machine: Londinium L1

Grinder: EK43LE

Beans: Baristrocracy Ethiopian

Instagram: andrewrellim

Hey Glenn...It is very easy to make coffee at a work place with the help of instant coffee.

Instant coffee actually stays fresher longer, moisture oxygen and light don't affect the flavours as much and it is incredibly convenient. To make instant coffee the coffee flavours are extracted using hot water then the water is removed by heat or by a freezing process producing the powder. Coffee essences are often replaced after the process is completed. In this case you don't need a coffee maker.

Edited by Gregorholl

Then there's this:

158138786.jpg

(with apologies for racial overtones, but it does date from the 50s).

Still rusting